Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krow

Crowman
^^ no , i dont. i've a spare 17' screen . ..

what if i take 2gb transcend instead of 4gb corsair ram ?
Settle for 2GB Corsair RAM for now. It should be 2k. so 2k saved. Good? You can save up 2k and buy the other 2GB later right? Just remember to keep your system light. Don't overload it with apps that hog bandwidth. Use CCleaner and keep registry cleaned too.

Suggest a Gaming Rig - max 42k for a friend????? Except Speakers !!!
AMD Phenom II X2 550BE @ 5.5k OR AMD Phenom II X3 720BE @ 6.5k OR AMD Athlon II X4 620 @ 5.5k
ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO @ 7k
Samsung 2233SW @ 9k
DVD RW, Kbd 1.5k
Logitech MX-518 @ 1.8k
Corsair VX450W or Tagan TG600-U37 @ 4k
CM Elite 330 @ 1.8k

Save the remaining money and wait for HD5770 prices to decrease to 10k and get it. Else, get Palit GTX260 SONIC @ 10.5k

Ei8t

Journeyman
Settle for 2GB Corsair RAM for now. It should be 2k. so 2k saved. Good? You can save up 2k and buy the other 2GB later right? Just remember to keep your system light. Don't overload it with apps that hog bandwidth. Use CCleaner and keep registry cleaned too.

AMD Phenom II X2 550BE @ 5.5k OR AMD Phenom II X3 720BE @ 6.5k OR AMD Athlon II X4 620 @ 5.5k
ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO @ 7k
Samsung 2233SW @ 9k
DVD RW, Kbd 1.5k
Logitech MX-518 @ 1.8k
Corsair VX450W or Tagan TG600-U37 @ 4k
CM Elite 330 @ 1.8k

Save the remaining money and wait for HD5770 prices to decrease to 10k and get it. Else, get Palit GTX260 SONIC @ 10.5k

Thanks but he needs 19" due to less space :-|!!! Any other phenom proccy you recommend?????

Krow

Crowman
Less space? IMO 22" and 19" will occupy more or less the same amount of space, give or take 3-5" here and there. Anyway, if you say so, get the Samsung 2033SW @ 7k or Dell E1909W @ 6.7k. Damn, I forgot the HDD, WD Blue 500GB @ 2.5k.

Err... the phenom processors I recommended are great for gaming. Other than that the Phenom II X4 945 is for 9.2k, Its a great quad core and much more future proof.

itisravishankar

tech master
AMD has launched a new processor - AMD Athlon x3 435. It nearly matches phenom x3 720 in performance and should be available at 4.8k shortly. A really good deal for budget minded gamers.

mumblehere

On The Game
bit off topic, yet need advice regarding battery backup

having a p4 basic system with 5.1 speakers (no gfx card, 1 hdd)

im having apc 650. need backup of at least 5 hours on approx 50% load on above system.
which battery shall i go for b/w 5-8k, model?
specifically, any prob with apc ups with battery?

(not planning to go with smartups, hence it ll b too much for me)

:grin:

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

OK. thanks a lot. I'll try that. If i cant manage it , then i'll settle for GTS250. Any specific brand for it ? i dont want XFX since i've too many heating issues with xfx 8600GT.

And could you suggest a dvd drive that wont make too much sound ? i dont mind lower speed ( >= 16x ) and i dont need lightscribe.

tkin

Back to school!!
OK. thanks a lot. I'll try that. If i cant manage it , then i'll settle for GTS250. Any specific brand for it ? i dont want XFX since i've too many heating issues with xfx 8600GT.

And could you suggest a dvd drive that wont make too much sound ? i dont mind lower speed ( >= 16x ) and i dont need lightscribe.
Palit is the best GPU brand in India. good build quality, good warranty and very VFM.

I use LG and Samsung, both are quiet, but Samsung is a bit more quiet.

tkin

Back to school!!
thanks. i'll go for samsung. any specific model ?

oh and the lg model too in case i cant get the samsung.
Samsung Model is SH-S223B
LG Model is GH22-NS30

Both are Sata drives and should cost 1050-1100/- for open box products.

Boxed products are hard to find and costs 25-50/- more, includes SATA power cables and an extra front panel bezel of different colour.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

those issues were more due to faulty 8600GT design and that was a reason why XFX entered ATI market too as nvidia exclusivity was killing their reputation.

These are good brands for nvidia cards:

evga
xfx
palit
gigabyte
asus
msi

for ati cards:

sapphire
xfx
powercolor

abyss88

Broken In
hi friends...my friend wants to buy a computer for around 20k..he says it should have an intel core 2 duo 2.5 ghz or above, 4gb ddr2 ram @ 800 mhz , 500gb HDD, any dvd writer, cabinet and a motherboard which has a pci 2.0 slot and supports upto 8 gb ram. please suggest some models..plz dont suggest AMD processor..noobs dont understand what amd is all about :wink:

Krow

Crowman
^Why don't you ask him to buy what he likes to instead of asking us then? Anyway he is a noob, so I'd rather let him be one then help him buy an underperforming older rig.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
Samsung Model is SH-S223B
LG Model is GH22-NS30

Both are Sata drives and should cost 1050-1100/- for open box products.

Boxed products are hard to find and costs 25-50/- more, includes SATA power cables and an extra front panel bezel of different colour.

thanks.

those issues were more due to faulty 8600GT design and that was a reason why XFX entered ATI market too as nvidia exclusivity was killing their reputation.

These are good brands for nvidia cards:

evga
xfx
palit
gigabyte
asus
msi

for ati cards:

sapphire
xfx
powercolor

thanks again.
then why is that galaxy 8600GT which my friend bought ran cooler(still does) than my xfx 8600GT ? But kudos to XFX for build quality. Even though it reaches 85C , i've never had a stability issue.
Nevertheless xfx seems to demand a price premium. Given my budget constraints , i'll go for the cheapest card from among the cards u've listed.

abyss88

Broken In
^Why don't you ask him to buy what he likes to instead of asking us then? Anyway he is a noob, so I'd rather let him be one then help him buy an underperforming older rig.

i wouldnt do that to a friend. plz suggest something in that range.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
thanks.

thanks again.
then why is that galaxy 8600GT which my friend bought ran cooler(still does) than my xfx 8600GT ? But kudos to XFX for build quality. Even though it reaches 85C , i've never had a stability issue.
Nevertheless xfx seems to demand a price premium. Given my budget constraints , i'll go for the cheapest card from among the cards u've listed.

well, Palit is the VFM card. also, it's not just Palit, lot of laptop manufacturers reported heating issues and possibility of damage, which resulted in nvidia recalling 8600GT chips. not sure what happened after that whether they fixed the issue or not.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
hi friends...my friend wants to buy a computer for around 20k..he says it should have an intel core 2 duo 2.5 ghz or above, 4gb ddr2 ram @ 800 mhz , 500gb HDD, any dvd writer, cabinet and a motherboard which has a pci 2.0 slot and supports upto 8 gb ram. please suggest some models..plz dont suggest AMD processor..noobs dont understand what amd is all about :wink:

only choice here seems to be E7500

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.