Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ sidkarode - Get Palit HD 4850 512MB Sonic edition instead. It's Rs. 9.5K or so. It performs better than GTS 250 in gaming though not much.

But if you want to stick with nvidia then get Zotac GTS 250 512MB. It's only Rs. 9.2K or so.

In my opinion if you want a gfx card that will also benefit audio/video works then get GTS 250. Coz you will get CUDA support. Many apps are releasing with cuda support which uses the GPU to encode & render multimedia contents.

Last edited:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
^Rs. 4000
It's "COOL"
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
^Rs. 4000
It's "COOL"

Last edited:

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
@ sidkarode - Get Palit HD 4850 512MB Sonic edition instead. It's Rs. 9.5K or so. It performs better than GTS 250 in gaming though not much.

But if you want to stick with nvidia then get Zotac GTS 250 512MB. It's only Rs. 9.2K or so.

In my opinion if you want a gfx card that will also benefit audio/video works then get GTS 250. Coz you will get CUDA support. Many apps are releasing with cuda support which uses the GPU to encode & render multimedia contents.

No, it doesn't perform better than a 9800GTX+ or GTS 250. And GTS 250 is a little cheaper than PALiT HD4850 Sonic. Although the diff. is very little to very much from game to game, but it's relatively slower. I suggest GTS 250 or 9800GTX+, and most of the games are NVIDIA-optimised, so it's better to go with GTS or GTX+ and most of the games use PhysX. So better to stick with NVIDIA.
Posted again:
I am regretting it for not buying 9800GTX+ :(. And I have seen the benchmarks of the cards with my own eyes!
Posted again:
I am regretting it for not buying 9800GTX+ :(. And I have seen the benchmarks of the cards with my own eyes!

Last edited:

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
@nvidiageek

HD4850 Sonic can't beat 9800GTX+, but they r almost the same in some benchmarking areas, but it can beat the new GTS250, its cheaper than 9800GTX+ and runs at lower clocks

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
dats wat I said buddy....it just beats it by small margin and in some games the benchmarks of HD4850 Sonic stands top of 9800GTX+, so where can GTS250 stand if it is clocked lower than the current 9800GTX+??...so in overall HD4850 SONIC is cheaper and the best vfm when compared to 9800TX+

tkin

Back to school!!
dats wat I said buddy....it just beats it by small margin and in some games the benchmarks of HD4850 Sonic stands top of 9800GTX+, so where can GTS250 stand if it is clocked lower than the current 9800GTX+??...so in overall HD4850 SONIC is cheaper and the best vfm when compared to 9800TX+
EVGA GTS250 is clocked @ 756MHz, that's faster than the default 9800GTX+ clockspeed, it also has 1GB ram, so it will clearly beat HD4850 sonic. Prices are almost same.

Besides that PhysX rocks, and almost every game now a days support PhysX, since ATI lost the price advantage its useless to get HD4850 now, GTS250 will be a better option.

I am starting to see some friends of mine regretting the purchase of HD4850 these days.

Last edited:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
And HD4850 OC is an option, you might not be aware but HD4850 Core Overclocks to 810MHz, the same way nVidia managed 734MHz on 9800GTX+ a.k.a. GTS250, by minor tweaks and a simple vmod. ANd their memory speed is also outrageously high. HD4850 memory goes to 1150MHz stable, and at that speed, it beats even the world's fastest GTS250(i mean most OCed).

sidkarode

Broken In
well guys...again need some help.
I was looking at Corsair PSUs. I zeroed on 2 models: HX520(modular) and VX550. However, when i found about the prices, HX520 was for Rs 7000 while VX550 was for Rs. 3800. Is it worth paying the premium (almost double the price) for a lesser wattage for a modular PSU? What are the benefits that justify such a huge difference.

Also, after going through another forum, i find that Seagate Harddisks, especially 500GB ones, are having some big problem in the past few months (regarding some firmware update, after which the HDD goes kaput!). The problem was for version 7200.11 drives. From their website, i find that Seagate has released a new version 7200.12. So is it safe to go for the newer version. Or even that is suffering from the same problems?

Pls advise.

yahooo.c0m

Gunner For Ever
Can any one tell me the approximate cost of mainboard based on GeForce 9300 in KOLKATA? Is this mainboard good enough for INTEL C2D E8400?

Please reply

Thanks
Soumya

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
well guys...again need some help.
I was looking at Corsair PSUs. I zeroed on 2 models: HX520(modular) and VX550. However, when i found about the prices, HX520 was for Rs 7000 while VX550 was for Rs. 3800. Is it worth paying the premium (almost double the price) for a lesser wattage for a modular PSU? What are the benefits that justify such a huge difference.

Also, after going through another forum, i find that Seagate Harddisks, especially 500GB ones, are having some big problem in the past few months (regarding some firmware update, after which the HDD goes kaput!). The problem was for version 7200.11 drives. From their website, i find that Seagate has released a new version 7200.12. So is it safe to go for the newer version. Or even that is suffering from the same problems?

Pls advise.

Given the price difference & the rig you are going to buy - the HX series does not offer some great advantage as compared to VX550W. As HX is modular which means you can remove the un-necessary peripheral connector cables fron the psu & be clutter free.

Go to corsair's website & see the difference between two.

If you have the money then get the HX one but
if you you don't want to spend more than 4K then get the VX550W one. It's offers great value for money.

Seagate has some issue with their 7200.11 drives but they have fixed with a new firmware revision. If you did buy one just update the firmware. Even I own one 7200..11 series 500GB hdd. Now for 7200.12 drives - they don't have that firmware issue - so it's safe to buy seagate 7200.12 drives.
Posted again:
Can any one tell me the approximate cost of mainboard based on GeForce 9300 in KOLKATA? Is this mainboard good enough for INTEL C2D E8400?

Please reply

Thanks
Soumya

MSI Has one 9300 based mobo. It's MSI P7NGM-DIGITAL. It should cost you Rs. 7K or so. This is a good IGP solutionbased mobo for intel c2d e8400.
Actually it has best IGP for intel procs as of now.

Last edited:

sidkarode

Broken In
@ Revolution: There is a person in my father's office who gets this stuff from Lamington Road in Mumbai (I dont know from which shop exactly).

@ topgear: Thanx for the info. I think VX550 is better option for me. Also I will go for Seagate 500 GB 7200.12 drive.

se7en_sg

S E 7 E N
Hi,

I need to buy a CPU, mobo & RAM for a friend of mine (total budget of 10K).
He needs a mobo with a HDMI port, so I have zeroed in on the following :

Processor: AMD Athlon 64X2 5600+ 3.3 +VAT
Mobo: ASUS M3A HDMI 4.7K + VAT
RAM: 3 X 1GB DDR2 667 MHz (650 X 3)
Is this config OK ?

For an Intel config, I am unable to get a decent mobo for C2D E7300/7400 with HDMI under 4K..
Any suggestions ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom