BitTorrent client

tkin

Back to school!!
I use uTorrent, the ads are negligible, the lightweight option with great download speeds make up for those.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
[MENTION=52329]tkin[/MENTION] uTorrent was mired in controversy for that.
The uTorrent Mining Scandal: Charity, Or Cash Grab?

I switched over to Deluge. No ads bullshit and suits by preference.

A

amit.tiger12

+1 to deluge.. plugins support is good and light weight..

gameranand

Living to Play
I am currently using tixati. Works great for me.

It gave me the infamous Existing File with Incorrect size error. Searched a bit and found out that devs haven't rectified it. Uninstalled immediately. If they happen to rectify this then I might give it a try again.

Deluge is quite good but TBH plugin support sometimes work and sometimes doesn't. Still vanilla does the job for me.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
latest is not always best or necessary(e.g.nero 7 vs latest nero 16,i still use nero 7 on win 7 system).utorrent older versions 2.2.1 works fine without any issues.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Bumping the old thread.

Actually, I tried a lot to switch from uTorrent but maybe others are not just competent enough.

I gave a shot to deluge (win 7) and Transmission (Ubuntu), but the only concerning problem I face is that when I add any particular torrent, both deluge and Transmission take forever to start download. Transmission takes so much time in downloading metadata. Sometimes, it takes up to 10 minutes for both, especially in case of transmission. uTorrent starts the download within 10 secs.

Have any of you guys faced this ?

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
[MENTION=52329]tkin[/MENTION] uTorrent was mired in controversy for that.
The uTorrent Mining Scandal: Charity, Or Cash Grab?

I switched over to Deluge. No ads bullshit and suits by preference.
Only if Deluge had an option of "Force Start" to override the Scheduler plugin.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Been using Deluge for a while now. And I didn't notice the delay in starting of torrents. But there are other annoyances with that. And it has to do with its inability to save states.

Like for ex, it doesn't save the last selected path. And the list of files which the torrent shows, I have to sort it and expand the list each time I open Deluge from the taskbar.

Also Deluge just doesn't feel good enough. There are other little annoyances too. I think I might switch back to uTorrent.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Bumping the old thread.

Actually, I tried a lot to switch from uTorrent but maybe others are not just competent enough.

I gave a shot to deluge (win 7) and Transmission (Ubuntu), but the only concerning problem I face is that when I add any particular torrent, both deluge and Transmission take forever to start download. Transmission takes so much time in downloading metadata. Sometimes, it takes up to 10 minutes for both, especially in case of transmission. uTorrent starts the download within 10 secs.

Have any of you guys faced this ?

I have noticed that Transmission takes time in downloading metadata. but my downloads gets completed in < 10 mins :twisted:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
[MENTION=2132]RCuber[/MENTION],using beam/act? :)

[MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION],
Like for ex,it doesn't save the last selected path
use e.g. to avoid misunderstanding :D

P.S.still using utorrent 2.0.x version & even found out a trick to manually edit status from "missing" back to "finished" for torrents for which files have been removed from original download location.will try it in future just for fun.

Top Bottom