Battlefield 3 discussion!

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
The game is not using my first accelerator at all. Guess will need to move to 11.9 & CAP 10.0 tomorrow. Uses a whooping 2.2GB of hardware RAM though. Amazing.
Move to Catalyst 11.10 with 11.9 CAP4. :)

ATI Radeonâ„¢ Video Card Drivers

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
This is nuts.. after applying official 11.10 drivers.. the game now resets the overscan setting of the whole desktop. Instead of fixing it.. they made it even worse.

@ithehappy, Sadly.. NO.

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Got my copy yesterday, single player was boring so I switched to multiplayer. Played till 5 am in the morning , and then woke up at 11 am to get ready for work :p

Btw guys, if you want decent low ping servers to play - In the Server browser, search for "Fragnetics" . I get around 70-100 ms ping to them, they're based in Singapore.

Edit : Had a graphical glitch with my GTX 560Ti , there was no ground , almost as if you were walking on a mirror. Updating to the latest drivers fixed it.

And of course, I got pwned relentlessly early on. Camping in this game really spoils the fun. But I love how you get points for providing suppression fire and lots of other tiny extras.

Last edited:

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi guys i got my copy today and totally fedup with the way EA is distributing the game.

Cons

The game need to connect online even after activation for playing single player or campaign mode. Which is totally unacceptable . As single player is independent of Internet.

Second i was pushed to download 500 mb data of update on a newly launched game which i cant skip it even though it was for multiplayer fix and features. As i was trying to launch for single player.

I need to know if i can play with out the browser launch ie offline mode for single player. I dont like this way. What if i had issues with net or people dont have internet for some time period.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
HARDOCP - Image Quality - Battlefield 3 Single Player Performance and IQ Review
*www.hardocp.com/images/articles/1320203990wggDqWGb3l_7_3_l.png

In this comparison, FXAA High is on the left and 4X MSAA is on the right. After viewing the full-size image, most gamers should immediately see how much smoother FXAA looks than MSAA. The lamp-posts are smoother. The buildings are smoother. The archway over the scene is smoother. The edges of the cars on the bottom are smoother. The one thing that looks worse with FXAA than MSAA is the top edge of the weapon sight at the very bottom of the frame.

On the MSAA side, the light posts are jagged. The trees look terrible. There is a large amount of visible aliasing around the cars in the bottom of the frame. The concertina wire in front of the cars looks extremely jagged. Granted, razor wire is supposed to be sharp, but I don't think this is what they had in mind. On the other hand, the weapon sight does look a little nicer with MSAA.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ Thanks for sharing the link :)

BTW MP is darn addictive :p

EDIT: A Indian server is online, ping is about >120 , Just search for India in Battlelog.

Last edited:

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Think I am nearing the end of SP.It is pretty decent but you get the feeling of 'Been there done that'.CoD has set the bar pretty high in that respect.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can't vouch for this, but interested gamers may want to have a look:-

Want To Play Battlefield 3 Without Origin? Do This!

Top Bottom