Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

go4saket

Hey guys, what happened to the Penryn series of Processors. Are they already launched or we still have to wait for them, and if not yet launched, any ideas of when are they supposed to be launched...

Siriusblack

Broken In
Guys i just want to upgrade my system from 3 ghz 939 Athlon 64 to something better Its running on A8N-e Asus Mobo right now. I have 2 choices in Mind..

1. The Intel Way

E4400

2. Along Amd

Amd 4800+

Pls suggest a suitable mobo also for both configs along with prices..

I was inclined toward amd but anandtech recent cpu story made me think about E4400. The system is required for gaming and i already own a 6800 gts card so keep that in mind...

My budget for this is 9k -10 tops so pls suggest some value for money. I found out that Asus mobos for Amd were cheaper and had more features than the INTEL mobos for the C2D's so me in a dillema , since the price of both proccy is roughly same ........

Thnx for reply....in advance

nishantv2003

We Both Have a Mouse!!!
hey guys..
done some searching and found out that asus P5K-VM(for e6750) is a very good mobo.
what do u guys say? any other suggestions?
and
what will b its price?

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@nishantv2003

P5K-VM is a really good board if u need onboard solution... where as its Rs. 7200/- + TAX kolkata....

and do consider option for XFX 650i ultra Rs. 4800/- + TAX with XFX 8400 GS which is Rs. 2600/- + TAX :)

@Siriusblack

U have a Budget of RS. 10k for Both Procy + Mobo ??

nishantv2003

We Both Have a Mouse!!!
thanx choto cheeta once again:) u r really helping me:)
pls tell me is this board good xfx 650i ultra and how it is compared to asus P5K-VM.
and also could u pls give me the price of asus P5K(P35) board.
thanx

Last edited:

arun_chennai

tech mighty
go4saket said:
Hey guys, what happened to the Penryn series of Processors. Are they already launched or we still have to wait for them, and if not yet launched, any ideas of when are they supposed to be launched...

Penryn QX9650 (999$) model is getting launched at November 12th...the other mainstream models are going to be launched on Jan 2008 only....

mayneu

Journeyman
hi choto cheeto, i want to know a best mother board and processor from amd. i am upgrading my pc. so i need the mother board , processor and 1 gb ram ddr2. i dont need anything else. should i have to change the cabinet also or the old one will do??? its 4 yrs old. i thin i dont have to change the monitor and the hard disk right???
pls give me the best performance combination in AMD. budget is <10k.
i know it looks silly and awkward to u, but i thought u r the one who can help me here. pls....

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
nishantv2003 said:
pls tell me is this board good xfx 650i ultra and how it is compared to asus P5K-VM.

Well see u cant really compare a TATA Safari and a Maruti Suzuki SX4.... bith are good car both have their own problems and -ve points... one is on SUV platform one is on a Suden platform...

so just like that, XFX 650i ultra comes with no onboard video where as P5K-VM comes with onboard video...

combination of XFX 650i Ultra + XFX 8400 GS will cost more than single P5K-VM board...

but 8400 GS is far better than onboard x3100 (G33) which comes with P5K-VM... so now comes ur need, if you need for completelly for working not much or no gaming then surelly its P5K-VM which I would say the best for you...

If you plan gaming card later on, but now really very little gaming still it would stay P5K-VM...

but if you are a week end gamer who will play new games but under low settings then its 8400 :p

now if you plan a better card later on but will want to play new games from day one then again its 8400 :)

so u chose what do you want ??

@mayneu

i know it looks silly and awkward to u, but i thought u r the one who can help me here. pls....

all members here comes to help each other... so its not only me, any one who can give u idea about certain thread will contribute and do read every ones reply :D

i thin i dont have to change the monitor and the hard disk right???

No change of Monitor / HDD is not required, but u can get better performance from a better SATA-II present gen HDDs rather than ur 4 year OLD IDE one...

but again really if u are low on budget that 4 year old IDE will run absolutelly fine :)

should i have to change the cabinet also or the old one will do???

if its a large cabinet then will do... but u have to change the PSU (SMPS) for sure for the new hardware u plan to buy :(

pls give me the best performance combination in AMD. budget is <10k.

u need Mobo + Procy + RAM for 10k ??

but for most tell us what would be the use for the PC ?? then will be easy to comment !!

:)

thnx...

Siriusblack

Broken In
yeah that is the total budget for mobo and proccy. if u feel i can get a better deal than 4800+ or e4400 pls suggest that too ... i already own a 6800 gs card so if u can pls tell me which 7XXX series or 8XXX series are better than it which i can get for about 5k this is separate for gpu

Pathik

Google Bot
You can get a 8600gt for 6.5k.. that s really good vfm..
as for the mobo and proccy you can get the e4400 + xfx 650i ultra in 10k

avikchaks

Ex-KGB
hey guys !

Could anyone tell me the approx price of 120mm exhaust fan .I'm from Delhi and would like to buy the best (maybe coolermaster or antec ..).

Thanx

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
avikchaks said:
hey guys !

Could anyone tell me the approx price of 120mm exhaust fan .I'm from Delhi and would like to buy the best (maybe coolermaster or antec ..).

Thanx
local exhaust fan cost is Rs. 75-100/-

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
avikchaks said:
hey guys !

Thanx
collermaster fan will set you back by Rs.350-400.

nishantv2003

We Both Have a Mouse!!!
Choto Cheeta said:
Well see u cant really compare a TATA Safari and a Maruti Suzuki SX4.... bith are good car both have their own problems and -ve points... one is on SUV platform one is on a Suden platform...

so just like that, XFX 650i ultra comes with no onboard video where as P5K-VM comes with onboard video...

combination of XFX 650i Ultra + XFX 8400 GS will cost more than single P5K-VM board...

but 8400 GS is far better than onboard x3100 (G33) which comes with P5K-VM... so now comes ur need, if you need for completelly for working not much or no gaming then surelly its P5K-VM which I would say the best for you...

If you plan gaming card later on, but now really very little gaming still it would stay P5K-VM...

but if you are a week end gamer who will play new games but under low settings then its 8400 :p

now if you plan a better card later on but will want to play new games from day one then again its 8400 :)

so u chose what do you want ??

nice said bro:)

so its,
1.Asus P5K-VM -about 7.5k?
2.XFX 650i Ultra + XFX 8400 GS -aboutt 8K?
or
3.P5K(P35) + XFX 8400 GS -about ????

HELP!!!

thanx every 1 and espcially u Choto Cheeta:)

Last edited:
OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@Siriusblack

I was inclined toward amd but anandtech recent cpu story made me think about E4400. The system is required for gaming and i already own a 6800 gts card so keep that in mind...

1st of all, tell me is that grfx card a PCI-E or AGP interface ?? as if its AGP then you are doomed :(

For you I agree with our Google Bot, that E4400 + XFX 650i ultra is the best solution... !!!!

both are Rs. 4800/- + TAX :lol: in Kolkata.... !!!! so u can manage within a 10k (little bit here and there because of TAX)

:)

Now if ur GRFX card is PCI-E... stick with it :p personally I would comment that no need to buy nvidia 8600... better wait for 9xxx cards then if budget permits then a 9xxx card or as it will make 8800 GTS price fall, so then go for 8800 GTS... right now Stick to the 6800 if its PCI-E... a 5k budget wont give any good card :(

@nishantv2003

umm.. whats ur budget ?? as P5K is a CrossFire board with price tag of over 10.5k :lol: and with this CrossFire mode personally i feen better to buy ATi base cards even if you dont plan to run CrossFire !!!!

@ravi_9793

I buy ultra high speed 220v ext 120mm fan from Kolkata they charge Rs. 280/- for one with 6 months warrenty.... it needs ext 220v power !!! performce good, but seems its bit over charged in Kolkata as u buy for Rs. 100/- only :(

Pathik

Google Bot
@nishant and choto : you can also get the biostar p35 entry level mobo if u want 45nm compatibility.. It shd be cheaper..

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Personal i saw with their (BIOSTAR) built quality under AMD Platrom (I bought few AMD systesm with BIOSTAR boards) and I am really not happy with their performance !!!

but yes I am yet to try any Intel platform board from them, but unless some one of my frnd buy one I cant as personally i will never invest in that brand :p

nishantv2003

We Both Have a Mouse!!!
thanx choto and pathiks.

P5k is over 10.5k!!!
isnt there any good mobo(P35) under 6k.
or
i think ill go with P5K-VM since its a better mobo in terms of performance and stability(o/c) then the xfx 650i ultra.
and i could add a gfx card later...
[but the prob is that, i want the 8400 now, coz w/o a gfx card pc is not complete and u get tru potential then only].
my budget, processor(E6750)+mobo= under 20k.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
Choto Cheeta said:
I buy ultra high speed 220v ext 120mm fan from Kolkata they charge Rs. 280/- for one with 6 months warrenty.... it needs ext 220v power !!! performce good, but seems its bit over charged in Kolkata as u buy for Rs. 100/- only :(
Where does it draw its power from?External 220v point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom