Not open for further replies.

tmbsundar

Broken In
Hi

Which is the best 690G motherboard?

I have come across reviews/ recommendations on

1) Asus M2A-VM - Safe recommendation by many people for a VFM build
2) GA-MA69G-S2H - seems to be good
3) Biostar TA690G AM2 - I like this board better because this has a bit of OCing capabilities (I may not oC since I am building for someone else) and uses solid capacitors around the Power circuit

Also MSI K9AGM2- FIH - (this I see now with 780 G in theie web site), Jetway 690G board (somwhow I have been getting feedback that Jetway is not reliable and RMA is bad)

Also, there's a 690V based mobo called GA-MA69VM-S2 - Is it any good?

Can you please advice on

a) which is best among the 690G lot?
b) Is Biostar available in India and what are the prices for these boards - I think GA will be expensive - Asus was 3425 from ITwares.

I am looking for a budget build for someone else, hence reliability is important.

If anyone knows availability situation Bangalore it would help...Thanks a lot in advance...

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
who has the authority to MOVE the Threads we create!!:mad:

Hello Mr. Ashok,

Please note members are not get paid to offer your solutions, this is a place where people participate after taking time off from their daily work / study...

While you ask a question in a Open Discussion board, you are expected to have a little patience.. Also there is a first post having some details about what to expect in a 25k PC did you give it a read ??

Not at all getting good response here. :-(

Anyway Sorry to disappoint u with our (or rather my) Lack of knowledge !!!

thank you,

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
We are not paid to answers questions here, when we do its by our own will.
so you can *request* for information & help but can't force anyone to answer.

Hope you understand:)

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
i am planning to buy a new hp desktop,
so i want to know as many assemblers give discount after bargain,
so does hp shops also give some discount after bargain,or their price is strictly fixed,
thx

Price is never fixed :lol: so bargain as much as possible :lol:

@subodhpatil

I have already suggested you a config,

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=877666&postcount=3578

is there any problem with that one ??

i am planning to buy a new hp desktop,
so i want to know as many assemblers give discount after bargain,
so does hp shops also give some discount after bargain,or their price is strictly fixed,
thx

prices are never fixed so bargain as much as you can :D

@arijit4india

I agree with this bellow comment,

MetalHead said:
I recommend this combination:

AMD 780G Motherboard
AMD Phenom X3 8450 Processor
ATI Radeon HD3650 - USE IN HYBRID CROSSFIRE MODE
Transcend Value RAM DDR2 800MHz 1+1 Combo

However I would add say get these bellow if you are in real need of a system

AMD Phenom X3 8450 @ Rs. 5500 /- + VAT
GigaByte GA-MA78GM-S2H (AMD 780G) @ Rs. 4400 /- + VAT
2 GB DDR-II 667 MHz (Transend / Kingstone) @ Rs. 1850 /- + VAT
250 GB SATA-II @ Rs. 2200 /- + VAT

TAX @ 4% 558 /-
Total Rs. 14508 /-

And run onboard for few days / week or month tiul u can add another 5k to that budget to obtain a HD 4850 which is now retailing at Rs. 12k, more stock in next month of so should bring the price down to 10.5k (around)

also about confusing processor numbers, read this,

*www.chotocheeta.com/2008/06/18/difference-between-45nm-core-2-duo-quad-and-65nm-core-2-duo-quad/

Last edited:
I had an 3 years old PC with the below configuration, please suggest a price for it, i wanted to sell it and buy a new one

Configuration:

Processor: Intel P4 2.66GHZ with extended 64-bit technology
Motherboard: ECS-P4M800PRO-M (V1.0A) (FSB:1066)
RAM: 768 MB DDR
DVD Writer: ASUS DRW-1814BLT with light scribe
Monitor: 17" CRT
Keyboard & Mouse: HCL wirless keyboard & mouse
Speakers: Altech Lansing ATP3
Other Accessories: 56k Modem
TV Tuner Card
1.44" Floppy Drive
Keep the TV Tuner, DVD Writer and Keyboard/Mouse if they are not damaged.
You may also keep the Floppy Drive and Speakers. And perhaps modem.

Remaining may fetch ~3.6K minus monitor. Monitor around 2K.
Why do you want a 690g when 780g is out?
I had the same question.
The mods have the authority. They exercised it because you didn't post the question in the right place.
Price is never fixed :lol: so bargain as much as possible :lol:

is there any However I would add say get these bellow if you are in real need of a system

TAX @ 4% 558 /-
Total Rs. 14508 /-

And run onboard for few days / week or month tiul u can add another 5k to that budget to obtain a HD 4850 which is now retailing at Rs. 12k, more stock in next month of so should bring the price down to 10.5k (around)
How about Bargaining Tips ? :p

Anyway, Don't you think HD3650 plus HD3200 in hybrid crossfire would give 9600GSO like performance ? That plus the power saving would make it a better option than HD4850 for non gamers IMO. Please comment.

i would like to buy intel CPU preferably C2Q Quad-core and MOBO either an intel chipset or nVidea chipset from ASUS. don't worry about budget as i can add some more bucks (up to 30k)

anyone please suggest a good Combo within two or three days.

also suggest a good Mono laser printer. but i'm thinking to buy a MFD (fax not req.)
with decent printing quality and scan resolution.

also give the prices if possible.
C2Q E9450
ABit OR ASUS P35 motherboard
Mono Laser ? There was a thread around recently. I think Samsung or HP has one below 5K.

Last edited:

Night-Rider

Journeyman
^The first one is fine except for the gpu.it should be Ati 4850 .and if u can spend around 1.5k on a cooler,do it.
But i have a budget of 25k only. Not above that. Can u suggest me an alternative that i buy some parts now and buy the GPU next month when prices plummet? I won't have the time to assemble the PC in august. So i wanted to purchase it now. Installing a GPU doesn't require any time so i can plug it in later in August.:rolleyes:

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
^ then get a 2nd hand card like 6200 for 1000-1200 depending upon its condition and sell it later in august for around 800-900 bucks when you buy a new one.

Abit IP35 does not have onboard gfx so u have to buy a card.and u cant compromise on the mobo if u want good performance.

tmbsundar

Broken In
Why do you want a 690g when 780g is out?

I am on a tight budget @18K - building for someone else

He will use this primarily as an office PC, also this will double up to watch movies, listen to songs and play some basic games - at the max. 2-D games - no 3-D games...

Night-Rider

Journeyman
^ then get a 2nd hand card like 6200 for 1000-1200 depending upon its condition and sell it later in august for around 800-900 bucks when you buy a new one.

Abit IP35 does not have onboard gfx so u have to buy a card.and u cant compromise on the mobo if u want good performance.
Thats a better idea but do u think there's a possiblity that the price of HD4850 come down form 11.5k? If yes then how much?

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Check out the AMD X3 Benchmarks Here at TechSpot.

In Few Tests X2 5200 > X3 8450
In Most tests X2 5200 = X3 8450
In Few Tests X2 < X3 8450

They finally conclude
TechSpot Review said:
But possibly the biggest threat to the Phenom X3 8650 is AMD's own 3.2GHz Athlon 64 X2 6400+ ($160), which we imagine could punish the new triple-core processor given how the Athlon64 X2 5200+ performed.

So X2 5600 Should be Better then X3 8540 Right ??

Biggest disappointment and I can't believe AMD X3 Take soo much to perform Memory Write operation. X2 Pwns then by a heavy margin.

Also
TechSpot Review said:
On that note, with the current pricing structure of the Athlon64 X2 series, you have to wonder how many users slugging it out on the AM2 platform are going to view the Phenom X3 as a worthy upgrade. Finally, the Phenom X3 8450 which sports a 2.10GHz clock speed, really struggled to stand aside of the Athlon64 X2 5200+ which is a mere $100 a piece versus the triple-core's $135.

Last edited:
OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^^

Some thing fishy about that, i mean they are capable enough to obtain all those processors but didnt buy a AMD Athlon X2 6400 FX which according to them would perform far better than X3 lowest range 8450 ?? Why they stopped at 5200 only !!! ??

Also those area where it looks the X3 8450 is behind than X2 5200 is seems, influenced mostly by raw processor speed where a E8500 would outperform 9300 / 9450 also...

But that doesnt mean that E8500 is a better processor than Q9450

But simply where it is processor which counts, here is the result :D

*www.techspot.com/articles-info/95/bench/Everest_02.png

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
@Choto Cheeta
can you post comparisons of INTEL's E7200,E8200,E8400 & Q6600 with AMD's X3 & X4 Line-up.

and why should user buying inte's proccy mentined above look at AMD, any reasons?
price? performance? or any other feature ?

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
ok i got your idea. Thanks.
Isn't the over all performance under a given setup that matters ?

Anyway i read it once again. X3 seems better.
The memory bandwidth is weak all in X3 due the damaged 4th core.

I hope Linux/Unix have no problems with X3.

I am on a tight budget @18K - building for someone else

He will use this primarily as an office PC, also this will double up to watch movies, listen to songs and play some basic games - at the max. 2-D games - no 3-D games...
Then why are you getting higher end 690G mobos ? You should instead be looking at Jetway 690G for 2.5K. For future reference, Gigabyte 780G costs Rs. 4,400/-.

And for use as an Office PC with 2D games, I better recommend Sempron 2.0GHz LE for 1.6K along with VIA Motherboard for 1.6K and 512MB of DDR2 667MHz RAM. :lol:

^^^^

Some thing fishy about that, i mean they are capable enough to obtain all those processors but didnt buy a AMD Athlon X2 6400 FX which according to them would perform far better than X3 lowest range 8450 ?? Why they stopped at 5200 only !!! ??

Also those area where it looks the X3 8450 is behind than X2 5200 is seems, influenced mostly by raw processor speed where a E8500 would outperform 9300 / 9450 also...

But that doesnt mean that E8500 is a better processor than Q9450

But simply where it is processor which counts, here is the result :D

*www.techspot.com/articles-info/95/bench/Everest_02.png
Hey choto, don't you think more cores would mean better virtualisation potential ? And more simultaneous multi threading performance ? Wouldn't this mean that if he is writing a DVD, ripping another DVD, listening to songs, Playing some basic 3D game like Unreal Tournament 2004 and browsing the web at the same time, 4 cores would beat the crap out of 2 ?
Wat wud be beat config in 15K for casual gaming
and later i would add a gfx card as well
I need amd config
The usual choto cheeta recommended AMD Phenom config which has *STILL* not been edited into the first page:

TAX @ 4% 558 /-
Total Rs. 14508 /-

Just get DDR2 800MHz RAM instead of 667 MHz. It costs the same Rs. 1.8K elsewhere. I guess DDR2 800 is costly in Kolkata. :(
ok i got your idea. Thanks.
Isn't the over all performance under a given setup that matters ?

Anyway i read it once again. X3 seems better.
The memory bandwidth is weak all in X3 due the damaged 4th core.

I hope Linux/Unix have no problems with X3.
I don't know much about the memory bandwidth results, but I think the X3 has no 4th core.

Linux has NO problem with Three Cores in X3.

Unix was not designed to run on multiple cores and is too old and obsolete to be of intrest to anyone here, but its implementation called Sun Solaris is a free OS which exists and can run on even 8 Core Sun Ultra SPARC processor. I think it too is fully compatible.

Last edited:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
My upgrade time has finally come. Tomorrow going to SP raod.

Guys please outline a rig for 27k !! 27k+12% VAT = 30k !!

Am probably going with GigaByte GA-MA78GM-S2H (AMD 780G) + Cheapest of AMD 5600,6000,8450.

19inch monitor which one ??
Am no gamer. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom