Best Value for money Desktop within 85k

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
lordirecto

lordirecto

In the zone
@Jas: I thought the thickness of the fan blades help to push more air, you know, like Noctua CPU coolers....

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

@S_V: Thanks for cheering me up :D

As you wish, I will post the 460 GTX pics now.

*i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff461/rrshankar/P1010616.jpg

*i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff461/rrshankar/P1010617.jpg

*i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff461/rrshankar/P1010618.jpg

*i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff461/rrshankar/P1010619.jpg

*i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff461/rrshankar/P1010620.jpg

*i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff461/rrshankar/P1010621.jpg

*i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff461/rrshankar/P1010622.jpg

*i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff461/rrshankar/P1010623.jpg

*i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff461/rrshankar/P1010625.jpg

*i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff461/rrshankar/P1010626.jpg

*i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff461/rrshankar/P1010630.jpg

*i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff461/rrshankar/P1010631.jpg

*i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff461/rrshankar/P1010632.jpg

*i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff461/rrshankar/P1010634.jpg

*i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff461/rrshankar/P1010635.jpg

*i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff461/rrshankar/P1010637.jpg

*i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff461/rrshankar/P1010638.jpg

I forgot to mention another thing. I had ordered a total of 8GB RAM in 4x2GB. But SMC sent me 2x4GB RAM!! Though I am not sure, does using 4 memory sticks give 2x dual lane? Or not?

S_V

In the zone
Thanks for posting pics... Damn that card is Beauty.....

Yeah,, it's better like this 2 x4GB rams than 4x 2GB rams.. As it's less burden on memory controller with only 2 RAMS.....
Congrats once again...

d3p

PowerHouse
Sad to know, SMC as well as deltapage are doing such things.

Waiting periods are still more then. You know waiting are good sometimes.

OP
lordirecto

lordirecto

In the zone
Thanks for posting pics... Damn that card is Beauty.....

Yeah,, it's better like this 2 x4GB rams than 4x 2GB rams.. As it's less burden on memory controller with only 2 RAMS.....
Congrats once again...
Thank you!
I thought I will be able to get more performance if I use all the 4 DIMMs, so I went in for 4x2GB.

Sad to know, SMC as well as deltapage are doing such things.

Waiting periods are still more then. You know waiting are good sometimes.

Yeah, waiting is really good. I agree. It is because I waited a long long time to get my NZXT Phantom, I realised that it does not fulfill all my needs without modifications. And thanks to theitdepot's delay, I was able to get a refund, I am able to invest in a better cabinet which is also future proof.

rchi84

In the zone
Hey, put a Black Dot on your PC somewhere. Sabki Nazar lag gayi lol.

Bad luck about the GPU and Cabinet. But I wouldn't blame Deltapage for theirs. Maybe they got a bad piece from the CM distributor in India. That happens.

SMC though, that's a big goofup. Sending a customer a card that they hadn't ordered, is very unprofessional. Whoever did that should get fined or suspended. It seriously dents their reputation.

Nice Pics bro. Happy gaming :D

OP
lordirecto

lordirecto

In the zone
Hey, put a Black Dot on your PC somewhere. Sabki Nazar lag gayi lol.
Well, I guess I have to :D

Bad luck about the GPU and Cabinet. But I wouldn't blame Deltapage for theirs. Maybe they got a bad piece from the CM distributor in India. That happens.
Dude, I spoke to the guy(his name is Sanjay btw) who had packed the cabinet. And he said he checked the cabinet by unboxing itself. I suspect it was him who damaged the cabinet and still packed it as he might get into trouble if anyone finds out.
Also, I really doubt if CM has such a bad QC, I did not photograph the damage as I was extremely furious with Delta that I was shouting over the phone at those guys.

SMC though, that's a big goofup. Sending a customer a card that they hadn't ordered, is very unprofessional. Whoever did that should get fined or suspended. It seriously dents their reputation.
I dont think they will take any action. Also it makes me suspect that they tried to give away the 460 GTX on purpose as both 560 GTX Ti and 460 GTX looks exactly the same.

Nice Pics bro. Happy gaming :D
Thank you!

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

that gfx is cool. and smc did better to send you 2 4gb sticks. :-D

Yeah, its an awesome cooler and heat sink. As for RAM sticks, I guess things have happened for the best :)

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

@Lord: How much SMC has charged you for the RAM's ?

It cost me 5100 for 4x2GB, but I do not know if the price differs for 2x4GB sticks which I received.

OP
lordirecto

lordirecto

In the zone
It is unusual that a metropolitan city like Chennai has a power cut for an entire day. That is what Delta told me today. So the end effect is that they did not check the mail that I had sent yesterday, which resulted in them not seeing the cargo number that corresponds to my cabinet shipment to chennai. And because of this, Delta has not picked up the damaged cabinet which inturn has delayed them from sending me the replacement.
So it is going to take one more day for me to get my cabinet from chennai. And truthfully, my folks at my place are telling me that it would have been better if I had placed my order with SMC.

@dep: I see.............

d3p

PowerHouse
i can sense somebody is getting impatience. Control beta Control.

Off Topic : Give Navaratna Oil a try, may feel relieved.

OP
lordirecto

lordirecto

In the zone
Navratna oil? Good one!!
Yeah, I'm obviously impatient. Becasue I am not able to just sit simply and watch the components that I have with me :D

d3p

PowerHouse
I'm missing those frustrated facial expression actually. Anyway enjoy your Oil Massage.

Last edited:

masterkd

Padawan
i can sense somebody is getting impatience. Control beta Control.

Off Topic : Give Navaratna Oil a try, may feel relieved.

that's really a great one :rofl:

@lordirecto, ya, that really sucks..but don't worry, you'll get rest of the things soon and you can play with your monster!!

OP
lordirecto

lordirecto

In the zone
I'm missing those frustrated facial expression actually. Anyway enjoy your Oil Massage.

hehehe

that's really a great one :rofl:

@lordirecto, ya, that really sucks..but don't worry, you'll get rest of the things soon and you can play with your monster!!

Yup, its going to be a hell of a monster :D

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

I received my 2500k proccy and monitor. I am not able to post any pics as my camera is not turning on. God knows what went wrong!

OP
lordirecto

lordirecto

In the zone
^ Yeah :(
One problem or another keeps cropping up :(

@furious: Take a look at my title now :p

Last edited:

d3p

PowerHouse
Oh come on dude, why are you scre*wing up your Lordness ??

Just kidding, Have patience yaar.

OP
lordirecto

lordirecto

In the zone
Patience? :rofl:
Now it seems that I have to wait till the first/second week of April to get my motherboard :D
I really want to kick Intel and AMD, for messing up P67 chipset and not quickly releasing Bulldozer platform respectively.

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

SMC has reduced the price of Asus P8P67 DELUXE from 16,500 to 16,000. Since they have not dispatched the mobo to me, I want to know if I can ask SMC to refund me the difference of 500 rupees.

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

UPDATE: I just picked up my Cooler Master HAF X from the courier office. At long last I got an undamaged piece!!!

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

SMC International is such a cheap dealer. I sent the N460 GTX through air-cargo, but they send me the correct graphic card through surface courier, even after I specifically requested them to send the graphic card through air-cargo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom