Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
How is Intel DP35DP motherboard? is it avilable in india?wt abt the performance

*reviews.cnet.com/motherboards/intel-desktop-board-dp35dp/4507-3049_7-32467476.html?tag=nav

And also is Asus P5B avilable in india?
*www.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=307&model=1178&modelmenu=1

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@cyberboy_kerala

P5B sereise is been replaced by the P5K ones !!! however yes P5B is availabe :p but not sure about the price 8 months back it used to be Rs. 8500/- + TAX :lol:

one personal question ... if u dont mind offcourse... why would u want P5B ?? when u have P5K in market !!!

No X38 board in Kolkata atleast !!! may be Delhi and Mumbai folks are lucky to have such :p but not in Kolkata atleast :lol:

Last edited:

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
Choto Cheeta said:
one personal question ... if u dont mind offcourse... why would u want P5B ?? when u have P5K in market !!!
is p5k available here ,wts the price..is it good to pair with core 2 duo 6750?

intel DP35DP vs asus P5K vs P5N-E Sli which one is better performer

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
I am not sure about Intel X38 original one !!! but as what I read No Floppy support, DDR3 only, No OverClocking support :p

P5K is a costly board would go around Rs. 10k where as P5N-E SLi is Rs. 7.2k.. whats the ur need by the way ??

@All

Guys BIOSTAR TF7150U-M7 is here :D and listed it *www.abacusperipherals.com/contactus.htm any one can give us a price tag of the board ???

Forgot to Post, Biostar TF7150U-M7 is one Nvidia 7150 onboard grfx based board... HDMI support :D good option for cheap but better preformance in terms of Money :D and cheap systems :D

only nagative is it doesnt seem to support OC, though I am yet to read any physical tested review or test the board physically :lol: as the manual doesnt show any option for OC :(

Last edited:

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
Choto Cheeta said:
I am not sure about Intel X38 original one !!! but as what I read No Floppy support, DDR3 only, No OverClocking support :p
confused, is this to me or..........
P5K is a costly board would go around Rs. 10k where as P5N-E SLi is Rs. 7.2k.. whats the ur need by the way ??
Multimedia application and casual gaming,p5k is costly so wt about p5b(i wont be using sli but p5ne sli is only 7.2k)

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^

Think for XFX 650i too :p as even P5b is available at ur place will cost same or more than P5N-E SLi !!!

cyberzook said:
With reference to above he is increasing his budget to 42k.
I think we can accomodate viewsonic vg1930wm and a graphics card in this budget, with the XFX 650i ultra mb.
Although 8800 seems great, Wouldn't going for a 8600 GT right now be affordable as well as sufficing to most needs.
As you have both these cards(mentioned in the 1932 review), could you
give a first hand comparison of the two (performance/price).

Thanks

even u go up to 42k u can only fit in the Display, as if you ask me as a proffesional Gamer like a person who spends his most of the off time or a person who is adtictaed or who means sereious gaming, this is how u would rank it :p..

8400 GS >> Nvidia 7150 >> Intel G33 (x3100) >> Nvidia 6150 >> AMD 690G = No Gaming
8600 GT GDD3 Fatality >> 8600 GT GDDR3 256 MB = All games with mid or low settings...
8800 GTS 320 MB = Most of the games at high settings full resolutions, how ever DX 10 base games wont go full resilution if all settings are turned on...
8800 GTS 640 >> 8800 ulta 768 MB >> SLI = now we are talking pro gaming with full settings on largest of Displays :D

now as one casual week end gamer like aperson who would just play game one or 2 hours max a day just for a change :p

8400 GS >> Nvidia 7150 >> Intel G33 (x3100) >> Nvidia 6150 >> AMD 690G = Low gaming with weekend fun :D grfx will suck but all games will run (8400 GS only) with low settinsg :D
8600 GT GDD3 Fatality >> 8600 GT GDDR3 256 MB = the 8600 GT GDDR3 256MB which is now i think droped to or bellow Rs. 6k :D would be Bext or rather Idle for weekend gamer :D
8800 GTS 640 >> 8800 ulta 768 MB >> SLI = waste of money :p

Now what type of gamer are u ?? Dont be shy to disclose if u play heavy gaming as buying a computer is one investment :p u dont want it to go wrong :p

divyeshashiya

Broken In
I plan to assemble a pc for watching hd movies(720p,1080p from hdbits).So I want my config to be something like this-
Processor- Core 2 Duo E6750/E6850 Not sure which one to go with.Will gaming performance be affected?I will be gaming only sometimes.
Motherboard- ASUS P5K-VM/BIOSTAR TF7150U-M7(Whats its price?)
I would love an HDMI out but is it available in India(Biostar motherboard)?Where did you see it?
RAM- 2 GB KINGSTON 800 Mhz
Graphics card- Now this is where the problem arises,should I go with 8600 GT OR 8600GTS (tell me the manufacturer name too).
Monitor-An LCD 19" monitor which you recommend for 12000 rupees.I am really a noob at these.Please gimme a fast response time one.

Please reply at your earliest as I want to order it today.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
guys for time being i have to use nvidia 6200 tc with my upcoming system.. is it ok.. or should i run without it ..
i may probably uise Vista..

wht say..

and my config including web cam has come to 18k... i still wondering ...
will post exact detail with pricew if possible soon...

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
i just saw deltapage... sadly no drops in price... everything is the same as it was 2-3 months back.. :(

when to expect price drops ??

whats the cost of a 19 inch good quality LCD now ??
also what about intel new processors and amd's new ones...

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
whats the cost of a 19 inch good quality LCD now ??

People have difference in opinion as what is good... personally I would say try View Sonic VG1930wm though keeping in mind all VX1932wm sold found to be defective :p

I own one vg1930wm and pretty much happy with it, however i also bought the vx1932 which really sucks :p

VG1930wm is Rs. 9500/- in Kolkata....

also consider Dell 22" wide scren option liested as Rs. 13900/- + TAX :D

guys for time being i have to use nvidia 6200 tc with my upcoming system.. is it ok.. or should i run without it ..
i may probably uise Vista..

Whats ur Mobo ??

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
Which would be better to go for ...1)INtel G965RY or 2)Intel G33 based mobo ..

in terms of future upgradation,onboard graphics,performance etc..????

Also suggest me a good Intel G33 based mobo ?? Should I wait for G35 based mobo ??

Also there is a news circulating that intel have dropped the plan to launch G35 chipset and interested to lauch G45 instead ???

can anyone clarify the news and what are the expected lauch time for either chipset ??

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
I would say a complete No to any Intel board apart from 975 un-locked BIOS version boards...

:lol:

anyway as for the question Intel G33 (GMA x3100) ex DG33BU is better than DG965RY (GMA x3000) :)

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
Choto Cheeta said:
I would say a complete No to any Intel board apart from 975 un-locked BIOS version boards...

anyway as for the question Intel G33 (GMA x3100) ex DG33BU is better than DG965RY (GMA x3000) :)

Can u give some links to such intel boards and what is their price range ??

Also I want to know on what basis u are saying No to INTEL except those 975 one ?? (Just wana know)

Are u saying to intel or intel chipset ?? little bit confused...So which one to go for...??

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
i am saying no to Intel original Boards, some reasons are when you run same hardware with a ASUS board and a intel most of the time its is seen that ASUS / MSI / XFX usually out perfome the Intel counter parts.. and also bandwidth ratio is poor with same hardware when ran at ASUS or MSI or XFX boards...

now one of the main reason till P4 it was logical to go with Intel and under any day P4 / PD didnt allow the OverClocking abilities where as with Core 2 Duo it seems every Procesors are so OC frndly that its a waste of processing power if one doesnt OC :lol:

but that doesnt mean u must OC with Intel C2Ds :p

Can u give some links to such intel boards and what is their price range ??

The full Desktop motherboard range

Pathik

Google Bot
Choto Cheeta said:

x3100 is better than x3000 is normal graphic applications... but for gaming x3000 is better cos it supports sm3.0 whereas x3100 supports only sm2.0

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Choto Cheeta said:
People have difference in opinion as what is good... personally I would say try View Sonic VG1930wm though keeping in mind all VX1932wm sold found to be defective :p

I own one vg1930wm and pretty much happy with it, however i also bought the vx1932 which really sucks :p

VG1930wm is Rs. 9500/- in Kolkata....

also consider Dell 22" wide scren option liested as Rs. 13900/- + TAX :D
thanks cheetha !
looks like no new good LCDs in 10-11k range..apart from 1930 then
obvioulsy 14k is costly.. and 22 inch for what ??

for browsing internet and foruming and music 19 inch itself is very big right ?

or bigger is always better kya ?? for any purpose or use ??

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
off toipic...:

chota i tried to PM u .. but it seems its full./..

so posting it here (nothing personal )
nice to see u back..

one request man..

please do update your first post in the "Basic guide for ...."

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66140

and also add few other config if possible ...

really a nice thread u have started there...

if possible try to add or give link to place where there is any tutorial about overclocking which u mention throughout the first post.. coz once they buy many wont OC ... if its there on the first page it will be nice and also complete////

:cool:

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@naveen_reloaded

if its would be then make sure it would be P5K-VM or P5K-V :lol: as it is replacing P5B-V / VM boards...

but with both case dont use 6200 :p just for example, Vista would get index rating 3.1 / 3.0 with G33 / G965 (GMA x3100 or x3000) how ever with 6200 it would be around 2.2 / 2.3, just enough to run Aero :lol:

with a 6200 LE this is the result of one of our P4 630 based system :)

*img132.imageshack.us/img132/7676/37229329cb8.jpg

and cant find any saved screenshot in my personal PC which i have taken early from any of our x3000 or x3100 based boards :lol: but both case Vista rates grfx as 3.1 or 3.3 for g33 or g965 :)

P.S.

@naveen_reloaded

thnx for the comment :p yes will have to update the 1st page :) not getting time right now but will update as soon as possible for me :(

@akshay

Dell E228WFP is what I am talking about :D *www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/compare.aspx/20lcd?c=in&cs=inbsd1&l=en&s=bsd

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom