Not open for further replies.

Krow

Crowman
Proccy : Phenom X4 955 @ 13.5k / X4 940 @ 10.3k
Mobo : GA-MA790FX-DS5 @ 11.5k / ASUS M4A78T-E @9.2k / MSI 790GX-G65 @ 7.3k
Monitor : Samsung 22" @ 10k / Dell 22" @ 10.5k / Dell 24" @ 14.5k
PSU : Corsair CMPSU650TX @ 7k / Tagan BZ700 @ 7.5k
HDD : WD 1TB @ 4.2k / Seagate 1TB @ 4.2k

AMD 955 BE costs 9.5k now. X4 940 has been marked EOL and X4 945 is for 8.5k. :D
1TB Seagate is for 3.9k here. :)
I am for the MSI board. :)
HX620W @ 7.4k is a good modular option.
Dell S2409W @ 13k here.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^ As it is, the prices we quote are not set in stone.

They will vary region to region, unless the user picks them from the website we recommend. But I have noticed, people are still scared to purchase from websites in India.

ironfreak

Journeyman
Hey guys, sorry for interrupting the discussion... Can somebody suggest me a good UPS for my config ?? Back-up time is not important. Only it should be sufficient for my current config and future upgrades.

Thanks in advance.:)

Krow

Crowman
^^ As it is, the prices we quote are not set in stone.
Yup, they can get lower anytime. :p
They will vary region to region, unless the user picks them from the website we recommend. But I have noticed, people are still scared to purchase from websites in India.
Agreed. No one trusts online vendors easily.

jedy

Broken In
Hi All,

I am planning to assemble a multipurpose pc for my home. My requirements are

1.Planning to install windows 7, windows vista and ubuntu Linux.

2.I will be using VMware workstation on that, so it will have to run many VMware slides simultaneously e.g. win2008,win2003 server and xp clients
for learning purpose.

3.Planning to buy LG monitor TV full hd with hdmi port so my pc should be used as HTPC to watch HD-dvd and Blue ray movies

4.I play games so it should support all mid range games

5.Few graphics software's like 3d studio max and Maya (learning only)

For HTPC I need the motherboard with HDMI port becoz of my tight budget I might go for graphics card in future.

I came across a Asus motherboard M4A785G HTPC/RC for HTPC configuration (*asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=vhi75jnBeZVzizh0). What do you guys say about this mobo and what will be the cost and does this support all my other needs. Also shortlisted ASUS M3N78-EM. or any other mobo for the above mentioned requirements. Please suggest

Which processor shud I go for : Intel or AMD ? If AMD which one is good Athlon2 or phenom2 ?

I seek advice from all you experts in this forum to build a pc which should meet all my requirements and please suggest me a good configuration within budget. My pc shud not be outdated soon.

etaha

Broken In
i need a rig
for gaming/movies/entertainment etc
good performance
long lasting
and won't burn a whole in my pocket
a friend suggested this--->
AMD phenom II or XFX
intel quad core processor/dual core/core to duo
2X2gb ddr2 ram 1200mhz(wts da diff bw ddr2 n ddr3?)
desert master for a pc cabinet(i don't remember which one)
which graphics card to go for?nvidia or ati?what's GPU?
what is a crossfire technology?
what kind of monitor/input devices to go for? Could you suggest a compatible rig with model numbers and prices?30-40k?also can 1 upgrade or buy everythin new whenever something much faster, better comes along?

I REALLY dunno a thing abt assembling.
Reason for wanting to buy an assembled 1?it's for my (creepy) brother. i , myself am going safe with an HP laptop.

Help!

punkkummander

Broken In
hey i have a budget of 40k for a gaming only pc. pls suggest as am a noob.i need components to be future proof( 3 years). no dvd writer and speakers required. thanks

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Athlon II X4 620: 5.5k
Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H
2x2GB Transcend DDR3 1333MHz DDR3
WD Blue/Green 1TB HDD
Samsung DVD burner
CM Elite 335 cabinet
Corsair VX450W
Logitech optical mouse and wireless keyboard
Samsung 2233SW or Dell 2209W

Graphics card: wait till ATI reduces prices on HD57xx series cards. till then onboard 785G should do.

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@ etaha Use Google for most of your queries, then post back. We'll help you out after that

Then what for these forums are? :evil: Krow, you're just doing this from past few days itself. No one in the world knows everything. Even i was a n00b before i entered into this forum. But now, its not. So a post count of more than 1000 doesn't make you the master.

If he doesn't know a thing about assembling, you better try to help or just leave his post.

We all get a solution if we google it hard. And even in search results, most of the solutions where only from forums.

So stop acting like a genius. If you wanna help him,do it. if not, then leave it aside

@etaha

Go for what desiibond suggests.. Fits perfect for your budget.. :D

i need a rig
for gaming/movies/entertainment etc
good performance
long lasting
and won't burn a whole in my pocket
a friend suggested this--->
AMD phenom II or XFX
intel quad core processor/dual core/core to duo
2X2gb ddr2 ram 1200mhz(wts da diff bw ddr2 n ddr3?)
desert master :D for a pc cabinet(i don't remember which one)
which graphics card to go for?nvidia or ati?what's GPU?
what is a crossfire technology?
what kind of monitor/input devices to go for? Could you suggest a compatible rig with model numbers and prices?30-40k?also can 1 upgrade or buy everythin new whenever something much faster, better comes along?

I REALLY dunno a thing abt assembling.
Reason for wanting to buy an assembled 1?it's for my (creepy) brother. i , myself am going safe with an HP laptop.

Help!

Its coolermaster dude... :D

ATI CrossFire is a brand name for ATI Technologies' multi-GPU solution. The technology allows up to four graphics cards to be used in a single computer to improve graphics performance.

Its better you buy as new, as intel starts ignoring LGA775 and moving towards i5/i7 and so on with AMD.So newer is always better....

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
Then what for these forums are? :evil: Krow, you're just doing this from past few days itself. No one in the world knows everything. Even i was a n00b before i entered into this forum. But now, its not. So a post count of more than 1000 doesn't make you the master.
I have not said anywhere that I am the master, nor have I ridiculed his post anywhere. Read this if you did not already. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12964

Another symptom of this error is getting the following answer:

"You question has been answered a zillion times. Please use a decent search engine
and/or search our archives before posting any future questions"

or
"RTFM"
"STFW"
"Google is your best friend"

and others.

If he doesn't know a thing about assembling, you better try to help or just leave his
post.
Yes, I will do whatever you tell me to from now on. You are ruler of this planet alright.
We all get a solution if we google it hard. And even in search results, most of the solutions where only from forums.
Ah yes, since you are genius enough to know that, thank you for enlightening the world with your great knowledge.
So stop acting like a genius. If you wanna help him,do it. if not, then leave it aside
Hmmmm..... Thank you Einstein. I will from now on listen to the great mind behind your enormous skull. I will do your bidding and you shall rule each and every one of my actions.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^

You'd better spend the time instead quoting all these facts, into helping him to know what he doesn't.. :D . It'd atleast helped him. But now, its of no use...

FYI I read the post even before you... :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom