Battlefield 3

chris

In the zone
Re: Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Discussion

i always knew i wont be able to play online but made this purchase just to purchase :D

We need to specify country while searching for server. Select only japan and singapore, then you get low ping servers. Try playing at night, you get better ping. Play on servers with very few players, so there won't be any admin to kick you for high ping or login to some empty server, learn to fly helicopters, jets, that is fun too.

kartikoli

Busy!!

which server u r playing ? first check singapore servers , then some japan servers give 150-200ms pings, then try australian, german and russian servers. i played many times with ~400ms, most of the time dont get kicked, but its inconvenient.
i was playing on germany i believe
We need to specify country while searching for server. Select only japan and singapore, then you get low ping servers. Try playing at night, you get better ping. Play on servers with very few players, so there won't be any admin to kick you for high ping or login to some empty server, learn to fly helicopters, jets, that is fun too.
thanks will search accordingly

when i enter in the game then its difficult to understand who to kill .. i mean which color soldiers are friendlies ... few times i was killed as i didnt knew if i have to kill or not

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

Newbies, see this pictorial for 'how to browse for servers'

*i.imgur.com/GX9cy.jpg

Step 1 : Test your PINGS to various region/countries. Use Pingtest.net - The Global Broadband Quality Test
Step 2 : Set that country in "Region" filter, now you'll get severs with best ping.

Tips:
1. Click the "Ping" tab to sort the pings (low to high)
2. Try the other filters, if you want to play Conquest ONLY, then 'check' the Conquest option.

@RCuber, can you add this in first post?

Source

chris

In the zone

when i enter in the game then its difficult to understand who to kill .. i mean which color soldiers are friendlies ... few times i was killed as i didnt knew if i have to kill or not

All your team mates have green or blue color on top of their head. If it is red or nothing, it is enemy. You can spot an enemy by aiming and pressing Q key. Once spotted, they are visible in mini map, so all your team mate can see and kill him.

Play TDM (team death match), they are small maps.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member

Hit the Q key to spot, other than than , when an enemy fires his unsilenced weapon, he shows up in the mini map for few seconds. he can also be spotted using a TUGS or a MAV.

snap

Lurker

T-UGS - Battlefield Wiki - Battlefield 3, Bad Company 2, Weapons, Levels, Maps, Characters and more! :)

Nerevarine

Incarnate

What pings are you guys getting ?
My Origin download is way too slow.. Its been 4 days and only 10 gb has been downloaded..
Its not my internet connection as I can download other stuff pretty fast

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member

^^ its a common problem with Origin, crap speeds. pings up to 250 are playable.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

What pings are you guys getting ?
My Origin download is way too slow.. Its been 4 days and only 10 gb has been downloaded..

Mine downloaded within 15 Hours. And I'm getting around 90 - 100 Ping on Singapore / Hong Kong Servers.

chris

In the zone

if you are using third party dns (opendns, google dns etc..) switch to ISP provided DNS, then you will download from indian servers.

Monk

Journeyman

Reached lvl 24 yayy! I must admit BF3 is THE best MP game i played so far, its so chaotic and immerse! Even brought the B2K DLC for big maps and new weapons. It was available on amazon for $5.99.

Only issue i have is that my shots don't register, sometimes i unload a whole clip on an enemy and he kills me with 2 shots and walks away with 25% health. Is it a ping issue? I usually play with 200-250ms ping on German servers.

Nerevarine

Incarnate

Reached lvl 24 yayy! I must admit BF3 is THE best MP game i played so far, its so chaotic and immerse! Even brought the B2K DLC for big maps and new weapons. It was available on amazon for $5.99.

Only issue i have is that my shots don't register, sometimes i unload a whole clip on an enemy and he kills me with 2 shots and walks away with 25% health. Is it a ping issue? I usually play with 200-250ms ping on German servers.

Yup, that is a ping issue.. currently facing the same problem in MoH multiplayer...
Damn EA will never assingn a server in India

Monk

Journeyman

Yup, that is a ping issue.. currently facing the same problem in MoH multiplayer...
Damn EA will never assingn a server in India

How active is MOH's MP?

Nerevarine

Incarnate

Its pretty active, but the problem is ping.. and the game itself
Just forget MoH multiplayer, even if I had good ping.. its still crap..
The multiplayer runs on Unreal Engine 3, which has guns whose damage equals to that of a potato gun..
The only available sniper comes with red dot sight instead of an actual scope.. WTF
Spawn positions are so bugged, even in team matches.. the other team just ducks in and spawn camps
In short, play BF3, forget MoH

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!

Its pretty active, but the problem is ping.. and the game itself
Just forget MoH multiplayer, even if I had good ping.. its still crap..
The multiplayer runs on Unreal Engine 3, which has guns whose damage equals to that of a potato gun..
The only available sniper comes with red dot sight instead of an actual scope.. WTF
Spawn positions are so bugged, even in team matches.. the other team just ducks in and spawn camps
In short, play BF3, forget MoH

MP is what runs on FB2.0, SP runs on UE3.

Top Bottom