Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

surajramnani2k8

Journeyman
Choto Cheeta said:
@surajramnani2k8

Config is fine except for the motherboard... as you are buying and grfx card, its pretty foolish to go with Intel Onboard video solutions..

try and find your self XFX 650i ultra which is Rs. 4500/- + VAT in Kolkata... of ABit IP35-E which retails at Kolkata for Rs. 5800/- + VAT !! :) or BIOSTAR P35D2 which is Rs. 4400/- + VAT..

Personally i suggest for XFX solution...

Didnt get the point sir... as far as I know, its not the SMPS which is responsible for system heat related issues....

could u pls tell me what is the reason behind not going in for intel boards is it the cost or performance..one thing is sure im not interested in overlocking if thats y ur suggesting me a different mobo..is it that it will not perform or what exactly and one more thing if i have to go for an intel board which one is the best..?thanks a lot for ur replies really appreciated :)

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Cost and performance and off course OC (even if you dont use the feature :p but still its a option you should keep open)... XFX 650i ultra over all will performe better than DG33BU :D...

otherwise, do try the X2 options.. as one of the main reasons for which Core 2 Duo range is getting all this fuss is the Over Clocking ability :D

surajramnani2k8

Journeyman
Choto Cheeta said:
Cost and performance and off course OC (even if you dont use the feature :p but still its a option you should keep open)... XFX 650i ultra over all will performe better than DG33BU :D...

otherwise, do try the X2 options.. as one of the main reasons for which Core 2 Duo range is getting all this fuss is the Over Clocking ability :D
thanks for ur response but im sorry i didnt get what did u mean by x2 options?

piyush1989kap

Broken In
Hello friends,i want to purchase a new system????????????
Please suggest me a good configuration.?????????
I have monitor and keyboard,mouse.

My budget is rs 20000.

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
My friend....is planning to buy a 8400 GS ...now the problem is that...his mobo is A8N VM and he has 400 W SMPS ....and he is in doubt whether the Gfx card will work on that SMPS ???

plz reply...

Also....suggest..8400 GS will be better or any ATI card in that range would be better ??? Give the model no...please...

If he goes with 8400GS then ....which one will be better...Sparkle,XFX etc...

Is there any 8400GS with DDR3 ???...I just saw one in www.theitwares.com

Last edited:

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
actually the mobo EVGA 780I SLI is retailing at $290-$300 range.
bt the price at yantraonline.in is double @25K.
bt i doubt if there is any other online shop in India that provides with EVGA stuffs:(.
also i saw Phenom Quad Core at yantraonline retailing at 14K.

Jags

Journeyman
hi guys
plz help a confused man!! :(
Want to buy new processor, mob, cabinet, smps and RAM my pc for mid-level gaming and entertainment purpose
I checked out novembr and decmbr issue of digit and narrowed down to these things
proc - intel E6750
mobo - gigabyte g33M S2H
ram - transcend 800mhz 1GB

I need a mobo with HDMI port and onboard graphics
I went to nehru place today just to get an idea and found that E6750 is for Rs 7750 and 1GB transcend 800mhz if Rs1100.
could not find the EXACT model of gigabyte model that digit recommends :(

so plz tell me
1) authorised dealer of gigabte mobo
2) authorised dealer of transcend RAM
3) a decent qualty smps and cabinet

any kind of help wud be great :) ...thanx

monkey

Padawan
BULLZI said:
actually the mobo EVGA 780I SLI is retailing at $290-$300 range.
bt the price at yantraonline.in is double @25K.
bt i doubt if there is any other online shop in India that provides with EVGA stuffs:(.
also i saw Phenom Quad Core at yantraonline retailing at 14K.

I was looking at this too...seems to be expensive MOBO at 25k...
But did u have a look here: *www.yantraonline.in/ProdDetails.asp?ItemCode=578

Does this deal make sense (its 8800GTS 512MB and not 8800GT)?

Also Phenom Quad is retailing for 12.9k at yantraonline.in and 14k at theitwares.com. You must have confused the two.

Pathik

Google Bot
^^ that deal is fully crap.. the 8800gts 512mb should be available at about 16-17k in india.. and the mobo around 15k..

monkey

Padawan
@pathiks: 16k-17k for 8800GTS 512 MB?? We pay this price for 8800GT 512 MB here in India....I think 20k should be the expected price for 8800GTS 512MB...
Also EVGA 780i SLI is costing nearly the same as Asus Striker Extreme (which costs around 19k here --source: Rashi)..
So total bundle should cost around 39k-40k...add tax and shipping to it then around 44k...

Jags

Journeyman
pathiks said:
^^ rather get a p35 board with a low end gpu..
like xfx 650i ultra/ abit ip35e + 8400gs..
can u plz tell me why p35 chipset based mobo ??
and also i have no idea about xfx coz my knowledge is quite limited to digit magz..
although they do recommend albit
nevertheless... how much is that going to cost me (albit + low end gpu) ??
thanx for your reply !!

piyush1989kap

Broken In
My friend...you can go for P35 chipset if you want DDR3 support but that mobo will be costly too.(8k around)
P35 is nothing but G33+DDr3 support and slightly better CPU support.
Gigabyte is a good choice but i recommend you intel original or you should g for asus .But that will be costly again.
So best choice is intel DG33FB or XFX 650i ultra mobo.
But warranty wise gigabyte or intel is the best and asus too.

The authorised dealer for gigabyte,asus,transcend and amd etc
none other than SMC INTERNATIONAL ,nehru place.

I recently bought a new system 1000/- less than computer empire.

take into notice ...GIGABYTE comes into account when someone wants to buy intel latest chipset mobo at cheap prices.
But if you want rock solid performance take asus.
Intel gives performance between these 2.

I hope you have understand .

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
My friend....is planning to buy a 8400 GS ...now the problem is that...his mobo is A8N VM and he has 400 W SMPS ....and he is in doubt whether the Gfx card will work on that SMPS ???

ASUS A8N-VM CSM

comes with Nvidia 6150... so if you have this board then no need to buy 8400 GS... it is not a value for money when you are thinking replacing your on board nvidia 6150 with it...

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65606

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom