damnbadman666
Need help in buying a new config.
i am buying this config to play games.
i have decided on buying the following config:

AMD phenom II X2 550BE
785g chipset motherboard
4GB RAM DDR3
1TB seagate 7200.12
i am thinking of getting ati 5850 graphics card.
i have a few queries:
1.suggest me an affordable PSU for 4K.
2.does seagate drives have problems.
3.which ddr3 should i buy i.e 1300 or1600.what is their price now.
4.suggest me good 785g mobo for 5k.
5.should i wait for nvidia's cards or go for 5850.
6.should i go for 550BE or athlon II X4.my processor budget is 6k.

Get Corei5 750 with Gigabyte P55 board = both comes under 17K
Or U can get AMD phenom 2 955 + Asus 785Ev0 board

In stead of getting HD5850 - get GTX 260 or HD 4890 , because u need a powerful processor to run the GPU beast - HD 5850 needs a powerful proccy to unleash its power (My opinion is to wait for GT3XX series but they gona cost a lot when they launch )

Glacialtech 650AL PSU for 4.5K or u can get VX450 for 4K

Seagate 7200.12 is good one - no probs (never get 7200.11 they are burdens)

ALWAYS FIRST SPEND MONEY ON PROCESSOR , IF U R GETTING HIGH END GPU - Most bottlenecking problems will arise if u have budget processor :idea:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ smltngs -

1. Corsair Vx450W

2. No

3. 1600Mhz

4. Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H :p

5. Though there is no fixed release date of of GT3xx series but if you can wait till jan or feb of next year the wait might be fruitful as with Nvidia's release of DX11 gpu ATi will also slash price of their DX11GPUs and all DX10 gpus price will also come down:p

6. Get Athlon II X4 620 :p

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Get Corei5 750 with Gigabyte P55 board = both comes under 17K
Or U can get AMD phenom 2 955 + Asus 785Ev0 board

In stead of getting HD5850 - get GTX 260 or HD 4890 , because u need a powerful processor to run the GPU beast - HD 5850 needs a powerful proccy to unleash its power (My opinion is to wait for GT3XX series but they gona cost a lot when they launch )

Glacialtech 650AL PSU for 4.5K or u can get VX450 for 4K

Seagate 7200.12 is good one - no probs (never get 7200.11 they are burdens)

ALWAYS FIRST SPEND MONEY ON PROCESSOR , IF U R GETTING HIGH END GPU - Most bottlenecking problems will arise if u have budget processor :idea:

Yea, get a HD4890 and GTX260. The 5xxx series are too over priced.

Would suggest an i5 + P55 over the AMD platform, since its newer stuff, will have better upgrade options down the line.

Which ever PSU you get, make sure the brand is good and its a minimum 550W. You need a beefy one, with the type of GPU you want.

Well regarding waiting for new products and hoping for prices to fall:
Is like predicting the weather. It can happen, but also it might not just happen.

Get a Budget CPU: and OC it like mad. Should work.
:)

stonecaper

SuperMASSiVE
want 2 buy A new rig for 25K With Intel Core i5 750 inside.Is it possible?I Have Speakers Mouse,A Keyboard n an Inverter as a UPS .I am Willing to wait.Also Plz Tell Me Where to go to in kolkata : Vedant or Exodustech?

Waiting for your valuable reply s.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
want 2 buy A new rig for 25K With Intel Core i5 750 inside.Is it possible?I Have Speakers Mouse,A Keyboard n an Inverter as a UPS .I am Willing to wait.Also Plz Tell Me Where to go to in kolkata : Vedant or Exodustech?

Waiting for your valuable reply s.

Last edited:
hey guys...can you guys tell me a good reliable shop in hyderabad from where i can buy a desktop...and who has parts in stock..with good prices...
budget 45-50k..was thinking of getting an AMD rig with 785 mobo will use the onboard gfx till jan-feb and then picking up the 5770
this was the config i had in mind...any suggestions?? [i need to buy everything inc UPS]
athlon II x3-720 or or 955
M4A78STD-V-EVO
4gigs ddr3 ram
corsair vx450
monitor dell 24"
etc etc...

will i get a better rig for the same price if i go for i5??
also which shops in hyd keep dell monitors...

Thanks.

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
+1 to desii. Go for AMD config at that budget. Besides, you will need a good GPU to complement the core i5 and IMO more than 25k will be used up in CPU+RAM+MOBO+PSU. I suggest Exodus tech as the guy assembles your PC with good cable management too.
Posted again:
hey guys...can you guys tell me a good reliable shop in hyderabad from where i can buy a desktop...and who has parts in stock..with good prices...
budget 45-50k..was thinking of getting an AMD rig with 785 mobo will use the onboard gfx till jan-feb and then picking up the 5770
this was the config i had in mind...any suggestions?? [i need to buy everything inc UPS]
athlon II x3-720 or or 955
M4A78STD-V-EVO
4gigs ddr3 ram
corsair vx450
monitor dell 24"
etc etc...

will i get a better rig for the same price if i go for i5??
also which shops in hyd keep dell monitors...

Thanks.

Replace mobo with GA-MA785GMT-UD2H @ 5.5k
Proc is good. and everything else looks good to go.
For core i5 :
Intel Core i5 750 @ 10.5k
Gigabyte P55M-UD2 @ 7k.

Yes you will have a better rig in many aspects. However Intel IGP sucks. So you won't be able to game hard till you get your GPU. While the AMD IGP lets you play most games at low res full details. Don't get core i5 with Intel mobo as its useless to pay 6.5k for a basic non oc mobo. Better get the Gigabyte one or wait for it to be in stock.

Alternatively, if you are willing to buy online, www.lynx-india.com
www.theitwares.com
are good places to go to.

Last edited:

smltngs

Broken In
i only want to play games at 1280x1024 resolution with all settings high.
will the 5750 be enough ?
my cpu+mobo budget cant exceed 11k.
if i go for 785g mobo for 5k should i go for MSI or GIGABYTE.
suggest me a good UPS for 3k.

+1 to desii. Go for AMD config at that budget. Besides, you will need a good GPU to complement the core i5 and IMO more than 25k will be used up in CPU+RAM+MOBO+PSU. I suggest Exodus tech as the guy assembles your PC with good cable management too.
Posted again:

Replace mobo with GA-MA785GMT-UD2H @ 5.5k
Proc is good. and everything else looks good to go.
For core i5 :
Intel Core i5 750 @ 10.5k
Gigabyte P55M-UD2 @ 7k.

Yes you will have a better rig in many aspects. However Intel IGP sucks. So you won't be able to game hard till you get your GPU. While the AMD IGP lets you play most games at low res full details. Don't get core i5 with Intel mobo as its useless to pay 6.5k for a basic non oc mobo. Better get the Gigabyte one or wait for it to be in stock.

Alternatively, if you are willing to buy online, www.lynx-india.com
www.theitwares.com
are good places to go to.

thanks krow...

will the vx450 be able to handle the 5770? and how man internal HDDs can i add on to my comp.

also what sort of delivery/shipping charges does lynx-india charge?

smltngs

Broken In

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

AFAIK 5750 is not VFM. Go for Gigabyte 785GM one @ 5.4k or MSI K9A2GM-FIH @ 4.2k.... For proccy get Phenom II X2 550 @ 5.2 k..

For gfx card, get HD4870 1GB.... I dunno the performance abt the 5750 but i do know what 4870 can able to do.... :D

punkkummander

Broken In
can th biostar ta785ge 128m unlock th phenom ii 550 be? if not then which is the cheapest board that can do so? please give th cheapest ddr2 and ddr3 options

Krow

Crowman
thanks krow...

will the vx450 be able to handle the 5770? and how man internal HDDs can i add on to my comp.

Yes, the VX450W will be able to handle the 5770 with as many HDD's as you want to add. I doubt you will have more than 5 HDD's anyway. WD Green is a low power consuming HDD. You can go for it if you are worried about power consumption.

I have no clue about the shipping and delivery charges. If you want to contact Amarbir, then you can find him at www.lynx-india.com or www.techenclave.com/dealers-paradise
His ID is Amarbir[Chandigarh] at techenclave.

5750 is overpriced @ 9k. It is good at about 7.5k. But I suggest you wait out for the GPU market to settle (about a couple of months) before you buy. The AMD IGP can play almost all games at 800x600 easily.

AFAIK 5750 is not VFM. Go for Gigabyte 785GM one @ 5.4k or MSI K9A2GM-FIH @ 4.2k.... For proccy get Phenom II X2 550 @ 5.2 k..

For gfx card, get HD4870 1GB.... I dunno the performance abt the 5750 but i do know what 4870 can able to do.... :D
That MSI board is a DDR2 one mate. I wont recommend overpriced DDR2 to anyone. Rams are for 2k for 2GB DDR2 :shock: Besides, DDR3 is future proof as of now.

I suggest the Gigabyte 785GMT-UD2H @ 5.5k as it supports DDR3 RAM at a clock higher than 1333MHz too, unlike the MSI 785GM E65 @ 5.2k.

Alternatively, for the processor, you may have a look at the Athlon II X4 620 @ 5.5k.

smltngs

Broken In
which processor is better in gaming perspective.
athlon II X4 620 or Phenom II X2 550 BE.
and pls suggest me a good UPS for 3k.
and wat is the price of DDR3 1600 now.
Posted again:
which processor is better in gaming perspective.
athlon II X4 620 or Phenom II X2 550 BE.
and pls suggest me a good UPS for 3k.
and wat is the price of DDR3 1600 now.

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
for prices, check www.lynx-india.com (all prices are without tax).

Phenom II X2 550 is better today from gaming perspective. But you better get Athlon II X4 620 as more and more games will support multi core rendering in the future. Its totally your call, both processors are excellent.

stonecaper

SuperMASSiVE
Actually my 3 year old D101GGC's Keyboard connector is not working.I dont have a secondary rig so I need it Badly.Thnx In advance

So please tell me a good AMD Config.It will be used for casual gaming.
I need:
1.Proccy
2.MOBO
3.Cabby
4.PSU
5.RAM
6.Monitor
7.GPU

Budget is 25k.Willing to wait till Jan
Posted again:
Actually my 3 year old D101GGC's Keyboard connector is not working.I dont have a secondary rig so I need it Badly.Thnx In advance

I need:
1.Proccy
2.MOBO
3.Cabby
4.PSU
5.RAM
6.Monitor
7.GPU

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman

I need:
1.Proccy
2.MOBO
3.Cabby
4.PSU
5.RAM
6.Monitor
7.GPU

What are you going to use this rig for?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
thanks krow...

Yea, the VX450 will handle your requirements easily. But as experts here have suggested, it would be better to go for a high end 4xxx series..something like 4870 or 4890. The 5xxx is way to overpriced (yea ATI is having a ball), due to low supply -- very high demand.

Lynx Delivery:
On the website it is listed as ~Rs. 1500. But depending on the town you want the stuff, Amarbir gives better delivery options. For example he delivered by whole rig (no monitor) + CM690 to New Delhi for around rs 250 or something.....

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

I need:
1.Proccy
2.MOBO
3.Cabby
4.PSU
5.RAM
6.Monitor
7.GPU

Posted again:

I need:
1.Proccy
2.MOBO
3.Cabby
4.PSU
5.RAM
6.Monitor
7.GPU

if you are willing to wait till Jan, then wait till Jan. here is the config if you want to purchase now:

1.Proccy : Athlon II X2 250
2.MOBO: MSI's 785G chipset based board
3.Cabby : CM Elite 331 or Zebronics bijli
4.PSU : Corsair VX450W or Gigabyte 460W PSU
5.RAM: 2x2Gb Transcend DDR3 1333MHz
6.Monitor : Samsung 2233SW or Dell 2209W
7.GPU : none for now.

salilrane

.........Access Denied!!!
Friends i want to set up a rig plz do help me regarding the same

motherboard + processor = 9k
Ram 2 gb
Cabinet + smps = 3.5k
GPU (mostly 4850)= 7k
Hard disk 500 Gb
Dvd writer
Hdmi cable 1.5 meters
DVI to Hdmi

my purpose is surfing ,playing movies and games on my 42" LG LCD.

prices that i have give are the limits upto which i can go

i want to limit pricing of rig to 30k.without LCD, Speakers.

plz suggest both AMD as well as INTEL config.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom