Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Like we saw 9800Gt in SLi mode in the form 9800GTX2, is 8800GT available in the same mode? I will also be upgrading my system soon and since my screen can support max res of 1360x768 only can you suggest me a card(or 2 in SLi) that can play even future games like Alan Wake in above mentioned resolutions without any noticeable frame drop?
Can we expect drop in 790i's rate by this December? :confused:
I say December cause in December, hopefully I'll be upgrading my

1. Processor : E6300(Currently) Upgrade-???
  2. Mobo: Asus P5LD2 VM SE(945G) Upgrade-???
  3. RAM: Kingston 2x1GB DDR2 667 MHz(Current) Upgrade- 2x2GB DDR2 800MHz or 2x1GB DDR3
  4. GPU: Asus EN7600GT(256MB DDR3) Upgrade-???
  5. PSU: Frontech 350W (Current) Upgrade- Corsair HX620 or a 750W (gonna import one) ;)
HDD I've one 400GB one and other 160GB one, speakers I've T6060, got 'em for 4K back in Feb.2007
Give a glance to this also my friends

guys Check this GPU out :p
*priceguru.in/archives/new-hardware/1990#more-1990
Also can anybody illustrate me on the Intel's Extreme Processors, Cost, Performance, Models? :confused:

Last edited:

anshulkumar

Right off the assembly line
I am Planning to build a new PC but i m little bit confussesd with processor , motherboard, and ram. i m 3D designer and animator i want to build a system according to animation n fast rendeing so plz suggest me wat config i should buy. I m thinkink for the AMD System .. plz do suggest me the correct option

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^^

Please state your budget :)

@W i d e S c r e e N

I dont think that motherboard life is over !! Some time you know, simply a screw which is not properly tighten with the cabinet can shake the HDD while its spinning and that can generate this type of sound,

also few of our segeate HDD 250g / 160g is bit noisy but still there is not performance issue with them..

the random freezing now rarely occurs

can u tell us how the 1st problem of noice was solved !! ??

Ashok Verma

Journeyman
^^I doubt you could fit everything in that budget. How about switching to AMD Triple Core and 780G ?

i would like to buy intel CPU preferably C2Q Quad-core and MOBO either an intel chipset or nVidea chipset from ASUS. don't worry about budget as i can add some more bucks (up to 30k)

anyone please suggest a good Combo within two or three days.

also suggest a good Mono laser printer. but i'm thinking to buy a MFD (fax not req.)
with decent printing quality and scan resolution.

also give the prices if possible.

niravjadwani

Amatur Modder
Hi..

Nice thread. And pretty good responses too....

Now, I want to setup my office with two working pcs, one for accounting, and one for internet and documentation stuff.

I am trying to get only one full pc, and running two different systems for different purpose. Is this possible? I heard of some server client thing, but as I am not sure whether it works, I am here for your opinion.

Tell me, is it possible to run two different and working pc terminals, with just one pc?
(Earlier I asked in questions forum, but was moved here. However, can't find what I am looking for.)

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Now, I want to setup my office with two working pcs, one for accounting, and one for internet and documentation stuff.

Please specify your budget !!!

I am trying to get only one full pc, and running two different systems for different purpose. Is this possible? I heard of some server client thing, but as I am not sure whether it works, I am here for your opinion.

Tell me, is it possible to run two different and working pc terminals, with just one pc?
(Earlier I asked in questions forum, but was moved here. However, can't find what I am looking for.)

This is what you are looking for I suppose ??

*www.elecomsystems.com/showpages.asp?pid=1006

In compare to Indian availability and price, one can get a Second hand system :lol: cheaper

subodhpatil

Broken In
Help Buying New System

Hi All

Please have your comment on this
Budget : 60K-75K

Processor

Intel Q9450 (2.66 Ghz 12MB Cache 1333Mhz.) (or latest available)

Motherboard + Graphics card

1. Asus Striker Edition (NVIDIA nForce� 780i SLI Chip) + GEforce9600 (or 8800) OR

2. Asus Maximus Formulla II (Intel P45) + ATI Radeon™ HD 4850

RAM

DDR II : 2GB (800Mhz) [or 2GB (1066Mhz) if not too costly]

SMPS :

Tagaz BZ 700. (Or cooler master)

Cabinet

CoolerMaster CM690

Harddisk :

1. Westarn Digital / Segate 500GB (32MB buffer)
OR
2. Westarn Digital / Segate Two 350 GB in RAID 0

DVD Writer

Samsung 22x/20x SATA

Monitor

1. Dell e228wfp
OR
2. Samsung 22 '' 2243NWX
OR
3. Samsung LTM220M1

KeyBoard Mouse

1. Logitech Cordless Keyboard + Mouse Set Ex90

Speaker

Logitech G51 OR Logtech Z5500..

Printer

MFD (Laser) from Samsung
OR
MFD (Inject) from HP

Last edited:

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
Hi All

Please have your comment on this

Processor

Intel Q9450 (2.66 Ghz 12MB Cache 1333Mhz.) (or latest available)

Motherboard + Graphics card

1. Asus Striker Edition (NVIDIA nForce� 780i SLI Chip) + GEforce9600 (or 8800)

2. Asus Maximus Formulla II (Intel P45) + ATI Radeon™ HD 4850

RAM

DDR II : 2GB (800Mhz) [or 2GB (1066Mhz) if not too costly]

SMPS :

Tagaz BZ 700. (Or cooler master)

Cabinet

CoolerMaster CM690

Harddisk :

1. Westarn Digital / Segate 500GB (32MB buffer)

2. Westarn Digital / Segate Two 350 GB in RAID 0

DVD Writer

Samsung 22x/20x SATA

Monitor

1. Dell e228wfp

2. Samsung 22 '' 2243NWX

3. Samsung LTM220M1

KeyBoard Mouse

1. Logitech Cordless Keyboard + Mouse Set Ex90

Speaker

Logitech G51

Printer

MFD (Laser) from Samsung

MFD (Inject) from HP

Q6600 + thermalright120e
MSI P7N SLi platinum/MSI P45 Platinum,in case of crossfire
Gskill 4gbpq
Wd 640gb hard drive
dell 24"
Corsair 620HX
Apc Sua 750i
Hp printer
cooler master 690
Palit HD4850

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^

Try to avoid the 65nm in case of new purchase :)

*www.chotocheeta.com/2008/06/18/difference-between-45nm-core-2-duo-quad-and-65nm-core-2-duo-quad/

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
yea i keep visiting ur website.good article.but actually 45nm quads are good on the paper only.i'm not counting the extreme ones.but if u practically compare these with oc'ing and their performance in quad compatible apps,their performance is almost the same.q6600 easily oc's well and is the best vfm +performance processor till now.upcoming 45nm quads would be good but they ain't coming soon.

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
@Choto Cheeta,
I thought it was solved when I installed a RAID driver missing from the system. Till now the clicking noise from the HDD has lessened, in occurrence. I'm praying it stays that way.

BTW, isnt that noise a signal to get the HDD replaced?

Last edited:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
@Choto Cheeta,
I thought it was solved when I installed a RAID driver missing from the system. Till now the clicking noise from the HDD has lessened, in occurrence. I'm praying it stays that way.

BTW, isnt that noise a signal to get the HDD replaced?
Check S.M.A.R.T for HDD health.
see if Threshold Exceeds, if yes then Time for RMA

Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology (SMART)

In an effort to help users avoid data loss, drive manufacturers are now incorporating logic into their drives that acts as an "early warning system" for pending drive problems. This system is called Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology or SMART. The hard disk's integrated controller works with various sensors to monitor various aspects of the drive's performance, determines from this information if the drive is behaving normally or not, and makes available status information to software that probes the drive and look at it.
*www.seagate.com/support/kb/disc/smart.html

arijit4india

Right off the assembly line
I am looking for to purchase the internals of a computer (i.e. Motherboard, Processor, RAM, PSU, Graphics Card and HDD) with a budget around 20k. Here is what I have thought of so far...

1. Motherboard: Won't do massive overclocking and since I will be buying a Graphics Card onboard Graphics is really not needed.

2. Processor: I will prefer Intel but can do with AMD, Standard Core 2 Duo (I think the 8xxx series is what is sellig nowadays) or Athlon X2 would do.

3.Graphics Card: I am leaning towards a 9600GSO Graphics card here... but if I can't get it in the budget, is there something between the price/performance range of 8600 GT and 9600GSO? And also what are the decent 8600GT options other than the obvious Electric Stove or Mercury?

4.HDD: Yeah any basic 250 GB+ SATA HDD would do, Seagate, Samsung or WD.

5.PSU: I gather that with my specs 500W is recommended here, I am not looking for Extreme Performance Solutions but definitely el cheapo el crappo I-Ball won't do here, what are the price ranges of VIP,Zebby or CM PSU-s of 500W here?

6.RAM: 2GB Ram- Transcend or something quality that costs around 2k.

Now I am basically confused about the MoBo and Processor choice- both Intel's xxxx and AMD's X2 range confuses me- and I have little idea of presently available P35 ranged motherboards, (is MSI's Neo still available), let alone their prices. Help would be appreciated

I am looking for to purchase the internals of a computer (i.e. Motherboard, Processor, RAM, PSU, Graphics Card and HDD) with a budget around 20k. Here is what I have thought of so far...

1. Motherboard: Won't do massive overclocking and since I will be buying a Graphics Card onboard Graphics is really not needed.

2. Processor: I will prefer Intel but can do with AMD, Standard Core 2 Duo (I think the 8xxx series is what is sellig nowadays) or Athlon X2 would do.

3.Graphics Card: I am leaning towards a 9600GSO Graphics card here... but if I can't get it in the budget, is there something between the price/performance range of 8600 GT and 9600GSO? And also what are the decent 8600GT options other than the obvious Electric Stove or Mercury?

4.HDD: Yeah any basic 250 GB+ SATA HDD would do, Seagate, Samsung or WD.

5.PSU: I gather that with my specs 500W is recommended here, I am not looking for Extreme Performance Solutions but definitely el cheapo el crappo I-Ball won't do here, what are the price ranges of VIP,Zebby or CM PSU-s of 500W here?

6.RAM: 2GB Ram- Transcend or something quality that costs around 2k.

Now I am basically confused about the MoBo and Processor choice- both Intel's xxxx and AMD's X2 range confuses me- and I have little idea of presently available P35 ranged motherboards, (is MSI's Neo still available), let alone their prices. Help would be appreciated
I recommend this combination:

AMD 780G Motherboard
AMD Phenom X3 8450 Processor
ATI Radeon HD3650 - USE IN HYBRID CROSSFIRE MODE
Transcend Value RAM DDR2 800MHz 1+1 Combo

thetillian

The Revolutionary
Suggest price for an old P4 pc

I had an 3 years old PC with the below configuration, please suggest a price for it, i wanted to sell it and buy a new one

Configuration:

Processor: Intel P4 2.66GHZ with extended 64-bit technology
Motherboard: ECS-P4M800PRO-M (V1.0A) (FSB:1066)
RAM: 768 MB DDR
DVD Writer: ASUS DRW-1814BLT with light scribe
Monitor: 17" CRT
Keyboard & Mouse: HCL wirless keyboard & mouse
Speakers: Altech Lansing ATP3
Other Accessories: 56k Modem
TV Tuner Card
1.44" Floppy Drive

Night-Rider

Journeyman
I have decided to go for the upgrade. I don't know how much longer will i have to wait for the price cut. :( It may take an year.
So i have 2 configurations in mind

CPU - Core2Duo E7200 Rs.5900/-
MOBO - ABIT IP35-E Rs.5350/-
GPU - EVGA 9600GT SC Rs.9200/-
PSU - CM Extreme Power 500W Rs.2650/-
RAM - 2GB 800MHz Rs.1950/-
Total= Rs.25,050/-

OR
CPU - Core2Duo E8200 Rs.7800/-
MOBO - ABIT IP35-E Rs.5350/-
GPU - Palit 9600GSO-Sonic Rs.6500/-
PSU - CM Extreme Power 500W Rs.2650/-
RAM - 2GB 800MHz Rs.1950/-
Total= Rs.24,250/-
Which one shall i go for?

rk

Broken In
i am planning to buy a new hp desktop,
so i want to know as many assemblers give discount after bargain,
so does hp shops also give some discount after bargain,or their price is strictly fixed,
thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom