BitTorrent client

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
why I can't see even a single add in my utorrent. Version is 3.4.2 [ 32126 ] ? As far as I can remember I've not done any tweaking with it :D

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
I use qBitTorrent. It is everything uTorrent is not as well as all that it is.

It is light, simple like uTorrent and not bloated and riddled with ads like it either.

Not to mention FOSS.

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=49633]geek_rocker[/MENTION]: Opeth fan?

hmmm. Having heard of qtorrent before I feel a bit silly after installing it for not having installed it sooner.

A

amit.tiger12

Using deluge... less memory, plugins support, simple UI..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dunno but still I'll suggest to switch to something else coz of that Bitcoin mining.

Thanks for pointing out. Only concern is 700+ pending torrent lists I've :D Hope I can back those up and add them into new torrent client.

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
Tried them all. Nothing beats bitcomet. Had been using it for the last 5-6yrs. Now using it with windows 8 64bit. It's free extremely Stable, Light, fast and efficient, downloads to**ent even with lower seeds. No ads bug. One tab is used for there own promotion. You can simply ignore it by switching to another tab. They have multi window kind of tabbed interface.

The only catch here is that you would need to make an account which is absolutely free. If you want to utilize the additional speed(yes they accelerate your downloads). You would need to sign in once with the account you created. It remains signed in after that until you manually logout(no need for that). As you download your score keeps on increasing and the score determines how much additional acceleration you would get from there own servers.
My score have increased so much that now My network is fully utilized even when the seeds are extremely low. Try it. It just keeps on improving.

If you need, I can share my account details on PM. The more people download the better.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
AFAIK there is one advantage to uTorrent which I have not yet found in any other client - I can allot a major portion of RAM for disk caching thus reducing disk access.

As I run torrents only when not using the system I have set 1 GB as cache. I have set to cache all reads, write only completed pieces and never delete cache unless full.

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
& that is exactly why many private torrent trackers have blacklisted bitcomet.

I have never had any problems in downloading any to**ent in the past 6 yrs. Would you kindly mention which to**ent or site are you talking about?

As far as I know, everything works with bitcomet. Don't know from where have you got that info!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i use 1-2 pvt trackers that blacklist bitcomet stating that it promotes hit & run downloading,don't know about other such trackers but it seems bitcomet has many controversies over the years.
BitComet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
i use 1-2 pvt trackers that blacklist bitcomet stating that it promotes hit & run downloading,don't know about other such trackers but it seems bitcomet has many controversies over the years.
BitComet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Seems to be one of a kind case. I can Confirm that it's not something to worry about. Also, for the end user it only.means additional speed. So, if you are really paranoid about something like that. Then surely use something else. But, the advantages far outweighs these 1 or 2 isolated trackers.

Top Bottom