Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^

:-? No one can change the fate....

Awesome dude, just ask everyone to google for the solution and not post anything in TD. it'll make the forum looks like a clean slate... :D (I hope, this is not what you want).

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Athlon II X4 620: 5.5k
Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H:5k-5.5k
2x2GB Transcend DDR3 1333MHz DDR3

WD Blue/Green 1TB HDD
Samsung DVD burner
CM Elite 335 cabinet
Corsair VX450W
Logitech optical mouse and wireless keyboard
Samsung 2233SW or Dell 2209W

Graphics card: wait till ATI reduces prices on HD57xx series cards. till then onboard 785G should do.

The mobo you suggested ie GA-MA785GM-US2H supports only DDR2
*www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Spec.aspx?ProductID=3141

Be careful while suggesting. If he ie etaha already got his components we will have a hard time to change those.

Last edited:

smltngs

Broken In
hello everybody,
i want to buy a new CPU.
i want to play games at 1280x1024 resolution with high settings.
i dont need a monitor,dvd writer or a graphics card.(i am waiting for ati 5750..)
my budget is 25k.suggest me a good config.i prefer AMD.
thanks.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
hello everybody,
i want to buy a new CPU.
i want to play games at 1280x1024 resolution with high settings.
i dont need a monitor,dvd writer or a graphics card.(i am waiting for ati 5750..)
my budget is 25k.suggest me a good config.i prefer AMD.
thanks.

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Then what for these forums are? :evil: Krow, you're just doing this from past few days itself. No one in the world knows everything. Even i was a n00b before i entered into this forum. But now, its not. So a post count of more than 1000 doesn't make you the master.

If he doesn't know a thing about assembling, you better try to help or just leave his post.

We all get a solution if we google it hard. And even in search results, most of the solutions where only from forums.

So stop acting like a genius. If you wanna help him,do it. if not,
etaha had a couple of general questions. IMHO Google is the best friend for them.

Krow

Crowman
@ punk yes it can. But I would not recommend it if you plan to add a GPU later on. For a cheaper alternative to VX450W, Tagan TG500U37 @ 3.2k and CM Real Power Pro 460W @ 3.5k.
Posted again:
i guess now the first posts needs to be updated again it has been since 28-07-2008 that it's updated... :D
I guess first poster has long left the forum like many others.

Last edited:

jedy

Broken In
Hi All,

I am planning to assemble a multipurpose pc for my home. My requirements are

1.Planning to install windows 7, windows vista and ubuntu Linux.

2.I will be using VMware workstation on that, so it will have to run many VMware slides simultaneously e.g. win2008,win2003 server and xp clients
for learning purpose.

3.Planning to buy LG monitor TV full hd with hdmi port so my pc should be used as HTPC to watch HD-dvd and Blue ray movies

4.I play games so it should support all mid range games

5.Few graphics software's like 3d studio max and Maya (learning only)

For HTPC I need the motherboard with HDMI port becoz of my tight budget I might go for graphics card in future.

I came across a Asus motherboard M4A785G HTPC/RC for HTPC configuration (*asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=vhi75jnBeZVzizh0). What do you guys say about this mobo and what will be the cost and does this support all my other needs. Also shortlisted ASUS M3N78-EM. or any other mobo for the above mentioned requirements. Please suggest

Which processor shud I go for : Intel or AMD ? If AMD which one is good Athlon2 or phenom2 ?

I seek advice from all you experts in this forum to build a pc which should meet all my requirements and please suggest me a good configuration within budget. My pc shud not be outdated soon.

friends please review my query and help me to buy a components based on my requirement... please i need to buy this in a week time

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
most importantly, what's your budget.

if you are going for Intel, remember that not all processors support h/w virtualization and you need to be picky. for AMD, all the processors supports h/w based virtualization.

for GPU, a HD4850 or GTS250 should do or even a 9600GT should do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom