Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
K9A GM2 has only 2 mem slots nd no DVI.
But M2A VM has 4 of them nd also got DVI.
If Jetway has 4 slots nd DVI, then its gr8 vfm.

surajramnani2k8

Journeyman
pathiks said:
^^
Xfx 8800gt 256mb 13k
c2d e6750 7.8k
xfx 650i ultra- 4.8k
2*1gb ddr2 800 mhz ram- 2.6k
Seagate 250 gb sata 2 7200.10 hdd-2.4k

hey can u suggest me another motherboard which comes within my budget which is as good as the one u have mentioned and which supports all other hardwares as u have mentioned..?..thanks...or is there a better alternative to this as i want to buy a perfect system within 30k ..thanks..

upendra_gp

In the zone
aravind_n20 said:
@surajramnani2k8
Its the second best card in the world after 8800GTX/U
What is ur monitor?
If its a 15 or 17" CRT, then 8800GT wud be overkill. Even an 8600GT[6~7k] can handle all games @ high/max @ 1024*768.

And E6750 too is a very gud performer.
Ur older system is not even a comparison against the suggested by Pathiks.
is this true??????????? at what settings can Crysis run on 8600GT?

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
surajramnani2k8 said:
hey can u suggest me another motherboard which comes within my budget which is as good as the one u have mentioned and which supports all other hardwares as u have mentioned..?..thanks...or is there a better alternative to this as i want to buy a perfect system within 30k ..thanks..

Whats wrong in this one?
This is by far the best possible config. or otherwise u can go for something extreme but in that case u chave to churn ur pocket too!

Another option in motherboard is ASUS P5N E SLI, cost 1K-2K more than XFX one and same chipset!

surajramnani2k8

Journeyman
keith_j_snyder2 said:
Whats wrong in this one?
This is by far the best possible config. or otherwise u can go for something extreme but in that case u chave to churn ur pocket too!

Another option in motherboard is ASUS P5N E SLI, cost 1K-2K more than XFX one and same chipset!

thanks for the response ok then i guess ill go with that config could u even tell me which cabinet to go in for and a good sub woofer..

surajramnani2k8

Journeyman
thanks a lot for all the reply guys really appreciate it..im sorry but im not able to get the xfx ultra 650i mobo and xfx 8800gt 256 mb graphics card..could u guys pls suggest me witha good alternative maybe a good intel motherboard and is it ok if i go in for 8600gt or 7900gt..pls suggest me with a graphics card which is easily available.....and will it be vista supported???....as i said earlier my budget is 30k and im lookin to upgrade my cpu that is mother board ram graphics card processor and cabinet and smps...im sorry for keeping on askin the same question just want to make sure i get the best system and i know digit guys are the best people to ask from :) ..thanks a lot...if possible could u guys even tell me where ill get xfx as motherboard and graphics card and motherboard as suggested by pathiks in chennai..???..thanks a lot..

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Buying a new 7900 GT is totally waste of money, u can get a used 7900 GT for really less price but there's no point buying 7 series since 8 series is DX10 and there are DX10 games already in the market and its just a start!

Motherboard ASUS P5N E SLI (same 650i chipset) or Abit IP35E is also a good option as pathiks already said.

MSI P35 NEO-F also a good one.
So there u have lot of options!

surajramnani2k8

Journeyman
how about this...
intel dg33fbc motherboard
intel core 2 duo e6750
xfx 8600gt graphics card
2*1 gb ram
250 gb hard disk
...i guess this will be vista ready and i just got to know from my dealer that 8800gt comes only with 512mb guess hes a noob :-D ...and if i go in for a 8600gt i can play all the games at max settings without a problem rite?..and i heard its direct x 10 compatible and vista compatible too...i thought of going in for 8800gt 512mb with the other specifications as i have said in this post..but its too costly and i guess in the future i can always upgrade with this mobo rite?..

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^

When you are getting a grfx card, then dont buy Intel G33 boards, try for XFX 650i Untra :) the over all performance will improve for sure :lol:

surajramnani2k8

Journeyman
Choto Cheeta said:
^^^

When you are getting a grfx card, then dont buy Intel G33 boards, try for XFX 650i Untra :) the over all performance will improve for sure :lol:

i am tryin but not available here i guess :(...but what if i go with the config i have suggested is it that the games wont play at max settings?whats de difference?

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
[A]LT.F4 said:
Can anyone suggest me which motherboard will be the best for these configs -
XFX 8600GT, 2GB RAM, P4 3.06 GHz..?
thanx.

Please mention ur budget too.
Is your P4 is socket 775?
If yes then XFX 650i ultra or any board that doesn't have onboard display.
Also P35 chipset based is a good option but its with onboard.

Pathik

Google Bot
^^ keith p35 also doesnt hv onboard gfx.. Btw @ altf4 try to get a new proccy.. It ll severely bottleneck ur system

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
See this:

*www.intel.com/cd/channel/reseller/asmo-na/eng/products/desktop/bdb/dp35dp/feature/index.htm

There are several offering that have onboard and non-onboard display. What i was saying that buy something which have P35 chipset so that if in future, if he wants to upgrade to Penryn or something else, he will still have option to upgrade and will also served the best performance.

[A]LT.F4

Broken In
Thanx Pathiks and Keith.. Just one more question, as Pathiks said Dont go for P4 3.06... Then should i go for C2D? Also does the processing/performance of C2D 2.33 GHz = P4 3.06??
Thanx..

janitha

Wise Old Owl
[A]LT.F4 said:
Thanx Pathiks and Keith.. Just one more question, as Pathiks said Dont go for P4 3.06... Then should i go for C2D? Also does the processing/performance of C2D 2.33 GHz = P4 3.06??
Thanx..

C2D will be better by all means!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom