Cooler Master GX-550W @ 4.2k
NZXT GAMMA @ 2k

Total-30.6k
looks good
he'll be adding some fans so there's no chance he can go beyond 30k

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ that's a good suggestion as he can OC that cpu and save some money.

---------------------------~~~~~~~~~~~~----------------------

@ pulsar_swift & piyush120290 - go to this thread for detailed config :p

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/discussions/121070-overclock-listing-thread.html

take a look at here too :p

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/discussions/121310-post-your-3dmark06-3dmark-vantage-results-here.html

@ Revolution - follow the first link that I've posted.

For OC the basic need is a good cpu cooler - get that at least and step into the world of OC.

For CPU cooler a very good option is CM Hyper TX3 @ 1.3k and Hyper 212 Plus @ 1.8.

Last edited:

rkneo11

Broken In
nice thread

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

is there any way we can change the operating mode of a proccy?
for eg:
from 64 bit to 32 bit

NO. But 64 bit processors suppot 32 bit OS but the converse is not true/

Piyush

Lanaya
no i mean i have AMD athlon
its a 64 bit processor
and i am running xp which is 32 bit OS
XP cant run as 64 bit OS

so can i do anything which will make my cpu to work in 32 bit mode ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
You need to install Xp x64 bit edition to run your cpu in 64 bit mode.

XP x64 is very aged one try Windows 7 x64 home premium instead.

BTW, I've used xp x64, vista and windows 7 x64 home premium - there not much performance you would gain except HDD performance which will increase by a decent amount and keep in mind that x64 editions has compatibility issues.

If you are using a lot of apps simultaneously with apps like VMware or Virtual box then you may find 64 bit OS more useful with 4 GB or more ram as 32 bit OS has mem limitation of max 2 Gb per application but 64 bit OS has no such limitation - so apps which needs a lot of ram like video editing apps, virtual OS emulators get the most benifit out of 64 bit OS.

no i mean i have AMD athlon
its a 64 bit processor
and i am running xp which is 32 bit OS
XP cant run as 64 bit OS

so can i do anything which will make my cpu to work in 32 bit mode ?

if you have installed 32 bit OS then already your cpu is running as 32 bit one(mode), to use its full potential , if you have s/w designed to utilize 64 bit operations then install 64bit OS............I think now its clear to you.

Piyush

Lanaya
@topgear and azaad
thanx for the info
will install the win7 ultimate

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

so guys i'm going tomorrow for my friend's rig

finalized rig:
AMD phenom II x4 955 BE
MSI 880gma e45
CM GX 550W
seagatte barracuda 500gb
sony DVD rw

2gb ram if CM 690
else
4gb ram with gamma

Victorxls

Broken In
Friends i need some help,i'm thinking of buying a netbook and my budget is 15k,my primary aim would be note taking so a longer battery life upto 4 to 6 hours is necessary,wordprocessing and net browsing are also there,if it can support some movies then better and i'll use my printers frequently,finally wifi and bluetooth are must,plz suggest the best value for money i can barely raise the limit to 18k if needed in the end,please also suggest something about warrenty as i'm gonna travel a lot

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Get a netbook from either dell or samsung - can't remember the model name - you will find it on shops easily - they should be priced around 15-16k with ~10 screen size.

for reviews and prices check this two website out :

*www.netbookindia.in
*www.priceindia.in/laptop

also don't forget to check atleast 5-6 reviews after you have chosen a particular model.

A good website is *www.consumermate.com

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@topgear and azaad
thanx for the info
will install the win7 ultimate

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

so guys i'm going tomorrow for my friend's rig

finalized rig:
AMD phenom II x4 955 BE
MSI 880gma e45
CM GX 550W
seagatte barracuda 500gb
sony DVD rw

2gb ram if CM 690
else
4gb ram with gamma

Sorry saw this late. Did you get the GX 550W..?

Victorxls

Broken In
@top gear
i just saw hcl's new 'me' netbook they have scaled down the price to 15500 at their site with free delivery to any where in india it also supports 3g sim card,plz give ur views on it,the design also seems good

vwad

In the zone
Get a netbook from either dell or samsung - can't remember the model name - you will find it on shops easily - they should be priced around 15-16k with ~10 screen size.

for reviews and prices check this two website out :

NetBook - Mini Laptops - latest Price,Features,and Reviews in India
Laptop Price India

also don't forget to check atleast 5-6 reviews after you have chosen a particular model.

A good website is Laptop | Laptops Prices India – Compare n Best Laptops Features | Laptops Reviews Online in India

Thanks for these links bro. Helped me immensely :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ vVictorxls - from specs it's look to be a very decent one though check out couple of reviews and then finalize your buying decision.

@ vwad - glad to know that those links helped you - here one more for you actually for all :p

Notebookcheck: Notebook & Laptop Reviews and News

Victorxls

Broken In
@top gears Yup i got through a review on netbook india it has only few cons like the below average battery life which can be a big issue for me but the benchmark shows near 4.5 hours on load and 8 hours on standby which is kinda ok,only gets beaten by dell mini 10 in few areas like the keyboard size but they say its enough so no problems there,lets see,looking for ur final words and few more reviews

may be digit should give a exhaustive review on cheap netbooks or things like ebook readers which come at worthy prices which can help students and info starving ppl

i don't know why companies are making pads costlier than netbooks

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ Victorxsl - honestly I don't know much about netbooks though i think dell mini 10 has better build quality though the price is a little bit more and it don't has 3G sim slot.

So if you don't need 3g feature integrated into netbook and want to use net using your 3g or EDGE enabled mobile you should better get Dell mini 10 but if you do use use net a lot on the move and need high speed internet and don't want to hook up your phone with netbook to use net then you may consider the HCL me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom