Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasuke

Broken In
Re: will latest games work on these configrations?

Although the processor you chose is good. The board is not suitable. Look for a AM3 socket board like M4A78.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Re: will latest games work on these configrations?

I am a hardcore gammer.I want the configration in which all the new games will work.I have decided a pc configration,if you find that i can get something better in my budget of total 25k please tell me:

AMD Athlon 2 x2 550(3.1 GHz)
ASUS M2N68 AM
4 GB Transend RAM
7200 WD HDD(500 GB)
And looking for a graphic card

Hello. Welcome to the forum.

As of your current query, One cannot say much until you disclose your GFX card.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
I have a Compaq 1730IL Desktop...with 17" CRT...and i'm planning to upgrade....
I need suggestions regarding everything except the monitor as i don't wanna buy a new one....To be specific, I want to buy

1)Cabinet(with atleast 3-4 fans)
2)Motherboard
3)Processor(preferably the Core i5 processors from intel)
4)RAM(4GB i guess)
5)PSU
6)HDD(500GB-1TB)
7)GFX

The sole purpose is gaming and running Animation softwares like autodesk...
My BUDGET IS AROUND 35k...(can increase it if i get good components but not more than 40k)

Prime concern is the processor and the gfx as i don't want the games to lag...coz i have been dealing with that for the past few years....

I live in Lucknow and do have a computer market(Nazza Market) here but they hardly have the new stuff..I could go to Nehru place(Delhi) to buy these or is purchasing them online a better option??:???::???: I am going to buy these next month..so please help me out here and suggest me a good Gaming Config so that i can play all the games at good res and without any lag... also i wouldn't be upgrading the computer after this(not for a few years that is) so it should be able to run upcoming games as well....

There u go..can't be more specific than that...

Last edited:

ssb1551

Technomancer
@keviv219 - Dude its difficult to get a good gaming config of i5 with other requirements of urs.I'll tell u the reason y :
1st lets get components other than CPU+MoBo.
Zotac GTX460 768MB 10.6k
2*2GB DDR3 GSkill - 4.6k
corsair vx450w @ 3.7k
500GB HDD - 1.9k
NZXT GAMMA - 2.1k

So all this comes upto 23k.Now u r left with 12k(assuming ur budget is 35k) for CPU+MoBo.If u wanna go for i5 760 its gonna be for 10.6k.Then u won't be left with much cash to buy a compatible MoBo.Now with the remaining cash the best is to go for AMD Phenom II X4 955 - 8.1k(theitwares)
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H - 4.5k
Thats one of the best option u can go for!!

Last edited:

kadirmkarthik

Broken In
hi everyone,
i am from tamilnadu. i want to buy a desktop pc (assembled) for mainly watching movies, listening music, continuous surfing and medium gaming. my budget is Rs.40000. i have little decided about long lasting ones like monitor and speakers.( dell st2220l led 21.5inch and creative inspire 6200 5.1) they both cost around 15000 i think. please provide best possible configuration for the budget and it could even modify monitor and speakers.
thank you.
Dr.karthik.

from now on don't post same thing twice - removed your previous post with same contents.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
@keviv219 - Dude its difficult to get a good gaming config of i5 with other requirements of urs.I'll tell u the reason y :
1st lets get components other than CPU+MoBo.
Zotac GTX460 768MB 10.6k
2*2GB DDR3 GSkill - 4.6k
corsair vx450w @ 3.7k
500GB HDD - 1.9k
NZXT GAMMA - 2.1k

So all this comes upto 23k.Now u r left with 12k(assuming ur budget is 35k) for CPU+MoBo.If u wanna go for i5 760 its gonna be for 10.6k.Then u won't be left with much cash to buy a compatible MoBo.Now with the remaining cash the best is to go for AMD Phenom II X4 955 - 8.1k(theitwares)
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H - 4.5k
Thats one of the best option u can go for!!

That hurts...Is the AMD Phenom II X4 955 better than i5 760???
I was thinking about CM690 for the cabinet....and will corsair vx450w suffice for the GTX460?

hey guys i need to upgrade my cpu...need some suggestion for upgrading the mobo+processor+ram within 10k range...my basic need is surfing n watching movie...no or little gaming as such ....suggest me the best possible combo so tht i can bring some use of my old box .....

gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H is costing 1.2k more tht means its on sale price coming to be 5.8k ..........i guess tht mobo is damm gud.....will try it...any one in nehru place selling tht mobo......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom