Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
well guyz....i have thot of the follwing as a minimum pc config(budget constraint :( )

1.AMD Athlon X2 4600+,2.4ghz,1mb l2------->2700

2.Mobo-
a.nvidia nf6100 based-------------->asus m2n mx se(2300),msi K9N6SGM-V(2225)***found that this chipset supports only one lane over the pci exp16x slot,thats equal to 8x pci ex support...wont it bottleneck the 8600gtg?700 rs isnt much to pay....

b.nvidia 7050/630a---------------->asus M2N-VM DVI(3175),msi K9NGM4 V2(3050)
c.any others?

3.Ram-2*1gb ddr2 800mhz------------------>~2000

4.Grfx-my old xfx 8600gt 256mb gddr3 :D---->0000 :p

5.Cabby/PSU(i have the old one,mayb i shud buy only a new psu,or shud i get a new cabby psu combo? Plz clairfy)---->1500 max

please comment.....

Last edited:

ganeshravi

Broken In
can i get the website link for rc automation?
and wat do u think would the price difference be..??? a couple of 100's or more??

imgame2

Padawan
can i get the website link for rc automation?
and wat do u think would the price difference be..??? a couple of 100's or more??

there is no website for R.C. automation ...dude in india shopping still works in old fashioned way even for computer hardware in chennai..go to the shop ..bargain and buy ..so is the case in Ritchie street ..go to the shops .... look around ask for prices ..bargain and buy ...there is no other simple way than that ..

but there is one website for delta peripherals

*deltapage.com/

and mind u ..it can only give an idea ...rates are fair only for proccy ....RAM prices fluctuate on daily basis..

R.C.Automation doesn't give u any warranty by himself all distributor warranty ..that means if anything happens he will just direct u to service center..

and i really can't tell how much more the prices will be ..but all the computer hardware prices in India are governed by dollar to rupee exchange rates and since it has reached to 49 yesterday against to 42 2-3 weeks ago ...so u can understand it will be costly ...

my guess will be 200-300/- costly on each component or may be more ...

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
@mukherjee- What's your max budget? And are those the only new components you want?

max budget 9.5k(actually i can get 1gb ram now and add another 1gb later)

i jus want a new proccy+mobo+ram....plus an appropriate PSU(to support the newer 24pin mobo+4pin cpu connctors wich my current psu doznt hv)

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
Here goes

Intel E2180
XFX MG63Mi7159 (nVidia 630i chipset)
Transcend 2 GB DDR2 800 Mhz RAM
Antec earthwatts EA430 430W PSU

These may exceed your budget by a few hundreds. And BTW, what's the length of your current gfx card?

imgame2

Padawan

i jus want a new proccy+mobo+ram....plus an appropriate PSU(to support the newer 24pin mobo+4pin cpu connctors wich my current psu doznt hv)

hi doc how are u ?
long time no C ...:(
why buying a new system ..??

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

Intel E2140
ASUS P5 GCMX
1GB DDR2 Transcend 667MHz RAM
CM EP 460W PSU

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Here goes

Intel E2180
XFX MG63Mi7159 (nVidia 630i chipset)
Transcend 2 GB DDR2 800 Mhz RAM
Antec earthwatts EA430 430W PSU

These may exceed your budget by a few hundreds. And BTW, what's the length of your current gfx card?

length?'bout7iches...it shud fit....
btw,that 630i is only single channel ddr....n am not going for xfx or intel...i blv amd provies best value...dont u?

hi doc how are u ?
long time no C ...:(
why buying a new system ..??
i m fine...hw r u bro?
well...we had our durga puja...so was busy pandal hopping....moreover xams r very near :(
actually my other pc died on me...so need a basic rig to keep my bro at hostel happy...he has got work to do!

Intel E2140
ASUS P5 GCMX
1GB DDR2 Transcend 667MHz RAM
CM EP 460W PSU

wat abut my config that i posted?i will stick to amd this time :)

@ mukharjee
u can get AMD X2 4600+ with M2N MX SE PLUS combo for Rs 4600 from nehru place, making ur budget
4600+2000= 6600 for mobo+CPU+RAM.
and the new M2N MX SE is 6150 chipset and support full 16x slot, dont worry about that.

now if u r not going to add any other power hungry graphic card (other thn 8600 GT of urs ) and not into heavy overclocking(cant even be as its AMD) then u should opt for Zebronics cabinet with the default PSU ... u can select any one depending on ur range like :
Zebby Bijli or Antibiotic (costing 1400-200)
Or if u want only PSU(by keeping ur older cabby) then:
GLACIAL STAR GS-500A for Rs 1100 (this will help even if u go for a high end graphic card...if u want proof then check HELLGATE's siggy in this forum or mine)

Last edited:

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
@mukherjee- If you want an AMD rig, go with harryneopotter's advice.
Yeah your card will fit on that mobo, and yes, that board supports only single channel memory. :)-()
But it won't make too much of a difference. The performance gains with dual channel memory are incremental.
Consider it, this board has good OCing power. It can OC this proccy greatly.

circleinsquare

Right off the assembly line
Hi all,
I am looking to upgrade my desktop and hence was trawling the net when I chanced on the forum.Its truly great and you all deserve the greatest of thanks for helping so many of us out here.

I am gifting my current rig (P4 1.8 and very steady and stable) to a relative and hence need a new one. The config decided so far is:
Intel E7200, 2GB RAM, Sapphire HD4850 with Dual Slot HeatSink, MoserBAer DVD RW Drive. I keep my old Seagate 80GB HDD and have some external drives so storage not an issue at all.
But I am confused with :
1)The mobo to buy for this setup, what with connectors and compatibility issues. I understood that I need 1 PCI x16 slot for the HD4850 and at least one IDE slot/cable with the mobo, and it should be 775 socket supporting but thats all I could gather.
My previous motherboard was Asrock and it was a good one. Do they make boards for the C2D processors as well?
2) I was suggested that with a E7200 I should get DDR2 533 MHz RAM. Any reason why cannot use a 667/800 MHz one? I dont seem to find the 533 available.
3)Would a 450W power supply be enough for this setup? I am into games and I play quite a bit, but I am not into OCing, so power consumption is scaled down.
4) A good cabinet for this setup as well, because I read up that with Graphics cards Heat is an important issue and I should have a well ventilated case.
5) I am inclined towards a LCD monitor;), would a 17" be ok or 19"? And should I opt for ViewSonic/Samsung/LG?
6) The question of budget remains as well. I can see my budget stretching towards 25k, but I need to try and keep it as close as 20k as possible.

Its been around 4 years that I have looked around to set up a system and the process has become very complex and confusing in between. Plus, my last rig had onboard graphics, so was more or less unaware of the choices/issues with graphics. If you all could suggest me on the components with prices, it would be very nice.

P.S. I would be setting up this in Kolkata, so if that gives me a price advantage/disadvantage, please inform on that as well.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
First of all, you can't have an HD4850 in your setup for that budget, considering that you want so many other components. So keeping a budget of 20K in mind, here goes. Note that you can extend your budget and go for something much better.

Intel E4500
MSI P35 Neo F
Kingston 1 GB DDR2 667 Mhz
Lite On LH201AP DVD drive
PALIT 9600GT
Mercury cabinet + 500W PSU

This will leave you to buy an entry level monitor, or use your existing one.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Hi all,
I am looking to upgrade my desktop and hence was trawling the net when I chanced on the forum.Its truly great and you all deserve the greatest of thanks for helping so many of us out here.

I am gifting my current rig (P4 1.8 and very steady and stable) to a relative and hence need a new one. The config decided so far is:
Intel E7200, 2GB RAM, Sapphire HD4850 with Dual Slot HeatSink, MoserBAer DVD RW Drive. I keep my old Seagate 80GB HDD and have some external drives so storage not an issue at all.
But I am confused with :
1)The mobo to buy for this setup, what with connectors and compatibility issues. I understood that I need 1 PCI x16 slot for the HD4850 and at least one IDE slot/cable with the mobo, and it should be 775 socket supporting but thats all I could gather.
My previous motherboard was Asrock and it was a good one. Do they make boards for the C2D processors as well?
2) I was suggested that with a E7200 I should get DDR2 533 MHz RAM. Any reason why cannot use a 667/800 MHz one? I dont seem to find the 533 available.
3)Would a 450W power supply be enough for this setup? I am into games and I play quite a bit, but I am not into OCing, so power consumption is scaled down.
4) A good cabinet for this setup as well, because I read up that with Graphics cards Heat is an important issue and I should have a well ventilated case.
5) I am inclined towards a LCD monitor;), would a 17" be ok or 19"? And should I opt for ViewSonic/Samsung/LG?
6) The question of budget remains as well. I can see my budget stretching towards 25k, but I need to try and keep it as close as 20k as possible.

Its been around 4 years that I have looked around to set up a system and the process has become very complex and confusing in between. Plus, my last rig had onboard graphics, so was more or less unaware of the choices/issues with graphics. If you all could suggest me on the components with prices, it would be very nice.

P.S. I would be setting up this in Kolkata, so if that gives me a price advantage/disadvantage, please inform on that as well.

You can try :-

Intel Core 2 Duo E7200
XFX 630i (this is a good budget mobo but dznt support Dual Channel RAM.... but trust me, the performance increment is hardly 5-7% in dual channel so leave it and buy this mobo.)
1x2GB DDR2 Transcend 667MHz RAM
Palit HD4850
Dell SE198WFP 19" Monitor
Cooler Master Elite 330 Cabinet + CM EP460W

ganeshravi

Broken In
hey guys.... i came across this board... aBit IP35-E.... how is this board...??? is it good for its price..??? its around 6k....

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Abit is an EOL (end of life) company and manufactures no more. It will be hard time finding support, etc.

When it was active, IP35-E was the de-facto mobo here !!

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
@ mukharjee
u can get AMD X2 4600+ with M2N MX SE PLUS combo for Rs 4600 from nehru place, making ur budget
4600+2000= 6600 for mobo+CPU+RAM.
and the new M2N MX SE is 6150 chipset and support full 16x slot, dont worry about that.

now if u r not going to add any other power hungry graphic card (other thn 8600 GT of urs ) and not into heavy overclocking(cant even be as its AMD) then u should opt for Zebronics cabinet with the default PSU ... u can select any one depending on ur range like :
Zebby Bijli or Antibiotic (costing 1400-200)
Or if u want only PSU(by keeping ur older cabby) then:
GLACIAL STAR GS-500A for Rs 1100 (this will help even if u go for a high end graphic card...if u want proof then check HELLGATE's siggy in this forum or mine)

actually,can i get a link of the mobo u r talking abt....nowhere can i find a 6150... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.