Best In Ear phones between Rs 600- Rs 1200

doomgiver

Warframe
if you want quality, forget about ep-630.

go for the soundmagics, just dont tug or pull their cords hard, you will be ok.

Sarath

iDota
Just get a CX180. Having spent more than 6000 bucks on earphones at different points -500,600,800,1500,1500,1900 I have realised that the CX180 are really unbeatable at that price point. That is if you like bass.

Right now have a pair of CX180 and M1 sitting on my table.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ratul carry a small case. Trust me it will be odd but worth saving a few buck on new earphones every time. Even I keep them in my jeans pocket and close to behead them each time I pull them out. No to mention accidently sleeping on them, stamping on them in the morning, finding that you are sitting on your phones all along and finally realising that your torture has shown results. Yes the earphones are dead. Now all earphones are prone to damage, even if you spend around 7k or more. I am not sure if the detachable cable ones are more durable, they are not doubt but then 6-10k for earphone. Thats a lot.

So -carry a case :)

P.S. I got one with my M1 and I carry it in it or which ever one I decide to carry.

ratul

█████████████████
Just get a CX180. Having spent more than 6000 bucks on earphones at different points -500,600,800,1500,1500,1900 I have realised that the CX180 are really unbeatable at that price point. That is if you like bass.

Right now have a pair of CX180 and M1 sitting on my table.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ratul carry a small case. Trust me it will be odd but worth saving a few buck on new earphones every time. Even I keep them in my jeans pocket and close to behead them each time I pull them out. No to mention accidently sleeping on them, stamping on them in the morning, finding that you are sitting on your phones all along and finally realising that your torture has shown results. Yes the earphones are dead. Now all earphones are prone to damage, even if you spend around 7k or more. I am not sure if the detachable cable ones are more durable, they are not doubt but then 6-10k for earphone. Thats a lot.

So -carry a case :)

P.S. I got one with my M1 and I carry it in it or which ever one I decide to carry.

thnx for the advice, but i am worried by a recently read review about SoundMagics here-
SoundMagic "Chinese" Build Quality.

Sarath

iDota
Well almost everything is made in china. If you are paranoid then do check the make and buy. Thats is just one review. If you come accross a few more then dump them.

I would say dump all and take a CX180 ;-)

ratul

█████████████████
Well, today i bought SoundMagic PL21 @ Rs.550 from SMC, Nehru Place.
Sounds really good, thanks for your advices..

Sarath

iDota
Congrats bro. Nice to have another soul with happy ears :-D

The box looks cool. My 600 buck phones came in a plastic cover. :))

doomgiver

Warframe
Skullcandy are the best in this range....
wut? are you aware of the terms "quality" and "troll"?

Well almost everything is made in china. If you are paranoid then do check the make and buy. Thats is just one review. If you come accross a few more then dump them.

I would say dump all and take a CX180 ;-)

well, soundmagics are really just rebranded chinese earphones. the quality is good, but yes, they are a bit fragile.

so be a bit more careful with them... it doenst take much effort.
and its not like everything from china is of bad quality.

Sarath

iDota
I am already aware of that. Imagine every iphone ever sold is made in china and it is a benchmark for quality in many ways.

Also the thread has served its purpose. I think it will / should be locked anytime soon.

desai_amogh

In the zone
ah.. no one talks about skull candy.. loads of ppl in my office use these earphone.. I use PL30 myself.. and love it..

are these skullcandy phones really worth ??

s_holmes

Broken In
Even I want to know whether Skullcandy's are worth it.. I am specifically looking at either Skullcandy Ink'd or Riot and comparing them with SoundMagic PL11, PL21 etc.

doomgiver

Warframe
skullcandy sound quality is horrible, even worse than ep-630.

i tried my friend's new SK titan headphones (fresh out of the wrapping) and those damn things actually DISTORT the sound. this is my first impression : the music was "square" and all the sounds were crowded. i may not be an expert, but i know a fail product when i listen to it.

i vowed NEVER to even touch another skullcandy in my life.

this is the reason why bad companies like apple and skullcandy survive. hype, aggressive marketing and "sheep" mentality. no offense, but you wanted a skullcandy coz EVERYBODY AROUND YOU HAD ONE, right?

really, i advise you guys not to use your hard-earned money to buy horrible products like these, there are better options at much lower prices.

samudragupta

Youngling
ah.. no one talks about skull candy.. loads of ppl in my office use these earphone.. I use PL30 myself.. and love it..

are these skullcandy phones really worth ??

Even I want to know whether Skullcandy's are worth it.. I am specifically looking at either Skullcandy Ink'd or Riot and comparing them with SoundMagic PL11, PL21 etc.

Yes, i have few friends using them and they are atleast better than my ipods earphones. The treble is better than most in the 500-800 range.

ratul

█████████████████
Are the Soundmagic MP21 available in Delhi or where i can get the best buy online for those?

no, i dont think these are available, you must order it online, as i asked smc, they did'nt had them..

vulpine

Broken In
My Soundmagic pl30 went kaput yesterday :( :(
the right one is no more working, looks like the wire has been damaged on the inside.

I must admit that build quality really sucks! As I already mentioned before, the knobs were very easily breakable.
I think Soundmagics are really overhyped for what they offer. Compared to EP630s, PL30s only offer better bass and comfort.
Noise isolation is not that good either.....
So, Guys think before you buy.

And now I am on hunt for a new pair of earphones
I am considering sony EX50, Philips SHE 9550,SHE 9700
any suggestions guys....?

s_holmes

Broken In
I have ordered SoundMagic PL11 earphones from MediaHome.in last week. I also transferred the money by NEFT. But I have got absolutely no response from them even though I have sent multiple mails. Even the phone number is not reachable.

Can anyone tell me how to get in touch with them, if someone has previously ordered anything from MediaHome.in?

aroraanant

Explorer
I have ordered from them,They usually pick the phone on first call,I don't know why are u facing such kind of problem.Try once more tomorrow and also leave them a mail

Top Bottom