Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
^^ that's true - by adding only 3k more he can get a 9800GT or by adding 4.5k a GTS 450 1GB edition from zotac and it would increase the encoding performance significantly ( more than a core i3 with DDR3 can even imagine ) but the only hitch is he will require a good psu if he already don't have one.

+1..........

Piyush

Lanaya
just in case if someone wants to dig out gold from their old /damaged PC mobos and different parts

A Real Gold Mine? - Picture Story - Tom's Hardware

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've read about that article on last month and the process is just too much tedious and you will not get that much gold so that the labor behind the effort can be paid but the main interesting point is it's really nice to see and learn something new as always - anyway thanks for posting it in here as many will be interested in gold mining :p

mondenath

Broken In
Re: My Dream Gaming Pc

hi guys i was wondering if you could review my system spec and let me know if i am good to go.

let me know if you find anything not worth it.

the budget is 75k

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
with how many fans CM Elite 430 comes with??????
nd they r giving any smps with it??

don't ask same question on 2 different threads - your post is answered here as well :

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/hardware-...lite-430-discussion-thread-2.html#post1286663

tkin

Back to school!!
Re: My Dream Gaming Pc

hi guys i was wondering if you could review my system spec and let me know if i am good to go.

let me know if you find anything not worth it.

the budget is 75k
Unless you need maximum performance I suggest you to drop the i7 950 and get i7930, you can oc a 930 to 950 easily, save a few bucks and buy a descent after market cpu cooler.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Guys, I have scraped the idea of a gaming rig. Guess its study time.

So now I want to but a decent LCD (will 22' be enough, remember I have only VGA port) and a 1TB SATA HDD.
Your valued input will be much appreciated :)

Sony NS

Right off the assembly line
Guys how is this spec...

AMD Phenon X4 955 Black Edition
MSI 890FXA GP70
GSKill 1600 2X2 XMSS
Saphire 5670
Cooler Master 690
Cooler Master X550 PSU

I got 2 question for u-
Do i need a cooler additional on this spec ?
Is this motherboards an overkill considering the processor and GPU ?

Thanks in advance :)

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
Firstly if that psu is extreme power, change it to corsair vx450w.. Dont go fr cm xm.. If you are into gaming, get phenom 2 955 b.e else get phenom 2 1055t.. Change that mobo to msi 890gxm-g65.. You can get cm 430 instd of cm 690 to do sm cost cttng.. Rest all is good..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom