Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiroo

Broken In
guys one query : i am getting a new pc ,i am stretching my budget a bit but that is not enough ...originally i planned to get a corsair vx 550 -rs 5300 but later i saw a Digit review on coolermaster gx 550 which costs 4250 ....what do you think the CM psu is also a 80+ rated ,is similar to the vx 550 what should i buy ???

my system config is
Phenom II x6 1055T
sapphier radeon hd5850

and one more thing i am not able to get biostar TA890GXE or gigabyte GA 890 GPA-UD3H motherboards in bangalore the vendors are trying to shove the ASUS M4A890 GTD at 9850k down my throat what should i do ???

Last edited:

Piyush

Lanaya
^^
Piyush, honestly I cannot remember your new system set up...?
amd athlon II x4 635
msi 880g gma e45
kingston 2gb ddr3 1333
CM gx 550W
CM elite 335(i hate that)
seagate barracuda 500gb

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Man you are a old timer here. If you have purchased new PC update it in your signature. :punch:
are yaar
ye quotes ache nai lagte kya?:lol:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
guys one query : i am getting a new pc ,i am stretching my budget a bit but that is not enough ...originally i planned to get a corsair vx 550 -rs 5300 but later i saw a Digit review on coolermaster gx 550 which costs 4250 ....what do you think the CM psu is also a 80+ rated ,is similar to the vx 550 what should i buy ???

my system config is
Phenom II x6 1055T
sapphier radeon hd5850

and one more thing i am not able to get biostar TA890GXE or gigabyte GA 890 GPA-UD3H motherboards in bangalore the vendors are trying to shove the ASUS M4A890 GTD at 9850k down my throat what should i do ???

for 5850, get GX 550 if you on tight budget. will cost 4.3k. but i'll rate it like this Corsair VX 450 ---> CM GX550 ---> VX550. VX will cost you around 4.5k. don't end up paying 5k or more for a VX550.

as for Asus, better stay away. as you getting a discrete card, you may settle for old 7 series chipset. just you'll loose Sata 3.0 & USB 3.0. also check if MSI available.

pulsar_swift

Youngling
cpu temp
avg-48
max-51

system temp
avg-38

is this fine??

what do you mean by avg temp ? Whats the IDLE temp and what the 100% Load temp ?

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

What man ? Order online @
1. ITWARES
2.PRIMEABGB
3.SMC INTERNATIONAL
4. MEDIAHOME

pulsar_swift

Youngling
OK.
1. Install Core Temp
2. Enable AMD CnQ
3. Note down the idle temp reading as displayed in CORE TEMP. that means temperature when the CPU usage is between 0-5%
4. Run Prime95. Lots of heat and Lots of stress test with 4 users. Run it for say 10mins.
5. Note down the temp reading as displayed in CORE TEMP where it settles down.
6. Report the noted down temps reading as displayed in CORE TEMP here :D

dontanalyse

Right off the assembly line
I'm sorry, If I sound dumb here,Can someone help me with a ASUS motherboard for p4 3.0Ghz. Will I be able to use the P5kpl-am/ps motherboard? Thanks

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ what's the exact model number of your cpu ? is it based on intel LGA 775 socket ?

it would be great if you post a screenshot of cpu-z

*www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
can u tell me a software except prime95 to test
then i can give a detailed info

Download OCCT and run the CPU or Linpack tests, also the Power test is good. This is probably the WORST burn your system can get. It generates temperature/voltage spike graphs automatically in the end. I usually use this as the last stability test after my system passes Linx/Intel Burn Test/RealTEMP stress modules. This also has a GPU burner.

Suggestion:
While running OCCT, sit there and watch the screen. Keep CoreTEMP on to monitor temperatures. Nothing else burns your system as well as OCCT.

Piyush

Lanaya
Download OCCT and run the CPU or Linpack tests, also the Power test is good. This is probably the WORST burn your system can get. It generates temperature/voltage spike graphs automatically in the end. I usually use this as the last stability test after my system passes Linx/Intel Burn Test/RealTEMP stress modules. This also has a GPU burner.

Suggestion:
While running OCCT, sit there and watch the screen. Keep CoreTEMP on to monitor temperatures. Nothing else burns your system as well as OCCT.
is this safe bro?
i mean my father will kill me if anything happen

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

this is the cpu OCCT test
i'm showing only 1 core(all are same)

*img51.imageshack.us/img51/3196/2010062921h53cpu4.png

*img51.imageshack.us/i/2010062921h53cpu4.png/

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

this is the gpu test

*img413.imageshack.us/img413/9089/2010062922h04cpu1.png

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Well you are running on stock, so no issues. Your temperatures are fine.

By the way the new CoreTEMP build is out. Here is the link. Shows all cores now.

Piyush

Lanaya
^^
Well you are running on stock, so no issues. Your temperatures are fine.

By the way the new CoreTEMP build is out. Here is the link. Shows all cores now.
thanks for the link
i needed that

by the way,u must have run both the softwares:prime95 and OCCT
which would u say is more dependable,accurate and safe?

also u told me to run a power test too
is that safe?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
OCCT is the worst burner out there, same with IBT. Prime95 is not that severe. It depends what satisfies you. You would not get a system burn -- that would happen if the voltages are too high. If you run these tests on stock, maximum you would get is a lock-up (numkey hangs), BSOD, or restart. Big deal. These days I use IBT, since within 2-3 minutes it catches an unstability and halts.

End of the day, if you are on stock, no use running these tests. But do remember these tests take your system heat ~10-12C higher than a real world scenario ever would. I game on Warhead an never cross 62-63C, IBT/OCCT take it all the way to 73-74C depending how much vCore I am pushing in.

Piyush

Lanaya
OCCT is the worst burner out there, same with IBT. Prime95 is not that severe. It depends what satisfies you. You would not get a system burn -- that would happen if the voltages are too high. If you run these tests on stock, maximum you would get is a lock-up (numkey hangs), BSOD, or restart. Big deal. These days I use IBT, since within 2-3 minutes it catches an unstability and halts.

End of the day, if you are on stock, no use running these tests. But do remember these tests take your system heat ~10-12C higher than a real world scenario ever would. I game on Warhead an never cross 62-63C, IBT/OCCT take it all the way to 73-74C depending how much vCore I am pushing in.
so i'll stick to OCCT+Core Temp combo

anyways i thought you completed warhead by now
i tried warhead on my PC
playable frames were only achievable at 800*600 resolution with high settings and 1024 resolution with low settings
so i uninstalled it and will start it when i'll buy a gfx card this diwali

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

wow. piyush baba' s (PC) passed the exam with flying colors
hmm..
well most important thing was that i learned to post image on TDF:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom