Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
is MSI P45 Neo - F good for overclocking..???

Yes it's a good board with a host of OCing options. But keep in mind that since it's based on an Intel chipset, there will be the memory divider ratio. I.e, if you OC your proccy, your RAM gets OCed as well. This will restrict your OCing if you're on value RAM. But even value RAM can be OCed to some extent, so you'll be able to get a 10-20% (or more) increment in performance.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
hi guys i need some help to configure a gaming rig.. i've selected some components like

Core 2 Duo 2.53Ghz E7200
3gb ram
500 32mb buffer or 650gb16 mb buffer hdd
coolermaster RC330KKR1 elite 330 black cabinet
corsair 450w powersupply (vx450w)
palit hd 4850

can someone help me in selecting ram i've no idea abt the speed of the ram like the ddr2 or whatever. i m planning to get a 17'' lcd. and is the 4850 creates some kind of glitches while playing games and i'll be watching bluray and hd dvd movies so i'll need a good gpu. thanks..

Go for it!! And there is hardly any difference between 17 and 19 inch so I suggest Dell SE198WFP 19" LCD Monitor. For RAM, look at Transcend DDR2 800MHz 2x2GB.

Ei8t

Journeyman
Go for it!! And there is hardly any difference between 17 and 19 inch so I suggest Dell SE198WFP 19" LCD Monitor. For RAM, look at Transcend DDR2 800MHz 2x2GB.

thanks... but i m still confused abt the gpu... is it ok and shud i go for it.. or should i reconsider???

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
^^^ GPU is fine as long as you maintain a proper cooling setup as default temperature value of stock HD4850 is 80 degree Celsius! On the RAM front I say go for Patriot RAMs, they are in value RAM price bracket but are better then most value RAMs like Kingston or Transcend. A single 2GB 800MHz DDR2 DIMM of Patriot will cost you 1700 bucks only, I too have Patriot RAM, 2x2GB DDR2 800MHz PC-6400 CL5 to be exact and I got it for 3500 bucks!

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
thanks... but i m still confused abt the gpu... is it ok and shud i go for it.. or should i reconsider???

Buy the PALIT HD4850. It's got it's own cooler, and so it runs cooler than other cards with the stock cooler. And make sure you buy a Cooler Master CM690 cabby so your hot gaming rig stays cool. :)

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Well CM690 is not a refrigerator so to get a proper cooling setup you'll have to spend a bit extra on proper quality fans and if wanna OC then better CPU fan setup.

Ei8t

Journeyman
Buy the PALIT HD4850. It's got it's own cooler, and so it runs cooler than other cards with the stock cooler. And make sure you buy a Cooler Master CM690 cabby so your hot gaming rig stays cool. :)

Well CM690 is not a refrigerator so to get a proper cooling setup you'll have to spend a bit extra on proper quality fans and if wanna OC then better CPU fan setup.

thanks guys... but i m on a tight budget so thought of the CM Elite 330 Black cabinet. can i add fans on the side panel to keep the temp low rather than going for another cabinet... thanks..

Ei8t

Journeyman
thanks.. i m planning to fit a fan in the side panel opp to the gpu. and can u tell me is there any problem in the hd4850. coz i dont want to see any glitches during games.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
KPowerMania got banned again! What for this time? Looks like dude is going to make a record for getting banned the number of times. :D Is it permanent or temporary ban? Anyway beta buy, u too check ur language buddy, some mods even take couple of stars too as offensive as clear explicit.

ganeshravi

Broken In
Yes it's a good board with a host of OCing options. But keep in mind that since it's based on an Intel chipset, there will be the memory divider ratio. I.e, if you OC your proccy, your RAM gets OCed as well. This will restrict your OCing if you're on value RAM. But even value RAM can be OCed to some extent, so you'll be able to get a 10-20% (or more) increment in performance.

value ram.... non value ram..... i dont get the difference....:confused:
and what is a ram of 2GB memory that i can buy for around 3.5k which can withstand tat overclocking....

does overclocking require any extra cooling...??? and are liquid cooling available in chennai..??? if available wats the price....

Last edited:

ank_panwar

Broken In
wat does micro atx mean??
i already hav a mobo based on 845g chipset n now m upgrading to a core 2 quad Q6600, mobo as mentioned earlier Intel BOXDG45ID Motherboard or Intel BOXDG35EC Motherboard, 2 gb ram and 250 gb hard drive
i hav a lil tight budget of round Rs 20k

cn u tell me exactly wat r the components that'll need to change apart from the above mentioned ones?? ( such as power supply or cabinet)

imgame2

Padawan
wat does micro atx mean??
i already hav a mobo based on 845g chipset n now m upgrading to a core 2 quad Q6600, mobo as mentioned earlier Intel BOXDG45ID Motherboard or Intel BOXDG35EC Motherboard, 2 gb ram and 250 gb hard drive
i hav a lil tight budget of round Rs 20k

cn u tell me exactly wat r the components that'll need to change apart from the above mentioned ones?? ( such as power supply or cabinet)

micro atx is the size of mobo ..its smaller than other standard ATX mobo ..so u shouldn't worry about as it will fit in an cabinet u have got

i don't understand ur choice of DG35EC mobo ..as i said before go for G45ID since u are going for onboard gfx it has better gfx than DG35EC ..and also G45ID supports PCIex 2.0 if u want to for gfx card in future ...with that G45ID will perform about 7~10% better ...

approx prices

G45ID -6.2k
Q6600~9.8k
RAM-1.5k transcend 800 MHz 2Gb
seagate 250 GB- 2.3k

and since u already have system ..i guess thats pretty much it ...

obviously prices are going higher cos of global economic crisis

ank_panwar

Broken In
thnks man
g45 it is
so i dnt need to change anything else??

any shops in delhi??
i cnt seem to find one

thnks a lot again

Last edited:

imgame2

Padawan
thnks man
g45 it is
so i dnt need to change anything else??

any shops in delhi??
i cnt seem to find one

thnks a lot again

nothing if u mouse,keyboard,monitor,DVDRW are working fine ...

i m not from delhi so can't help u out there ..people from delhi can guide to a good shop @ nehru place in delhi ...

u will need to change ur PSU if u get a gfx card ...till then ur old PSU should be good if its some 400W /450W ..i hope u have one of those and not 250W one ...?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom