Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

visvo

Journeyman
Hi ! Am planning to buy a new pc and it will be used for bit gaming and programming and the config that i got from the Local vendor is as follows

Processor : AMD Core2duo 4400 ( This is what a reseller from pune told me, dont know whether amd has any such name or not )

Motherboard: Asus M2MNX

HDD : 160GB

Cabinet: ATX

Monitor: 17" CRT LG

RAM: 2GB DDR2

LG DVD Writer

Altec 2.1 Speakers

Logitech Multimedia Keyboard & Optical Mouse

Budget for the PC is Going to 22K,

I Want to know whether the config given to me by the vendor is good enough or can u suggest me a good combination with similar budget.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@visvo
first there is NO CORE2DUO from AMD.
Its AMD Athlon X2 4400+ @ 2.3Ghz
And the mobo is M2N MX
And the config for 22k is really bullsh1t.
Here goes da individual prices:
4400+ :3.6k
M2NMX: 2.7k
160 sata2: 2.1k
17" CRT LG Pureflat: 5.5k
2GB DDR2: 1.8k
LG DVDRW: 1.2k
Altec 2.1: 121i: 1.1k or it might be Altec 2.1 ATP3: 2.6k
Logitech MM KB nd Mouse: .7k
-----------------------------------------------------------
A better idea is to get 1GB DDR2 and put that amount to get an gud Gcard like 8600GT for 5.5k
So 17k+5.5k= 22.5
And X2 4200+@2.2Ghz is not that diff from a 4400+@2.3Ghz but 4200+ comes for 3k.
So u can save another 600 bucks nd get that 8600

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
Choto Cheeta said:
comes with Nvidia 6150... so if you have this board then no need to buy 8400 GS... it is not a value for money when you are thinking replacing your on board nvidia 6150 with it...

sorry the mobo is this one...*www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=15&l3=231&l4=0&model=768&modelmenu=1

So u are saying that with onboard Nvidia 6100 ,8400GS will be just a waste of money...

So which one he can go for....btw he won't be able to buy 8600GT ...(less budget)

Last edited:

surajramnani2k8

Journeyman
hey my budget has just increased to 35k and i need a pc that is mobo,ram,processor,graphics card,hard disk and cabinet..it should be vista supported and used for gaming ill be going this saturday to buy so pls suggest if i can get something better as my budget was 30k earlier..

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
@choto

i am postponding my shopping for at least one month. thts becoz the 780I Sli is out and i dont wanna get 680i.
the 780i is still not available in the other online stores except yantraonline. the price is way toooooooooooooooo hogh. lets see whts the price in other sites. Can u provide me with the rashi telephone no.?? I had it previously but I hv lost it as I changed my cell.

@monkey
the EVGA 780I SLI for 25 K - thts total crap. I know there s no way to get EVGA products in India except yantraonline. Hence i ll wait for XFX / MSI 780I SLI.

@pathiks

I saw in Techtree Forums that 8800GTS 512 MB is retailing at Rs 19,999 /-
in India.

monkey

Padawan
@Bullzi: I think I know why yantraonline.in is charging so high...look at the various sites (like newegg.com) and you will find EVGA 780i SLI to be costing way higher than Asus Striker Extreme. Since Asus SE itself costs 19k+ in India the price of EVGA 780i SLI will be higher too...in-fact newegg.com is charging higher than the recommended price of $260 asked by EVGA's website itself. The reason I think is the product shortage...

Also please let me know which manufacturer has launched 8800GTS 512MB card in India?

Jags

Journeyman
piyush1989kap said:
My friend...you can go for P35 chipset if you want DDR3 support but that mobo will be costly too.(8k around)
P35 is nothing but G33+DDr3 support and slightly better CPU support.
Gigabyte is a good choice but i recommend you intel original or you should g for asus .But that will be costly again.
So best choice is intel DG33FB or XFX 650i ultra mobo.
But warranty wise gigabyte or intel is the best and asus too.

The authorised dealer for gigabyte,asus,transcend and amd etc
none other than SMC INTERNATIONAL ,nehru place.

I recently bought a new system 1000/- less than computer empire.

take into notice ...GIGABYTE comes into account when someone wants to buy intel latest chipset mobo at cheap prices.
But if you want rock solid performance take asus.
Intel gives performance between these 2.

I hope you have understand .
thanx for the reply
so based on what u have told me, buying a p35 today means high price and future-proof
so il just skip p35 chipsets..but i am kind of "detemined" to buy the mobo that digit recommends
so il stick to the gigabyte mobo..but my concern for an authorised dealer both for transcend and gigabyte still reamins.. :(
do you have the contact no. of that shop ??

ace

Broken In
hii

i want 2 buy a new pc , budget is around 35k only.....

plz giv me prices 4 all these
proc:- intel c2d E6750 /e6850
mobo:- gigabyte ga-p35-ds3 / msi p965 platinum
ram:- 2* 1gb 800 ram (which brand?)
graphics card:- geforce 8600gt 256mb based....
hdd:- 320gb sata2 seagate/wd
dvd rw :- liteon....
cabinet & psu...
mouse / keyboard...
creative inspire 2.1 speakers...

plz add/modify my current config for a gud system in my budget....
ill use it 4 casual gaming also....
plz giv me prices in mumbai.... also if u can giv me names of dealers in lamington rd with phone no.....
plz remember i hav a budget of only 35K...

thnx 4 ur help

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
monkey said:
@Bullzi: I think I know why yantraonline.in is charging so high...look at the various sites (like newegg.com) and you will find EVGA 780i SLI to be costing way higher than Asus Striker Extreme. Since Asus SE itself costs 19k+ in India the price of EVGA 780i SLI will be higher too...in-fact newegg.com is charging higher than the recommended price of $260 asked by EVGA's website itself. The reason I think is the product shortage...

Also please let me know which manufacturer has launched 8800GTS 512MB card in India?

The 780i hasn't hit the market yet. And if it already is then also its not worth buying it because it will surely have higher prices.
Wait for a little while and seek for some of the substitutes of the chipset.

Like P5N32E-SLI, almost same as Striker extreme with little but of less features( almost useless).

Every brand will have the 512 MB Edition of 8800 GTS but XFX should be the first one to launch in INDIA.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@ace

Hello and welcome to the forum...

with 35k my suggestion is bellow config... :)

Intel Q6600 @ Rs. 10500 /- + TAX
Abit IP35-E @ Rs. 5800 /- + TAX
XFX 8600 GT @ Rs. 5500 /- + TAX
2 GB Single Stick 667 MHz Transcend or Kingstone @ Rs. 2200 /- + TAX
250 GB SATA-II 16mb buffer (SAMSUNg / SEGATE / WD) @ Rs. 2600 /- + TAX
DVD RW Liteon @ Rs. 1300 /- + TAX
Any Large local Cabinet with 550 Watts SMPS from ColorSit / PwerSAfe/ Zebronics @ Rs. 2000 /- + TAX
Microsoft Desktop Pro 700 @ Rs. 700 /- + TAX
Creative 2.1 @ Rs. 1000 /- + TAX
UPS Local Brand @ Rs. 1400 /- + TAX

TAX @ 4% VAT Rs. 1320 /-
Total Rs. 34320 /-

ace

Broken In
@choto

thnx 4 ur quick reply...

abt hdd i want min 320gb...plz tell me if wd or seagate is gud ....

also is abit mobo gud? can we oc it???
digit gave gold to gigabyte...

also wht abt the dvd-rw sata drives like liteon 20x ... r they gud in performance and cost?......

plz also guide me 2 a gud dealer/shop in mumbai....

this will be the first time tht ill myself assemble the pc.

thnx...

piyush1989kap

Broken In
Hey SMC international number is
Ph 91-011-26293001/2,26220546
You shld contact directly raman chouldhary:-raman chowdhary 9212529160.

Yar mere gigabyte sirf SMC hi deta hai or koi dealer gigabyte rakhta hi nahi...
thts not becuse gigabyte is bad or something.Because asus and intel original have taken over the market.
But i ll tell you that gigabyte new intel G motherboards have ultra durable 2.
So you can expect them working for years to come.
I would highly recommend you gigabyte because i have reviewed lot of gigabyte mobos.

Can u tell me that this digit magazine publishes latest hardware rates?
And does they recommend a motherboard or graphics card as you are saying that this is best.

Please tell me in detail because iam thinking of subscribing to digit.

Answer to ACE question.
Go for seagate as warranty support is the best for seagte and performance too good.
Go for gigabyte mobo as i have explained earlier.
Abit is good but gigabyte is better dude.
I dont live in mumbai but i know there is some place called lamington road.

Ya my friend liteon is very good and top othe line dvd writer.Take a sata interface dvd writer .Not IDE remember.
Sony is at par with liteon but sony sata dvd drive is coming in OEM(not box packed).So there is lot panga in sony sata warranty.
Take liteon.

Last edited:

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
^^go for Q6600 , but e6750 has a slight advantage in games, for rest Q6600 is better in multi threaded applications

player2k5

Broken In
zyberboy said:
^^go for Q6600 , but e6750 has a slight advantage in games, for rest Q6600 is better in multi threaded applications
how will the performance difference be i want it mainly for gaming and running vista which one shall i go for 6600 or e6750

ace

Broken In
@ piyush
thnx for ur advice....

i think digit prints the least h/w price it can find in india.... coz i never get stuffs at tht price...
digit generally give the best h/w from the ones it tested as gold & silver.....
they do a lot of tests....

now is there anyone frm mumbai....
i need an exact shop / dealers name....
i visited lamington rd ..... but the prices were higher than digit.

also is there any prob with sata dvd-rw ...i heard it cannot write 2 moserbear dvdrws...

also i wanna know a gud 17" lcd monitor ..
thnx ....

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
monkey said:

I found out today that MSI 8800GTS 512MB OC DDR3 is out in Indian market.
Price 20.1 K.

Link :-

*www.theitwares.com/gfxcards/gfxcards.htm

go4saket

I just came across Acer AL2216W (22" TFT Monitor) @ Rs.13300 including taxes. So, should I go for it or is it a piece of crap.

player2k5

Broken In
zyberboy said:
^^it depends on the resolution ur going to play and gfx card u use. so wts ur monitor resoultion?
resolution will be 1024*768 i guess and i have a samsung crt syncmaster 793s monitor..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom