Battlefield 3 discussion!

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
=BFI= community will be hosting 1 or 2 servers in India. Its confirmed but clearance to host will take about a month probably.

BTW, playing the SP, its not nice. :(

They say it's better than BC2's, that's good for me. I kinda liked BC2 SP. Anyway, it's shipped just waiting for the delivery. Unfortunately, it'll arrive after I'd have gone. :(

See you guys in March.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
so as for single player the game not worth 1.5K ? as for multiplayer the OLD battlefield 2 servers are lagging in INDIA !

can any one say the single player is good enough !

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ I think 1.5K is for the limited edition, retail edition is Rs. 999, a Planet M guy told me this over the phone, im going to pickup the retail edition tomorrow :)

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
*media.bestofmicro.com/Z/5/313601/original/nvidia%20high%201920.png

*media.bestofmicro.com/Y/N/313583/original/amd%20high%201920.png

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Yup radeons are performing better than their nvidia counterparts in high settings.
Its the ultra settings where things are reversed.

Its nice that a 5750 is giving 30+ fps in high settings that too in fullhd. My resolution is 1600x900. Expecting better fps numbers.

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ultra is MSAA which might be fixed in next Catalyst updates. ;)

Buying this game in a day or two. ;)

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Post screenshots with fraps on once you buy it. Your new rig must be dying to run a game of this level and magnitude.:razz:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
1st WTF! Moment, No proper mapping for my Xbox 360 controller :| .

EDIT: My keyboard is completely useless when it comes to games as my keyboard has a issues with continuous key press. So basically if I don't get the mapping right or a new keyboard, I wont be able to play the game properly. :x

BFBC2 didn't come with proper x360 controller mapping as well.
The game is best played on pc with kbd+mouse anyway. Buy a keyboard mate. :)
Logitech ones are cheap and good.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
BFBC2 didn't come with proper x360 controller mapping as well.
The game is best played on pc with kbd+mouse anyway. Buy a keyboard mate. :)
Logitech ones are cheap and good.

Some how I figured out the controls and now I am comfortable with it :) , but in some cases where we require to use a certain key/mouse button combination like jumping out of the train in the first mission requires the actual button/key to be pressed. Looks like I can live with that for the moment :) check this thread for the keyboard problem I had faced

Now to the game.
SP Campaign:
I started playing at about 10.30 PM today on easy. I am currently playing Night Shift , and I guess there is only three more levels to go. . So basically all who warned me were right.. The campaign is extremely short and too easy even for a complete casual gamer like me. One might get a little extra time by playing the highest difficulty level, but still the SP is pretty straight forward. To be frank i'm very disappointed with the SP.

Graphics:
The graphics is very good except for the MSAA issue with ATI cards. I have a MSI 6850 Cyclone, and was playing at 1080p with 4x MSAA, framerates were about 32 FPS Tops, but during explosions framerate totally drops (like 2-3 ) for a couple of seconds, turning MSAA game me much playable framerates. But 1680x1050 with 2xMSAA also gave me playable framerates. Will give correct details tomorrow :)

MP:
I just logged into some random server to test the MP and got into a building spawn point. I came out of the building and I got shot :p, I got 200 points and a "TEAM DEATHMATCH RIBBON" for getting killed LOL. This will be the first time ever I will be playing any kind of MP game :p , feeling as if I am Po from Kung Fu panda, getting his arse kicked during the first test inside the Training Center :lol:. God .. im gonna get killed in the MP a lot!! :(

@All Causal Gamers: if you want a SP game then this is not the game , get something else or watch the walkthrough by IGN.

BTW did you guys get your copies from Flipkart?

More updates tomorrow :).

I got my copy from flipkart allright.

And I too got pawned like a headless chicken during my initial BFBC2 days. I get pawned now in BF3 as well. It takes practice to get used to it and it takes a whole lot more to pawn others. See ya in the battlefield soldier. :)

[Various] Battlefield 3 outrage in Germany - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
Been playing BF3 at high settings (V-sync off) on my rig, getting around 45 FPS.. I am on 10.11 Catalyst. The game doesn't seem to lag at all.. the gameplay is just as good as Black Ops, atleast in Single Player.

Sarath

iDota
Buy Battlefield 3 PC Limited Edition with offers at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

Check the offer

Top Bottom