Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
hmm. i think this one costs around 6k-7k.

for a 20k budget, better look at P43 (no onboard GPU) and G31 (with onboard GPU)

abyss88

Broken In
what would u suggest for 20k
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
my friend already has a graphics card and a sound card so thats not an issue

Last edited:

abyss88

Broken In
after a lot of searching i've decided to tell my friend to buy this: for 20k

intel core 2 duo e 7500= rs 5800
dvd writer(LG) = rs 1200
500 gb WD HDD =rs 2700
MOBO=?????
RAM 4GB 800 Mhz (any local brand)= rs 3200 (he did not agree to cut down on 4 gb) :evil:
Cooler master cabinet elite 332 with 390W PSU= rs 3005

help me with the mobo guys plzzz. which has a pci-e 2.0 slot.
also my friend owns a 8600 gts gfx card is the power supply ok for that?

total budget is 20k

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
after a lot of searching i've decided to tell my friend to buy this: for 20k

intel core 2 duo e 7500= rs 5800
dvd writer(LG) = rs 1200
500 gb WD HDD =rs 2700
MOBO=?????
RAM 4GB 800 Mhz (any local brand)= rs 3200 (he did not agree to cut down on 4 gb) :evil:
Cooler master cabinet elite 332 with 390W PSU= rs 3005

help me with the mobo guys plzzz. which has a pci-e 2.0 slot.
also my friend owns a 8600 gts gfx card is the power supply ok for that?

total budget is 20k
gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3L
asus P5Q-VM
MSI P45 Neo-F

tkin

Back to school!!
A bit offtopic but is the profile picture upload system broken? After changing the picture the new image is shown on the edit profile image tab but when I click save it shows file uploading failed!!!!!!

Krow

Crowman
I recently changed my avatar, but not profile pic, so no clue as of now. Will check later and report by today evening.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
^^ it cud hav timed out or so....do u hav a slow connection or poor uploading from ISP????^^^^^^

but mabe it's temporary..try it again and tell us..

tkin

Back to school!!
^^ it cud hav timed out or so....do u hav a slow connection or poor uploading from ISP????^^^^^^

but mabe it's temporary..try it again and tell us..
OK, its done, actually it uploads(both avatar and profile pic) but the system reports that it has failed the uploading, like that time when posting quick messages gave false errors.

Krow

Crowman
Guys I need a pen drive now. So I am getting this deal on TE for Corsair Flash Voyager 16GB for Rs. 1750. 8GB is for 900 bucks. How is this deal? Also, any other pen drives you can recommend? In the same price range please.

Deal : *www.techenclave.com/dealers-paradise/corsair-pen-drives-8-gb-900-a-140275.html

tkin

Back to school!!
Guys I need a pen drive now. So I am getting this deal on TE for Corsair Flash Voyager 16GB for Rs. 1750. 8GB is for 900 bucks. How is this deal? Also, any other pen drives you can recommend? In the same price range please.

Deal : *www.techenclave.com/dealers-paradise/corsair-pen-drives-8-gb-900-a-140275.html
Well the prices are right, but the 16GB should be a sweeter deal if its the Flash Voyager GT model, it's almost 3x faster than regular(incl. normal Corsair models) pen drives. read the reviews on Google for Flash Voyager GT and you will know.

Krow

Crowman
Damn! The GT is for minimum 2.3k in Mumbai based websites. Erm, I checked lynx website and its for 2153 without tax. So that works out to about 2240 with tax and shipping will make it the same right? About 2.3k I mean.

Any place I can find this drive cheaper? 2.3k is too much IMO, even for the performance. Any other brands/deals you guys would like to recommend?

tkin

Back to school!!
Damn! The GT is for minimum 2.3k in Mumbai based websites. Erm, I checked lynx website and its for 2153 without tax. So that works out to about 2240 with tax and shipping will make it the same right? About 2.3k I mean.

Any place I can find this drive cheaper? 2.3k is too much IMO, even for the performance. Any other brands/deals you guys would like to recommend?
No, corsair is best.

Krow

Crowman
^^^Know any place where the GT is cheaper? Yes the reviews say something like this : Flash Voyager = 94 seconds, GT = 32 seconds. Whoa!

tkin

Back to school!!
^^^Know any place where the GT is cheaper? Yes the reviews say something like this : Flash Voyager = 94 seconds, GT = 32 seconds. Whoa!
Nope, sorry, searched everywhere and bought one for my friend for 2.2k in kolkata 3 months ago.

Krow

Crowman
^Thanks for the help mate. So the GT it is then that I must buy. Need it to play HD movies off my DVD player. I want to avoid putting in my treasured original DVD's in there. :) Also, the usual data transfer is also an issue. But may not be able to convince higher authorities for 2.3k, so I'd better stall till I can, what say? Worth the wait?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
A smooth DVD playback does not need more than 6MB per second as far as I know.
If you want better read spped then a plain flash voyager ( using one 8G model currently ) will do as it can give you read speed of around 32MB/sec and write speed of 8-12MB/sec for sequental files :p

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@Krow, I have played movies from my friends DVD players using cheap Transcend value line flash player. paying something around 1500 bucks for 8gig is okay but not more than that for just movie playback.

Krow

Crowman
Thanks for replies guys, I also need something for data transfer as my friend's HDD (1TB WD Green) is my primary backup. So, dumping large quantities of files at his place is always a PITA with his Transcend 4GB and my 2GB. Anyway, the thing is that the GT is a bit too much for 2.3k. I'll look for some deals online. About 1.9-2k seems reasonable.

How are the deals for the Corsair drives? 8GB=900 and 16GB=1750. I want to buy it because it is rubber and hence very rough and tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom