Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

niladrisde

Dhishum
Hi,

Need your advice in building a new AMD based PC, which will be used mainly for 3D-CAD design, and simulation (SolidWorks, AutoCAD etc.), and 3D-animation (3D Studio Max). Hence, definitely would need a good grfx card, and would need a good MoBo, on-board grfx not required. Probably would be going for AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ (6200 + Tax, I believe), and would definitely buy DDR2-800-2GB RAM.

Can anyone suggest a good combination of MoBo, and Grfx card :confused: ? Budget is not really a constraint, but would expect not to spend more than 12k for (MoBo + Grfx card) :(.

Thanks in advance... :)

shantanu

Technomancer
then you can go for Asus M2N-MX and a 8600GT :)

motherboard = 3000/-
gfx = 7.6 k and you can even try to increase the RAM after this.. :)

i guess others will update you too.. these prices are from Delhi.. :p

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
The_Devil_Himself said:
Where does it draw its power from?External 220v point?

yes fromthe wall Socket 220v Plu point...

nishantv2003 said:
my budget, processor(E6750)+mobo= under 20k.

in terms yes, there are few problem with XFX 650i ultra when and if u consider to OverClock really hard with Pro over clocking gears and hardwares, like for instance RAM Voltage is limited to 2.1v MAX, now for example in my case to run my E6600 @ 3.6 GHz I had to take my RAM voltage up to 2.178v, so if I had XFX 650i ultra, then I would have faced problems...

So yes if you plan for heavy over clocking then think for any other board but in acse if you wont over clock that high with dedicated OverClocking gears !! then XFX 650i ultra is more than enough... as John (one of our forum member from Kolkata) took his E4400 upto 3.2 GHz under than Board :)

niladrisde said:
Need your advice in building a new AMD based PC, which will be used mainly for 3D-CAD design, and simulation (SolidWorks, AutoCAD etc.), and 3D-animation (3D Studio Max). Hence, definitely would need a good grfx card, and would need a good MoBo, on-board grfx not required

I belive you have a budget for the Procy + Mobo + Grfx Card on around 20k (incl TAX)

I would suggest bellow config for your need....

Intel E6550 @ Rs. 7100/- TAX
XFX 650i ultra @ Rs. 4800/- TAX
XFX 8600 GT 256 MB GDDR3 @ Rs. 6700/- TAX

TAX @ 4% VAT Rs. 744/-

Total Rs. 19344/- incl TAX (Kolkata)

niladrisde

Dhishum
Thanks a lot Choto Cheeta, for the suggestions. You are dead right with your guess about my budget :).
Choto Cheeta said:
I belive you have a budget for the Procy + Mobo + Grfx Card on around 20k (incl TAX)

I would suggest bellow config for your need....

Intel E6550 @ Rs. 7100/- TAX
XFX 650i ultra @ Rs. 4800/- TAX
XFX 8600 GT 256 MB GDDR3 @ Rs. 6700/- TAX

TAX @ 4% VAT Rs. 744/-

Total Rs. 19344/- incl TAX (Kolkata)
I just have 2 questions, may sound very naive, or illogical, but please help :(.
  1. As my CAD design simulations would be very graphics intensive, do you think I should go for 512MB XFX 8600GT? What is the price difference, huge?
  2. As my CAD design simulations would be very processor intensive as well, do you think XFX Ultra 650i, will it be a good enough board, in terms of performance? Or is it a compromise because of budget? If you feel so, please suggest.
Again, thanks in advance...:)

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^
1.No,512Mb 8600gt would be a waste of money go for 8600gts instead if you can afford.But Then 8600GT 256MB gdd3 is the best vfm.Simply put 8600gt is just not powerfull enough to make use of full 512mb so why waste the extra 600-800 rupees.
2.You can opt for quad core series of processors if you think your work is too processor intensive.Heavy duty programs like CAD\CAM et al will greatly benefit from quad core processors.But they are costlier than your c2ds.

niladrisde

Dhishum
The_Devil_Himself said:
^^
1.No,512Mb 8600gt would be a waste of money go for 8600gts instead if you can afford.But Then 8600GT 256MB gdd3 is the best vfm.Simply put 8600gt is just not powerfull enough to make use of full 512mb so why waste the extra 600-800 rupees.
2.You can opt for quad core series of processors if you think your work is too processor intensive.Heavy duty programs like CAD\CAM et al will greatly benefit from quad core processors.But they are costlier than your c2ds.

Excellent, thanks again. I'll probably buy the system in next few days, and will post the prices in the other thread.

Quick question, few of the shop-keepers were saying, price increases during the Puja-Dussera season, and I should wait till Diwali... Is that really so?

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
No replies??

blueshift said:
My friend need an assembled desktop under a budget of 25000/- extendable upto 4000/-.

One dealer gave the following configuration for 28000/-(including taxes)

AMD Athlon X2 4000+
Asus mobo(with onboard nVidia gfx)
1GB DDR2 667MHz RAM
160GB SATA
17" TFT monitor
DVD-Writer Sony
Creative SBS 2.1 speakers
KB+mouse
400W SMPS with cabinet

The proccy and mobo costs 6100/-.
Is the price justified?

My friends requirements are a TFT/LCD monitor, 2.0 speakers since that takes less space.

Which is the best 2.0 speakers?

I am too looking for upgrading my system. But just planning to buy the same above proccy+mobo combination.
I want to know whether it will be compatible with my old RAM module(may be DDR1).?
Also do i have to buy processor fan and different cabinet??
please reply.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
blushift said:
I want to know whether it will be compatible with my old RAM module(may be DDR1).?
Also do i have to buy processor fan and different cabinet??

Sorry may be I have missed the post...

anyway, Processor FAN will come with the new Processor :p so you dont have to worrey about that !!!

and no my frnd, DDR1 are no longed in use, all mobo now days comes with DDR2 (240pin connector) so they wont simply fit in a DDR1 (184pin Connector) socket !!!

:(

and in Kolkata 4000 is Rs. 3k or 3.2k + TAX :)

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
blueshift said:
AMD Athlon X2 4000+
Asus mobo(with onboard nVidia gfx)
1GB DDR2 667MHz RAM
160GB SATA
17" TFT monitor
DVD-Writer Sony
Creative SBS 2.1 speakers
KB+mouse
400W SMPS with cabinet
Just some suggestions:
1.go for 250gb hard disk instead of 160gb.The price difference is hardly Rs.500-700.
2.If you can manage 2k more go for 19' monitor instead of 17'.The extra 2' are well worth purchasing.
3.Go for Liteon dvd writer instead of sony.Liteon is cheaper and better.(just around Rs.1600 for 20x model without light scribe)

Siriusblack

Broken In
Thnx a lot choto cheeta. I will stick to the Intel Solution. Also could u possibly guide me to a good online hardware site to buy xfx 650i since its not easily available in Manipal , Karnataka . Any bangalore contact no will do..

Also i heard that northbridge of XFX 650i gets really hot so pls suggest some chipset cooling also since i plan to overclock it to beat the **** out of AMD 4800+ my frnd has

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Guys pls suggest a micro-ATX motherboard .. I saw XFX nForce® 650i Ultra but is a full ATX mother board :( .. its very urgent

also I need to know if antec cabinets are available in bangalore.. I am looking for Antec Minuet 300

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Can someone tell me whether both IDE and SATA both are supported in the motherboards nowadays?. Why iam asking is i have bought a new XFX 650i Ultra mobo. i have not connected it yet. iam waiting to buy a new 320 gb seagate HDD. If i buy that my problem is how to transfer the data from my existing two IDE hard drives to the new SATA HDD?. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Siriusblack

Broken In
Any body could u pls suggest an onlline site to buy an xfx 650i ultra mobo . I live in Manipal , Karnataka so any shop nearby will also be good i contacted the local vendors but its not available so if not possible could u suggest an alternative mobo also

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Siriusblack said:
Any body could u pls suggest an onlline site to buy an xfx 650i ultra mobo . I live in Manipal , Karnataka so any shop nearby will also be good i contacted the local vendors but its not available so if not possible could u suggest an alternative mobo also
don't buy motherboard online.Prefer to buy from local marker, even though is is costly.Reason is: for better support.

Last edited:

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
One word to describe this thread..
AWESOME!!i!
Very soon i am going to buy a system .mostly say mobo,ram,hard disk,cabinet.
Othere things such as monitor,keyboard,mouse...and gfx i am going to take it from my present system. .
I think when i buy this thread will be really helpful.
Guys another thing.
This is for my anothere system.
Shall i go for 19' wide LCD or normal ones,and what are the prices.my bro says that we should get wide to see movies better ,but for me it appears that everythings is elongated..what shall i do?
And which brand shall i go for ?viewsonic or samsung or lg or someothere.i live in tamil nadu.
And are there anyone from Çhèññäì..suggest a good vendor who is offering from cheap and good and reliable.
I used to purchase from richie street..?

Last edited:

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
naveen_reloaded said:
This is for my anothere system.
Shall i go for 19' wide LCD or normal ones,and what are the prices.my bro says that we should get wide to see movies better ,but for me it appears that everythings is elongated..what shall i do?
And which brand shall i go for ?viewsonic or samsung or lg or someothere.i live in tamil nadu.
And are there anyone from Çhèññäì..suggest a good vendor who is offering from cheap and good and reliable.
I used to purchase from richie street..?
go for wide screen.
Viewsonic is better than samsung.
price of viewsonic 19" wide screen, black ...around 10K

sagar_coolx

Journeyman
dudes...wanted to build an economy pc.budget below 15 k without monitor..actually for a kid..first timer...so will b used for what kids use it for..(gaming,casual)
reading previous posts, ive zeroed on this config
AMD X2 4000 @ Rs. 3000/- + TAX
MSI K9AGM2 @ Rs.2450/- + TAX
1gb DDR-II @ Rs. 1400/- + TAX
120 GB SATA @ Rs. 2000/- + TAX
DVD RW @ Rs. 1300/- + TAX
Cabinet + SMPS @ Rs. 1200/- + TAX
Keyboard Mouse @ Rs. 800/- + TAX
stereo speakers @ 600/-

total
TAX @ 4% 510

grand Total 13620,

but now, can i replace msi motherboard with asus m2n-mx...coz msi has ati onboard gfx...n well...dont trust ati(advise me if im wrong here)

Last edited:

anurodhjindal

Broken In
hi frnds,
i want to buy new [processor+motherboard+cabinet]....
as currently i am using P-III 500mhz

plz suggest me. budget around 7000/-(total)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom