Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.
whats the main difference between these boards
1. GA-X58A-UD5
GA-EX58-UD5
am not able to find even going through them on website, and also whats the price difference.

Last edited:

techmaniack

Broken In
OK so the AMD PhenomII X4 965BE is at INR 8.3k...
could you please give the contact name of Shop name of a genuine dealer at Lamington road(coz i am from Pune), as i'd be going there with my friend to buy a new PC.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
whats the main difference between these boards
1. GA-X58A-UD5
GA-EX58-UD5
am not able to find even going through them on website, and also whats the price difference.

1. *www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=3304

2. *www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2958

go4saket

Hi guys!

I want to buy two laptops, one for my sister and the other for me. As I am out of touch with hardware for quite some time, I am in desperate need of some good advices.

As my sister is doing Architecture, she basically needs a Laptop for her studies where she will be using AutoCad, Photoshop and such softwares.

For me, I love experementing with new softwares, playing high end games, video editing and like to go for the latest tech.

My preferred brand is Dell although I can try others if I get a good bargain. So please recommend.

BTW, I heard there is a whole new range of processor from Intel called the i3,i5 & i7. Whats the difference between these and the C2D's and which is the one I should go for.

Thank you.

Cilus

laborare est orare
For your sister's laptop go for Acer Aspire 5542G. It is a very good laptop for the work u have mentioned and also having a good graphics card for casual gaming . The Gfx card will also help in different softwares u have mentioned.

Here goes it config
Price is 36.5k (check gadgetguru website)

• Turion-II Dual Core M500 (2.2 Ghz,1 MB L2)
  • ATI Mobility Radeon 512MB 4570 HD GDDR3
  • AMD M880G Chipset
  • 3 GB DDR2 RAM upgradable up to 8 GB
  • 15.6" HD-LED(Max Res 1366X768)
  • DVD Writer,
  • 320 GB HDD
  • -BT, MultiCR
  • FPR, Gigabit LAN
  • WebCam, 4 x USB Ports,
  • Dolby Stereo Speakers
  • HDMI, 6 Cell,Linux, 1Yr,CC
For your gaming go for HP Pavilion DV6-2005AX (Rs44000) (AMD Turon II based)
Price is around Rs 44k (check priceindia website)
Config
* Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium
* 15.6″ inch (1366×768 Pixels) HD LCD Display
* AMD Turion II M500 Processor (2.2 GHz, 1MB L2 Cache)
* ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 1GB GDDR3 Dedicated Graphics card
* 4GB RAM DDR2 800 MHz
* 320Gb Hard Disk
* DVD Writer
* Intel 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi
* Bluetooth 2.0
* WebCam with Integrated Microphone
* Altec Lansing Stereo Speakers
* 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader
* Fingerprint Reader
* 4 USB 2.0 ports, VGA, stereo microphone in, stereo headphone/line out, HDMI, power connector, RJ-45, RJ-11
* 6-cell Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) battery
* Weight – 2.59 kg

Both the laptop I have suggested is based on AMD Turon II processors. Now I know that a lot of people have allergy with AMD processors. But the new Turon II series processors are much more efficient in power consumption as they are based on 45 nm fabrication process. Their performance is better than C2D600, the Core2Duo processor available within 50k range in India.

For your laptop ATI mobility radeon 4650 with 1 GB GDDR3 memory is gr8. Its performance is on the per with Nvidia GTS 250M, plus u get Dx10.1

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ go4saket

Hi buddy

You should go for dell studio 15 with core i3 processors.Check out dell.co.in and customize yourself.

The i3 is way better than turion so stick with intel.

The core i3 350m along with ati4570 costs around 40k and with ati4350 costs 35k.

visit dell.co.in and customize the studio 15 as per your needs.

I think it even has a radeon 4670 as an option along with an even better core i5 processor but will cost around 50k.

techie_85

Broken In
AM2 Processors

Are there any good AM2 processors left in the market, I have an AM2 mobo with 2gb RAM, I am planning to buy another 2 GB DDR2 Ram now.

My processor is pretty old and I would be upgrading it in about 2 to 3 months, so are there any good AM2/AM2+ processors available in the market,

If only AM3 processors are available, then buying ddr2 ram may become a mistake.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ techie_85

hi buddy

No point in buying am2 proccys and i guess there's none left in the market.The am2+ sockets do support am3 processors due to the ddr2 memory controller in the later.

You have to update the bios of your board and look for a good am3 proccy according to your budget.

You should go for the athlon 2 x4 620 in my opinion.

But you can always change the board and opt for one based on socket am3 and buy ddr3 ram for better performance as ddr2 ram prices are increasing enormously.

techie_85

Broken In
@ techie_85

hi buddy

No point in buying am2 proccys and i guess there's none left in the market.The am2+ sockets do support am3 processors due to the ddr2 memory controller in the later.

My mb is am2 . I don't think it supports am3, it supports am2+ after Bios update.

But you can always change the board and opt for one based on socket am3 and buy ddr3 ram for better performance as ddr2 ram prices are increasing enormously.
My original plan was to spent 5k on proccy and 2k on a 2 gb ram. I already have a 2 gb ddr2 ram, so I was thinking I could get a good processor and a 4 GB ram for 7K. But buying AM3 setup would cost me around 12K (3K for MB, 5k for proc and 4K for RAM).
This upgrading stuff is a headache :evil: :)

Cilus

laborare est orare
Its a Gigabyte GA M61SME,
*www.gigabyte.com.au/Support/M...ProductID=2507
You are lucky buddy. This board supports all the latest Phenom II and Athlon II processors. Please check urself from CPU support list of this mobo *www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/CPUSupport_Model.aspx?ProductID=2507#anchor_os

@5k, u should go for the AMD athlon II 620 Quad core processor. In fact market price is lower. Ur board even support AThlon II 635 and even Phenom II 965, the most powerful Phenom processor. So go for the new range of AM3 processors.

dmanojkmr

Journeyman
can u find 1 for me......

Guys would u plz help me in finding the model as per my config..

*forums.techarena.in/images/smilies/sweatingbullets.gif Processor : core2duo above 3GHz

*forums.techarena.in/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif motherboard*forums.techarena.in/images/smilies/sad00000.gifwhat type of MB is preferred)
1) 4 pci slot 4 RAM slot (ddr3)
or
4 pci slots 4 RAM slots (ddr2) if the cost variation is minimum between DDR3 n DDR2....DDR3 board will b preferable

2) HDMI port

3) 2 sata port (latest)

4) 5.1 sound card or 7.1 sound card (if cost variation is mini)

5) usb2.0 front and back 6

*forums.techarena.in/images/smilies/cool0000.gif good looking Cabinet (with SMPS supporting the above)

*forums.techarena.in/images/smilies/bleh0000.gif and a minimum cost and best performance graphics card which supports all games

how much does the above configuration costs (affordable cost)

techie_85

Broken In
@5k, u should go for the AMD athlon II 620 Quad core processor. In fact market price is lower. Ur board even support AThlon II 635 and even Phenom II 965, the most powerful Phenom processor. So go for the new range of AM3 processors.

Unfortunately, it doesn't support them, look at the last colums were it says 'N/A', that means it doesn't support those processors. :(

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hey any other brand in PSU which i can buy instead of VX450

how is this CM Extreme Power PLus 500W (2.8k)
& Tagan TG-500 U37 (3k) :-D

r they worth coz they r cheaper than 4k VX450

moreover how is this strontium RAM(??new brand) they r also cheaper the 4GB DDR3
is cheaper than G-Skill & Corsair...:shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom