Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedy

Broken In
most importantly, what's your budget.

if you are going for Intel, remember that not all processors support h/w virtualization and you need to be picky. for AMD, all the processors supports h/w based virtualization.

for GPU, a HD4850 or GTS250 should do or even a 9600GT should do.

@desibond : thats what my confusion in picking the right proccy :sad: my budget is 35k including lcd monitor . so please show me the right way

whats ur opinion abt AMD Phenom II 550BE or shud i consider Athlon II x4 630 for quad core feature ??? will both the cpu suitable for HTPC too ? and what mobo goes well with them (hdmi and HD audio) ? Hope u can clear all my doubts.

If i have to go for Intel whats ur suggestion ?

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
It matters somewhat. But not that you should worry. It matters at higher frequencies. For a quad which is a very good overclocker and at a price of 5.5k, nothing beats it!

etaha

Broken In
@rajkumar_pb thnx nd btw u r waaaaaay off ven u say 'dude'...

@desiibond , @topgear thanx 4 d list . i havnt bought nythin yet . im not goin 2 get ny stuff unless im satisfied that its gonna b perfect.

@ico i know a few of dem r general ques...but all i needed ws suggestions for a configuration.period.

@Krow first google doesnt giv a complete picture.second can u read?? my REQUEST starts wid "i need a rig..." ends wid "help" . its not practical to go thru ALL the posts jst so i cud get my ans...HONEY, do me a favour DONT try 2 HELP *chokes* the next unsuspecting "noob" . boy all that quoting nd requoting...u hv issues.

Krow

Crowman
Thank you Dr. etaha for the quick diagnosis. You sure do need some common sense. If desii suggested a brilliant rig for you, then why should I bother posting the same one again?

/me wonders how one can't Google for GPU and difference between ddr2 and ddr3.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@Raj: Be careful when you are 'duding'...!

@Krow: Be careful when you are spreading your wings about Googling...!

:)

We got to be a bit sensitive to new comers, takes a while to get used to the TDF culture.....!

etaha

Broken In
@Krow i didnt ask U for help now did i?
amazing how ppl can b so rude when u ask for help IN QUOTES !
i didnt mean it as an insult UNLIKE you.i ws merely pointing out.

u most certainly have issues.

Krow

Crowman
@Raj: Be careful when you are 'duding'...!

@Krow: Be careful when you are spreading your wings about Googling...!

:)

We got to be a bit sensitive to new comers, takes a while to get used to the TDF culture.....!
Hmmm yeah you got a point there buddy. :)

@Krow i didnt ask U for help now did i?
amazing how ppl can b so rude when u ask for help IN QUOTES !
i didnt mean it as an insult UNLIKE you.i ws merely pointing out.

u most certainly have issues.
Yes, as I said previously thank you doc. If you want to take that as an insult, then fine go ahead with it. Anyway, just a small reminder, if you read my original post (which caused rajkumar to flame like a fire :p ),

@ etaha Use Google for most of your queries, then post back. We'll help you out after that
I don't see how this is rude. If you did not understand this, then it means, first Google, all your questions should be answered. If you are unable to find something after that, we are here to help you out. If this is insulting to you, then let me know. We'll decide who has issues. :lol:

Krow

Crowman
@Krow gotcha...but dont tell me u ver trying 2 help...
See, maybe its not the best way to greet a person by asking them to google, but that's how things work. If we tell you some basic things about everything, then it will be a part of what professional websites can tell you. It will be only a miniscule portion about anything that you want to know. Instead if you use Google, you might just end up finding something which we don't know already. You will have the freedom to choose which sources to take your answer from and also, you will get much more detailed answers.

Now, if you want help, we are always there. And if you tell me to paralyse you by spoonfeeding all the answers, then I am sorry, that's not the way I function. It will help you and not me if you Google and find deeper answers to your queries.

Anyways, I still stand by my original post and am available to help. :)

etaha

Broken In
@rajkumar_pb :oops: i didnt mean it like that...
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
@Krow i'll keep that in mind...no forgetting...i promise...

XOXO

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@all Pissing contest competitors:

Lets stop this pissing contest. Points have been made and understood.

Lets call it PEACE. Please.

smltngs

Broken In
Need help in buying a new config.
i am buying this config to play games.
i have decided on buying the following config:

AMD phenom II X2 550BE
785g chipset motherboard
4GB RAM DDR3
1TB seagate 7200.12
i am thinking of getting ati 5850 graphics card.
i have a few queries:
1.suggest me an affordable PSU for 4K.
2.does seagate drives have problems.
3.which ddr3 should i buy i.e 1300 or1600.what is their price now.
4.suggest me good 785g mobo for 5k.
5.should i wait for nvidia's cards or go for 5850.
6.should i go for 550BE or athlon II X4.my processor budget is 6k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom