Battlefield 3 discussion!

dan4u

Took Off!!!
origin is such a pain in the A** :-x, every time I launch the game, a web browser opens and goes to battlelog, I click on play campaign and it says launching, then initializing.....then Nothing:-x....it doesn't launch. a friend of mine didn't do the 5gb update and he can play the campaign, the update messed everything up:-x

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
login to origin and then go offline, start the game. this way you can play Campaign without loading battlelog..

also try right clicking on Battlefield and click repair..

dan4u

Took Off!!!
^^ I installed all the updates(5gb), even origin is the latest version.....but it doesn't launch, it says initializing and that's it . there are lots of people facing this issue, i just googled it, but no one seems to give a perfect solution. :-x

login to origin and then go offline, start the game. this way you can play Campaign without loading battlelog..

ok will try that...

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
but I thought B2K DLC was free only for the limited edition, I bought the standard edition from flipkart...:-?
that B2K DLC had some major patches included, so..., but lok at it this way, if you buy B2K now, you dont have to d/l the DLC mpa :p
they screwed up the 1st patch only, so dont worry.

if you want to play just the campaign, then turn off the wifi on your laptop & launch BF3 shortcut or origin ->start game
& make sure your laptop is in "High Performance" mode

dan4u

Took Off!!!

that B2K DLC had some major patches included, so..., but lok at it this way, if you buy B2K now, you dont have to d/l the DLC mpa :p
they screwed up the 1st patch only, so dont worry.

if you want to play just the campaign, then turn off the wifi on your laptop & launch BF3 shortcut or origin ->start game
& make sure your laptop is in "High Performance" mode

I went offline and tried launching bf3, a window opened which said "launching" and then it disappeared, and nothin happned:-x....I have no idea whats wrong. :-(

EDIT: I did a install repair, and now its downloading a 103MB file, I wonder if that helps....

yea, the 103MB file worked, now its launching:mrgreen:

Last edited:

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
any other way to apply the 5gb patch to bf3? because i have a slow internet connection(edge from BB) so i cannot download it from origin
i was thinking to go to a cyber cafe download the patch files from torrents and dump it to bf3 inst. folder on my PC and then playing MP

dan4u

Took Off!!!
^ I don't think you can do that, it needs to be downloaded in the system where bf3 is installed, and only through origin....EA sux because of this..:-x

IndianRambo

In the zone
if u can get patches from your friends. copy the patch folder into bf3 installed directory then repair installing using origin,then it will download around 150 mb file and it will finish.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Coming September
guess it will price like 2699 in india .
I am waiting from 1.5 month for premium price to go back to 1599 . If it will not go down , i will rather buy DLC@ 599 except close quater ofcourse .

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Coming September
guess it will price like 2699 in india .
I am waiting from 1.5 month for premium price to go back to 1599 . If it will not go down , i will rather buy DLC@ 599 except close quater ofcourse .

I think I gave the same reply back then, it was origin's anniversary offer. Chances of that pricing is low now.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Reach the mission "Comrades" today. The enemy AI is too intelligent sometimes. Even if I take cover the come and kill me and let me not even started how much time securing the apartment took in Operation Guilitone took. The foot soldiers from the hill always killed me. There seemed to be a infinite supply of enemy soldiers from the apartment.

sharang.d

Youngling
Started playing this today.
Getting pwnt badly. Playing this after completing GR:FS and Spec Ops the Line. They had a system of cover -> then shoot.
I can't find any such thing here.. It's like CS :X
Forgot how to plat FPS after TPS :(
Any pointers? Much appreciated, thanks!

I take cover
How to take cover?

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Can't stress this enough. Keep an eye on the minimap. All the time.
Keep it at maximum zoom to see the enemies near you.

Edit: You are talking about SP or MP?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Started playing this today.
Getting pwnt badly. Playing this after completing GR:FS and Spec Ops the Line. They had a system of cover -> then shoot.
I can't find any such thing here.. It's like CS :X
Forgot how to plat FPS after TPS :(
Any pointers? Much appreciated, thanks!

How to take cover?

there's n cover system like SOTL or GRFS - you need to get behind of strong objects to take cover though taking cover in this game is much easier than BFBC2 - another tip is to lie down on the ground or crouch or stay invisible as much as you can. Play it a little -- you will get used to it.

Top Bottom