BitTorrent client

RBX

In the zone
1859 torrents? How's that?

If you mainly use torrents & never reset your stats & setting then over time no. of torrents will accumulate.e.g.if you download ~50 torrents in a month then after 3 years it will become ~1800 torrents.

Half of these are manga torrents, and I'm currently seeding most of the manga I've downloaded since 2011 (I'm the only seeder on many of them).

My desktop's current torrent client is BitTorrent 7.8.2, and it works pretty well.

RBX

In the zone
It's a bit hard to explain, these aren't your regular manga ;) and many of these are oneshots.

I haven't read all of them, just keep downloading them. Moreover, the count is much more than 900 - earlier I used to use direct download, but it wasn't very manageable.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I get it ;) I was wondering how could someone read 900 regular manga even in 3 years with lots of free time.btw do you use private or public tracker for these & bittorrent inc bought utorrent back in 2006 so underlying functionality for both is very similar.

RBX

In the zone
I use private trackers - BakaBT, and one other (where most of my traffic goes). I also seed a lot from my desktop - which is used for storing anime.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So today I updated to the latest version of uTorrent. Shell shocked to the core from the UI. :shock:
Giving Deluge a try now.

bibinjohn

Journeyman
actually it is easy to remove the ads in utorrent follow these steps How to Remove Sponsored Ads from uTorrent: 9 Steps

it worked for me.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
when it comes to torrent one can't trust anything.because of its very nature no matter what client/encryption setting is used it is always possible to track someone with some serious efforts.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
when it comes to torrent one can't trust anything.because of its very nature no matter what client/encryption setting is used it is always possible to track someone with some serious efforts.

well said :)
But huge number of ads makes me feel like an adware/spyware is coming soon with one of it's updates

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
It takes less then 2 mins to remove them. After removing once you don't have to remove again, ever(even when you upgrade to the newest version).

That is so true. Removing ads from utorrent took 2 min. And now I can again use it as default torrent application.
Deluge felt a bit heavy. (Is it made in Java?). But uTorrent is amazingly responsive. Both use almost same memory tho.

josin

In the zone
if you are using deluge client there is a way to get some more protection ( well you know nothing is 100%).

Go to EDIT>PREFERENCE>BLOCKLIST and in URL column add this address *john.bitsurge.net/public/biglist.p2p.gz

tick the option " import blocklist on startup" and force download the list.

Top Bottom