Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victorxls

Broken In
@sam
i saw some android pads in market very sweetly priced around 5k and they have better features and support then even the i pad just lags in multitouch,screen quality and warrenty,hope indian firms like the makers of ADAM make something like that at slashed prices

---------- Post added at 03:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 AM ----------

@topgears
i totally agree with u on that dell's higher end of mini 10 at about 18k got better built n battery,multi touch trackpad,powerful processor,full keyboard,just lacks the missing 3g sim slot which i can compansate wid my phone bluetoothing it to d system

but i'm still 60-40 hcl (indian) also not bad

i'Ll finalise after getting a hands on experience in the showroom if i get to,

i hope there was something like bing cash back in india,
though i can get 5% back on my friends iit student card

vwad

In the zone
i hope there was something like bing cash back in india,
though i can get 5% back on my friends iit student card

Highly impossible with banks already struggling to make profits in India :lol: But lets hope private sector banks take the step ahead. :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ a 32 bit OS ( server grade ) can support as much as 128GB of ram :p

but most of the consumer grade 32 bit OS has mem limitation upto 4GB though you may the usable amount of ram in this type of OS may be anything between 2.5-3.5GB.

Any 32 bit application like maya/autocad/3ds max etc on a 32 ( x86 ) bit OS even if it's a server grade one can consume only upto 2GB ram due to 32 bit application architecture limitation.

-------------------------------------------

have you updated your mobo bios ?

your memory chip or even ram slot may have some kind of probs - if possible resit the ram or use a different memory module.

Onec I've heard that x58 mobos have memory recognition probs though it was solved later - those mobos were only recognizing 3 Gb of ram instead of 6 GB - forgot which manufacturer it was though.

if you are getting all those 4 GB using x64 windows then you have to install slipstreamed windows xp sp3 version.

@ Victorxls - as you are going to use internet using your cell phone then get the dell mini 10 and haggle at the shop and they may reduce the price and yes it's very important to test the netbook so if possible test those two new babies and see which one you like most :p

abhidev

Human Spambot
Hey guys...m planning to upgrade my pc...
My Current config-
Core2Duo E4500 2.2ghz
Asus P5GCMX
2gb Transcend 800mhz
MSI R5770 Hawk 1gb

I want to upgrade my mobo and procc...pls suggest Processors with compatible mobos.I am in favor of Intel processors.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ abhidev - yep, let us know about the budget.

Though here a little bit of suggestions :p

Intel c2d e7500 @ ~ 5.5k
MSI P43 Neo ( DDR2 ) @ ~3.8

CM Hyper TX3 @ 1.3k - oc the cpu around 3.8 Ghz with this one and get great performance :p

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hey guys...m planning to upgrade my pc...
My Current config-
Core2Duo E4500 2.2ghz
Asus P5GCMX
2gb Transcend 800mhz
MSI R5770 Hawk 1gb

I want to upgrade my mobo and procc...pls suggest Processors with compatible mobos.I am in favor of Intel processors.
wats the problem with ur current system....:?:

Victorxls

Broken In
Look sam,u said and its gonna happen,indian govt releasing a nano pad at mere 10 $,now thats cheaper than the cheapest phone u get and listening to the features,it promises a lot,even gets a solar charger,mind u it has touch screen n wifi also so hows that

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
hi guys i am looking for a minimum priced cpu mobo gpu combo
to game at my age old 15"(crt) samsung syncmaster monitor
i need to upgrade my pc accordingly

1. What is your MAX budget?
15-16k
2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
always open
3. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
gaming in 15" CRT monitor@1024x768
4. Planning to overclock?
hell no, i am a total noob
5. Which OS are you planning to use?
Windows 7 32bit
ubuntu 10.04
6. How much hard drive space is needed?
minimum(i already have a 40 gb ata hdd and an lg dvdrw not sure if they will be compatible in the new setup)
7. What resolution will the screen run at?
1024x768
8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
assembler
10. When are you planning to buy the system?
this week itself
11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
no
12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
cabby
13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
will buy it from hometown(purulia,West Bengal)
14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary

p.s.
my original plan was to buy a 40k rig(as you have seen in my earlier threads)
but due to some financial difficulties i had to cut my budget

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

btw i have decided on the following config
AMD Athlon II X3 435 - 3.5k
Biostar A780L - 2.7k
2GB DDR2 800MHz - 2.2k
Gigabyte superb 460W - 2.2k
Seagate 500GB - 2k
HD 4670 512MB DDR3 - 3.9k
LG 22x DVD writer - 1.2k

Total - 17.7k
please suggest if any changes need to be made

amogh

Broken In
i want to upgrade my processor and motherboard
my budget is 8000rs
i have decided upon phenom II X2 550BE
and biostar Ta785GE 128 m
my primary purpose is gaming

borax12

the dotmaster
i want to upgrade my processor and motherboard
my budget is 8000rs
i have decided upon phenom II X2 550BE
and biostar Ta785GE 128 m
my primary purpose is gaming

the proc-AMD Athlon ll X4 635 Processo-4.7K(needs a little bargaining)
the mobo-Biostar TA790GXBE Motherboard(only prob is ddr2 memory-3.9(after bargaining)

total-8.6K...but u can try to fit in for 8K....dunno how far th bargaining can go....but his does look a good deal....but remember ....the board has ddr2 support only

Piyush

Lanaya
^^if he cant get the 790 g then he can go for 785g based mobo
its too have decent onbored graphics

otherwise he has to go for x3 instead of x4 to make things work

borax12

the dotmaster
yeah thats fine......though i believe there aint much of price diff b/w the two...so better go for the better onboard graphics.....(though not much of diff)....yeah the x3 coupled with the biostar ta90GXBE Motherboard..will make things work.....

abhidev

Human Spambot
i would say core i3 dude...
Isn't i5 better than i3.....m an average gamer.so suggest somethiing which will satisfy my gaming needs.I hv already purchased Msi R5770 1gb.

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

what is the budget for the upgrade ?
how much will i7 cost....n which one would be preferred for gaming...i5 or i7?? u guys suggest me something n then accordingly i'll manage.but for u guys to start with, something arnd 15k-18k

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

wats the problem with ur current system....:?:

Are yaar, the systems is fine except for the RAM slot which is broken.Because of that now i just hv 2gb RAM and the rest 1gb is unused.I hv installed win7 and running games on it is slower.So for that i hv to lower down graphics a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom