Being an INDIAN, when do you feel HAPPY and HATE?

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
I hate when India exists among top 10/top 100 in the field of corruption, violence, women insecurity etc., but beyond 100 when comes for positive things.

Hrishi

Love the diversity ,but at the same time hate the restrictions in this country when it comes to living life to its full. People have a very narrow mindset .

Hrishi

broad mind and narrow mind is diff from having western values and traditional values.
I am not complaining about traditional values. But you should know , that if you are living in a typical Indian society , you have to face many restrictions. [ Men have lesser restrictions though.]
There will be relatives and many more people indulging in your affairs , giving you all kind of tips , suggestions , critics , and whatnot ..... Do one thing out of the box , and you'll get to hear a lot.
We are changing , though.But still , things like these are still there.
People have this habit of poking their nose in to someone else's affair,

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
exactly good point, that poking nose into other people's affair thing is natural here. we have different norms about body contact, privacy, type of language used, rubbernecking, how to eat food, eye contact... the list is endless.. we dont have to import everything which may have flaws of their own
all I am saying is that there are at least some who follow the mantra of "modernisation, not westernisation"

one of the things I like is that poverty is still a virtue in India. now I know most of you will argue this is idealistic, unrealistic, impractical in today's age, but at least it questions the mindless march of capitalism, and thinks about resources and their use in a holistic way.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Speed of Light is calculated in Vedas more accurately than Einstein did | MatraBhumi

Happy or Hate? You decide. ;)

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
I love my country but i dont like:

When India wins the cricket world cup.
"I am proud of my country"
When a rape happens in the country.
"I am ashamed of my country"

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
hate those bollywood actors filled with swag going to iifa 2014 (hosted in USA). somebody please tell them that hosting IIFA in usa won't make it equivalent to oscars.

GamerSlayer

ProdiGeek
I hate being an Indian all the time. I watch Commentators and envy them and those dudes who comment stuff like, "Yo, I got a PS4, and XBox One and an awesome Computer for christmas this year." Also, I have been living in Saudi Arabia all my childhood and just love the comfort that a Middle East country could offer and bothers me to hear that INDIA can never offer that. If I go typing on, I can probably write a thesis.

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
What is the point of this thread ? . Such threads only invite more and more of those USA/EUphile sycophantic suck-ups who I detest and despise.Shooo !!

Cheers!
AbhMkh

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Simple. I love being an Indian, because of the nice people (however they are becoming scarce nowadays), the climate (not cold). At the same time I hate to be here in India mainly because of internet speeds, the only single reason if I have to pick one, other than that I don't like too many festivals, too much noise, way too many people thus horrible public transportation, and how women are treated here (in villages mostly, this is the second most reason after internet). So it's more hate than being happy, but after visiting UK and USA multiple times and staying there for a short while I can not imagine establishing there, in those western countries (especially the two I mentioned, the latter way more ****ed up undoubtedly). Just provide better internet plans :p and please let all the back-talking / backstabbing kind of people die, India will improve beyond imagination.

I hate it when people use adjectives instead of nouns. Also, dangling prepositions.

- - - Updated - - -

What is the point of this thread ? . Such threads only invite more and more of those USA/EUphile sycophantic suck-ups who I detest and despise.Shooo !!

Cheers!
AbhMkh

Now you hate something, and this is the only real reply so far.

beingGamer

In the zone
for me..
I feel happy when we achieve something with less efforts/resources, which other countries achieve with more efforts/resources.

I hate being an Indian when i hear news of rapes/gang rapes. for people doing such a crime there should be a death penalty by cutting their d!cks if they are found guilty of it..
Until they fear such horrific death, they wont stop.
A few days ago there was even a news that a man was gang raped.. Now what is this sh!t??

Top Bottom