Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

krinish

Journeyman
^^ But there's no limit to dumping stuff on the HDD.. You buy a 1TB HDD today, you'll run out of space on that too in 3-4 months! Then what? Buy another HDD? See the pattern? I've decided that for me at least, burning DVDs is a better option :)

Thats valid too. Only worry, is the ease of use....
And besides this is cheaper too, one goes bad, you can get over it. But the HDD crashes and you are flucked.

Hopefully we will have the bluray burners and disk prices to come down next year.

HDD or DVD Disks????? Million dollar question for me right now.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
^^ But there's no limit to dumping stuff on the HDD.. You buy a 1TB HDD today, you'll run out of space on that too in 3-4 months! Then what? Buy another HDD? See the pattern? I've decided that for me at least, burning DVDs is a better option :)

Thats valid too. Only worry, is the ease of use....
And besides this is cheaper too, one goes bad, you can get over it. But the HDD crashes and you are flucked.

Hopefully we will have the bluray burners and disk prices to come down next year.

HDD or DVD Disks????? Million dollar question for me right now.

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Hello digitians,

I have a P4 based system now and I am going to upgrade mainly for GAMING. My current configuration is as follows:

Intel P4 531 (2.8Ghz,fsb=533MHz)
Intel D945GNT mainboard
2X512 ddr2 533MHz hynix ram
160gb seagate sata hd
ATX cabinet from XENITIS with 400w psu.

I am looking to replace my processor, mainboard and ram with the following components:

Amd Phenom II X3 720 BE (Quite a long name)
MSI K9A2GM-FIH mainboard(Amd 780g and according to msi, it supports 720BE)
2x2GB DDR2 ram.

Now time to ask some questions......
1. How is the config? (Suggestions are most welcome)
2. Will my psu be able to handle the cpu?
3. Is it possible to fit the msi board, which is m-ATX inside my ATX cabinet?

Please suggest.

Thank you.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
To all of those who wants to buy a asus optical media drive ( ie DVD writer or blue ray drive ) :

Go to this page & read my posts :

Main page : *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82664&page=14

Specific posts :

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1055873&postcount=411
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1068138&postcount=417
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1076985&postcount=419

( I know i've posted it in multiple threads not for spamming but for warn you - so kindly bear with me )

acewin

Point Blanc
well as topgear says, m adding my venture I got Asus DRW-2014S1, its already 6 months for this buy. First of all this is IDE burner, and I got a casing which I needed to use to have an external burner, as earlier I used my company laptop and 8x burner becoming too slow with so many discs to burn.

the piece I got was not able detect and read discs properly, so not even one week over I went to the shop and he sent me to the distributor where they immediately replaced my piece (a new one-not used and repaired one, thankful to that part), since then this burner is running very good for me.

Earlier I had heard asus and sony were the best brands, and I got both of them, and I have seen other people having samsung and LG, it tought me one thing if things running fine it is good otherwise always a trouble.

arounds 4 months back I had bought 640GB 32 Mb buffer Seagate 7200.11(the shopkeepers were trying to sell 750GB HDD to friend, who had gone in the market, but due to price and capacity getting I said do not buy anything other than the 640 GB HDD)

from the first day of use I am happy with my HDD, but I have heard all storeies and real compaints about 7200.11 series of HDD

mack1983

Broken In
Hi Guys,
Need your help regarding upgradation of my PC.
I have a Intel P4, 845 motherboard and 40 GB HDD.
I have selected a conf.
1. Intel E7400 3M Cache, 2.80 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB
2. Intel MotherBoard DG31PR
3. Kingston or Transcend 2 GB RAM 800 Mhz.
4.Seagate 250 GB SATA Hard Disk.
Need your suggestion regarding this conf. as i need this system only for surfing and occational game playing.
I also need to add cabinet fan can you provide me some info regarding that too.

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Hi Guys,
Need your help regarding upgradation of my PC.
I have a Intel P4, 845 motherboard and 40 GB HDD.
I have selected a conf.
1. Intel E7400 3M Cache, 2.80 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB
2. Intel MotherBoard DG31PR
3. Kingston or Transcend 2 GB RAM 800 Mhz.
4.Seagate 250 GB SATA Hard Disk.
Need your suggestion regarding this conf. as i need this system only for surfing and occational game playing.
I also need to add cabinet fan can you provide me some info regarding that too.

AMD X2 7750
Palit 780G
250GB HDD
2GB Transcend RAM

tapan.d.thakkar

Right off the assembly line
hello friends

i want to purchase only a cpu budget is around 15000Rs....
in which i want 2 gb ram(800mhz)
250gb sata hard disk
dvd writer
atx cabinet

i want to know for which processor n mb should i go????
i also inquired abt processor like
intel c2d 2.8
amd phenom

n mb
intel dg31
asus p5kplm-cm

i m really confused abt mb n processor....... which combination is good??

if u hav any other name then plz suggest me ??????
boz i want to purchase cpu in 2 to 3 says.......

thanks...

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
^dont go for intel motherboard
get this
Intel E5200 -3.5k
Asus P5kPL-VM -2.7k

but keep in mind that AMD X2 7750+Palit 780G combo will beat intel config in graphics

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Thanks Psychosocial for your reply.
But i want to stick to Intel only and if you have a combo other than this plz. do suggest.
Can i go for Intel DG33BU instead of 31PR.
What is Intel Mobos?
A Board costs a premium and lacks a lot of features, what others can provide for price lower than this...:mrgreen:

So, dont go for it...
Intel DG33BU costs somewhere around 5-5.5k....(Correct me if i am wrong..:-D). SO, for the price, simply go for MSI P45 Neo F for 4.9k, if you dont want an IGP. But, if you want IGP, then better stick with any Gigabyte/ASUS G31/33 Chipset boards that costs around 2.5k to 3k. Like ASUS P5K-PL VM or Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L.

^dont go for intel motherboard
get this
Intel E5200 -3.5k
Asus P5kPL-VM -2.7k

but keep in mind that AMD X2 7750+Palit 780G combo will beat intel config in graphics

@mack1983
What zyberboy said is true, consider the IGP, intel fall beyond AMD's 780G combo. But AFAIK, getting an E7400+MSI P45+Good gfx card will beat even the AMD Quad Cores too...So the choice is yours...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I think 780G here plays much bigger role, even with processors overclocked. I think I mentioned earlier too that my Athlon 64 2.2GHz+HD2600XT easily outperformed E6420+Quadro FX 560 even though the processor is single core. This is because my HD2600XT is far more powerful than FX 560.

mack1983

Broken In
What is Intel Mobos?
A Board costs a premium and lacks a lot of features, what others can provide for price lower than this...:mrgreen:

So, dont go for it...
Intel DG33BU costs somewhere around 5-5.5k....(Correct me if i am wrong..:-D). SO, for the price, simply go for MSI P45 Neo F for 4.9k, if you dont want an IGP. But, if you want IGP, then better stick with any Gigabyte/ASUS G31/33 Chipset boards that costs around 2.5k to 3k. Like ASUS P5K-PL VM or Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L.
@mack1983
What zyberboy said is true, consider the IGP, intel fall beyond AMD's 780G combo. But AFAIK, getting an E7400+MSI P45+Good gfx card will beat even the AMD Quad Cores too...So the choice is yours...

Thanks Guys for you suggestions, now as I'm not going to buy an additional GFX card as I don't play games on this system,so please suggest a mobo <5k that i can use with E7400...... which has some graphix capability built in it.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^
For 5k,
Get ASUS P5K-PL VM for 2.5k and a MSI EN8600GT 256MB DDR2 for 3k..Total comes around 5.5k.This one doesnt hurt ur wallet, and better rather than buy a mobo with IGP for 5k...

Or still, u wanna get a Mobo with IGP for 5k, then get EVGA/Zotac 9300 based mobos. I prefer Zotac 9300-ITX WiFi one, which comes around 5k..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom