Battlefield 3 discussion!

sxyadii

Drifting in DIRT 2
Get BF3 Server info - Battlefield 3 Server List | Search Bf3 Stats, Rankings, and Banners - Game Tracker

Davidboon

In the zone
Got my copy right now from letsbuy , its not a steel-case edition though :( , which servers do u all guys play ?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Playing MP, its Excellent!! Played only a couple of maps and all are very good. Caspian Border my favorite :D , I have tried Rush, Conquest and DM. DM is fun, just kill kill kill :D and or getting killed in my case :p

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Just started. How can I adjust each settings in Video? Playing on Ultra but don't wanna keep AA on...
Fantastic game anyway. I am mostly liking the Audio surroundings, its so real :D

OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
Not really happy with the critics and few gamers dissing out the Single Player for being too easy, short and more importantly - being similar to Call of Duty's SP :( .
Played the SP for about an Hour, reached the middle of the second level(Fault Line).
Things that I liked, the graphics(obviously), sound is mind blowing(wish I had a 7.1 setup), huge levels, and the health is kinda low compared to the other military shooters(on Hard difficulty), 4-5 bullets and you're down! :p
Its all Linear for most of the time, and a lot of scripted sequences, which are not bad at all IMO. But it does not force you to a stay in a single place, probably because of the bigger level size.
To sum it up, the most balanced Single Player campaign for a military shooter till now, and will probably remain so, coz mw3 will be the same thing again. Play it on hard, you ll understand what I mean :)

Yet to start the MP(shame on me! :D )

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Really nice game, as I said, I just love the realistic surroundings of audio, especially on War mode. Graphics are great too. Playing on Normal, I'd say its definitely harder than other same category SP shooters out there. Not that much hard on PC. So far I am really impressed.
On the 'Comrade' level now, don't know how long to finish....I hope it's long enough to keep me entertained :)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
BTW . there are 7 Weapons which can be unlocked in CO-OP and once unlocked they will be available in MP,
Time to make new friends... Hello, I'm Charan :D

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Got the Limited Edition pack yesterday.. awesome steel case was also given with it.. Had dinner, wanted to play but the damn 470 MB update was there.. Have been playing SP since this evening.. The story is not that good..

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Finally after having this thing installed on my system over a week, got a chance to click on the icon. Played 10-15 minutes of the SP. Some initial impressions

*The cut scenes are impressive and are integrated within the action.
*The face and character decals are extremely enhanced -- I could see green eye pigment. Which is just amazing.
*The game play is fluid and quite close to real life play.
*Team movement is good and coordinated.
*Weapon recoil is slightly less, and they do not feel that meaty. Though I have not encountered many so early in the game.
*Music is excellent and has a pulse.
*The FB engine really really shines. Buildings are detailed and finite.
*The AI seems watered down, similar to Cry 2 -- but again too early for me to have any commitments here.

The game is not using my first accelerator at all. Guess will need to move to 11.9 & CAP 10.0 tomorrow. Uses a whooping 2.2GB of hardware RAM though. Amazing.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
looks like AMD Catalyst 11.10 is out, and should have fixed the MSAA issues. any one checked it ?

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
if you enable 'high' in 'Graphics Quality', which AA options are chosen by default?

High preset will set PostAA to high and DeferredAA to none.

looks like AMD Catalyst 11.10 is out, and should have fixed the MSAA issues. any one checked it ?

New driver fixes the open beta issues. The game was out last week. So, I guess they fixed the issues and would have submitted it for WHQL. I guess it will take another update to fix the issues with the retail version of the game.. :)

Top Bottom