Best Phone Within 24k???

Status
Not open for further replies.

george101

Good Boy
guys am planning to buy a new phone and has been planning for almost a month but still has not decided. am confused whether to go for 5800 or stretch my budget and go for N85? is 24k justified for N85? does it have any problems? i liked 5800 in papers but wen i held it in my hand i felt it a little bit small but lengthy. am currently using 6210 Navigator and fell 5800 is smaller than it. do i have any other option other than these two? please help guys. am very confused:!:

sujoyp

Grand Master
I assume u want a smartphone coz ur choice is N85 and 5800

What else is ur requirement.....whats ur use basically....music is good on both

If u like samsung they have some great phones like PIXON and S8300 ultra touch with 8mp cam
*www.gsmarena.com/samsung_s8300_ultratouch-2667.php
*www.gsmarena.com/samsung_m8800_pixon-2535.php

OP
george101

george101

Good Boy
wel to b frank i dont use camera much, hence doesnt care much. a 3.2mp wil b enough

i mainly prefer a handset with good talktime(>=5h), superb display and a 3.5mm jack

k4ce

Youngling
i wud go for the 5800 ... its a smart fone ... plus cam u really arent interested in ... and the 5800 has better battery life (according to available info) ....

Tamoghno

Padawan
5800 may seem to have a little long in shape but in practical its very good in ergonomics department. UNLIKE OTHER SMARTPHONE IT CAN BE EASILY USED IN ONE HAND. so dont worry about shape.
Also n85 isreally not worth the price it asks for. The screen is better but not exceptional . I'd recomend n82 as it has better hardware including cam and procy /graphics chip. Or wait for n86 , price will be around same as n85 but has insane camera quality in low light.

OP
george101

george101

Good Boy
thanks for helping me out guys.

omnia looks cool. wil check it out. but does it have any problems? coz the 6210 am using now is full of it and am fed up with it. i dont want go to service center every now and then. does it have a 3.5mm jack???

i wud have gone for the n82 if it was just like an n73, which was my previous set and i just dont want to buy a simple candybar.

hows samsung i450? i was thinking to buy samsung now and wait till n86 or 5710XM is out and its initial problems are solved. wil samsung give me any problems? my main use will be music

Last edited:

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
IMO spare a few grand more and get an iPhone. That's what a smartphone should be...Don't waste money on the likes of Nokias, Samsungs & WinMos of the world. They really really need to work on their UIs.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ROFLMAO.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
thanks for helping me out guys.

omnia looks cool. wil check it out. but does it have any problems? coz the 6210 am using now is full of it and am fed up with it. i dont go to service center every now and then. does it have a 3.5mm jack???

i wud have gone for the n82 if it was just like an n73, which was my previous set and i just want to buy a simple candybar.

hows samsung i450? i was thinking to buy samsung now and wait till n86 or 5710XM is out and its initial problems are solved. wil samsung give me any problems? my main use will be music

Omnia is one of the best windows mobile phones that samsung has ever produced and it is totally designed for multimedia savvy smartphone users. It has a battery backup of 6hrs.

Key features as per gsmarena:
624MHz Marvell PXA312 CPU and 128 MB RAM
3.2" 65K-color touchscreen with resolution of 240 x 400 pixels
8 to 16 GB of storage memory, microSD expansion
Optical joystick with virtual mouse functionality
DivX video support right out of the box
Built-in GPS receiver with A-GPS
Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional OS
5 megapixel autofocus camera with wide dynamic range mode, face tracking, smile detection, geotagging
3G with HSDPA 7.2 Mbps
Wi-Fi
Stereo Bluetooth and USB connectivity
FM radio with RDS
Built-in accelerometer for auto screen rotation and call muting
TV-out
Solid build and great finish
Slick design and slim body
Nice battery life
Fast response and performance
Excellent thumb-optimized software package
Thumbable virtual QWERTY keyboard with optional landscape mode
TouchWiz UI
Above average audio quality
Headset comes with a 3.5mm audio jack

Samsung i450 is a nice phone but you need to have right set of headphones to get enough loudness out of the 3.5mm port. You need to buy headset like this one *www.gsmarena.com/showpic.php3?sImg=reviewsimg/samsung-i900-omnia/phone/gsmarena_069.jpg to use a high quality heaphones and get enough loudness.

Read "final comments" here *www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i900_omnia-review-267p8.php

Phones like this is the reason why Samsung is fast climbing the ladder and seriously threatening Nokia for that no.1 spot.

Last edited:
OP
george101

george101

Good Boy
iphone costs 30k! way out of budget.

i do have ep630. wont it be enough?

omnia has everything but a good display. just 65k! u must be kidding me. am now using 16M and i dont want to downgrade

W995 specs looks good. but with 8.1MP cam am afraid it wil b priced too much

any idea wen n86 will be out?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
don't judge it by 65k or 16M.

The display of HTC P3400 (65k color) is much better when compared to Motorokr E6's 256k color display that is because the resolution of these phones is lot higher.

and believe me, that 16M display eats up battery really fast.

Take a demo of Samsung Omnia or any winmobile phone that has good resolution and you will accept that 65k/256k/16M won't make much difference.

OP
george101

george101

Good Boy
i do hope u r rite

wil ep630 be enough for i450? also r u sure omnia has 3.5mm jack?

thanks for helping me :)

OP
george101

george101

Good Boy
n86 wil b priced around 28k rite? its much above my budget at the moment.

btw wats ur opinion abt i450??? or should i just go for 5800???

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
Get the 5800 if cam is not ur priority otherwise get the N82 (superb cam) with ur eyes closed if u can adjust with the candy form factor once again. Don't get the N85..It is a gr8 phone though but has a lot of build quality issues..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom