Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krow

Crowman
^No clue about the keyboard, but did you check the shops I mentioned @ Lamington? I too need a kbd and mouse but cant buy now. Plz let me know what you buy. :)

ironfreak

Journeyman
^^^
No actually. My cousin decided to buy here itself at Pune... so we cancelled our Lamington trip...:D

Ok my keyboard hunt goes and I came across these two-

i-Ball Soft Touch MM Black-USB
and
Dell USB keyboard

I don't think Dell will be available in India as its not on their Indian site. Iball keyboard looks cool at 500 bucks. Seems to be total vfm product.

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Logitech Multimedia Keyboard + Mouse! 0.7k.

Best buy! iBall Keyboards are pathetic especially the low priced one's! They key alphabets and digits go away after a year of rigorous use!

ironfreak

Journeyman
Im now in serious dilemma of keyboard. Main requirements are-

1) USB
2) Windows 7 and Mac OS compatibility
3) Wired

Im willing to increase budget till 1200-1300 rupees. Im confused between-

Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000
Microsoft Digital Media Pro Keyboard
Logitech NewTouch™ Keyboard 200 - USB

Can somebody tell the prices of all these ?

mumblehere

On The Game
off topic, but help needed :mrgreen:

cud some1 suggest me a good computer chair, with brand and model, as im confused between different things to keep in mind by searchin google.

if any1 using it and feels better, plz mention the brand and model. wud be really helpful.

ps, im b4 the comp for at least 10 hrs a day.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
off topic, but help needed :mrgreen:

cud some1 suggest me a good computer chair, with brand and model, as im confused between different things to keep in mind by searchin google.

if any1 using it and feels better, plz mention the brand and model. wud be really helpful.

ps, im b4 the comp for at least 10 hrs a day.

Budget ! ???

vampiredevil

Hell is Ma PlayGround
Hi Guys,

My current config for MB, Processor and RAM is
ASUS A8N-VM
AMD 3200 at 2.2Ghz
Zion 2GB DDR 400Mhz
GeForce 9600GT 512 MB

I want to upgrade it as i seriously wanna play GTA IV and my current 9600GT card is cryin on this above combo:???::???::???:

After some intial lookup n dis thread im thinkin of getting the followin config
Core i5-750
Gigabyte P55 motherboard
OCZ 1333MHz DDR3 2x2Gb
GeForce 9600GT 512 MB(Not upgrading this)

Also Techalomaniac suggested me before that i can also go for this config also:
Athlon II X4 620
ASUS M785-EVO mobo
OCZ 1333MHz DDR3 2x2Gb

Will one of these will be more future proof and with smooth gameplay for GTA IV (I am a die hard fan of GTA :mrgreen:)

Also can any1 suggest me any place in Bangalore wer i can exchange my current config for the new one!!!!!

Thanks,
Anup

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Hi Guys,

My current config for MB, Processor and RAM is
ASUS A8N-VM
AMD 3200 at 2.2Ghz
Zion 2GB DDR 400Mhz
GeForce 9600GT 512 MB

I want to upgrade it as i seriously wanna play GTA IV and my current 9600GT card is cryin on this above combo:???::???::???:

After some intial lookup n dis thread im thinkin of getting the followin config
Core i5-750
Gigabyte P55 motherboard
OCZ 1333MHz DDR3 2x2Gb
GeForce 9600GT 512 MB(Not upgrading this)

Also Techalomaniac suggested me before that i can also go for this config also:
Athlon II X4 620
ASUS M785-EVO mobo
OCZ 1333MHz DDR3 2x2Gb

Will one of these will be more future proof and with smooth gameplay for GTA IV (I am a die hard fan of GTA :mrgreen:)

Also can any1 suggest me any place in Bangalore wer i can exchange my current config for the new one!!!!!

Thanks,
Anup

i heard that GTA 4 is CPU dependant and among those two, I strongly recommend core i5 configuration. It's lot lot faster than X4 630

Krow

Crowman
@vampiredevil If yu can afford it, get is the Core i5 mantra. I second desii. But it will cost u 10.5k for proccy. GTA IV is heavily CPU dependent and ur gfx card is more than enuf to run it.

vampiredevil

Hell is Ma PlayGround
Guyz thnks 4 al ur suggestions....
Think dis i5 config is going litl way above my budget (Recently bought a 5800XM @14.2..So nw budget limit dropped) :razz:

Nywaz thinkin of getin dis Proccy:AMD Phenom II X4 810 QuadCore Processor 2.6GHz. And a mob 4 around 6K + 2X2GB DDR3 ram for 6K...
But a quick question though- will this Processor be better dan 620??Googled a lot bt didnt find ny gud comparisions between des two...Request u 2 provide me some link or update on dis b4 i go get d stuff

@desiibond: please tell me wer in Banglr can i get my old config exchanged 4 d new one....???

Anup

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Athlon II X4 is neck to neck compared with Q8200. Phenom II X4 810 performs slightly better.

tkin

Back to school!!
My friend wants to buy a very cheap gaming PC, so here's what I gave him, what do you think guys?

AMD Phenom X4 620=5.5-6k
Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-US2H=4.5-5k
Palit 9600GT 512MB DDR3/256bit=4.5-5k

His max budget for CPU+Mobo is about 11k, for GPU max 5k.

Do suggest, he prefers ASUS mobo but I think Gigabyte is just as good if not better VFM.

Last edited:

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
My friend wants to buy a very cheap gaming PC, so here's what I gave him, what do you think guys?

AMD Phenom X4 620=5.5-6k

His max budget for CPU+Proccy is about 11k, for GPU max 5k.

Do suggest, he prefers ASUS mobo but I think Gigabyte is just as good if not better VFM.

As for gaming Phenom 2 550BE is best . most games utilize only 2 cores .
& zotac 9800GT is 5.4K now ! check it on that too

Board is nice one u ve suggested

layzee

■■■■■■
@tkin
The Gigabyte motherboard is good enough.
However, if he is an ASUS fanboy kinda guy you can give him the Asus M4A78-EM that falls in the same price bracket.
I would rather go with an Athlon II X2 240 for around 3.5K and spend the leftovers in favour of a better video card like say a Radeon HD4850 or a GeForce GTS250.

Krow

Crowman

AMD Phenom X4 620=5.5-6k
Have a look at 785 chipset mobos from Gigabyte or ASUS. They come with integrated HD4200 GFX which is much better than the IG of the mobo you have mentioned, which is of the older 780 chipset genre.
His max budget for CPU+Proccy is about 11k, for GPU max 5k.
You mean CPU + Mobo, didn't you? ;)
You mean CPU + mobo right? :lol:
Okay, my suggestion :
AMD Athlon II X4 620 @ 5.5k
ASUS M4A785TD-V-EVO @ 6.7k
DDR3 RAM @ 2.5 - 6k

The mobo is ASUS, supports CF and is DDR3 and has support for 4xRAM. Waaaay more future proof than your suggested rig. Also the IG in this mobo can play your friend Crysis @ low settings with ease. It will play all games at low settings easily, so he can save on for the GPU which he can get later ofcourse. How's this? If you don't like it, drop in a post, I'll recommend an alternate config. But IMO this is the best option. :)

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
Have a look at 785 chipset mobos from Gigabyte or ASUS. They come with integrated HD4200 GFX which is much better than the IG of the mobo you have mentioned, which is of the older 780 chipset genre.

You mean CPU + Mobo, didn't you? ;)

Okay, my suggestion :
AMD Athlon II X4 620 @ 5.5k
ASUS M4A785TD-V-EVO @ 6.7k
DDR3 RAM @ 2.5 - 6k

The mobo is ASUS, supports CF and is DDR3 and has support for 4xRAM. Waaaay more future proof than your suggested rig. Also the IG in this mobo can play your friend Crysis @ low settings with ease. It will play all games at low settings easily, so he can save on for the GPU which he can get later ofcourse. How's this? If you don't like it, drop in a post, I'll recommend an alternate config. But IMO this is the best option. :)
Sorry, bad typo:lol:

The Asus mobo's nice but DDR3 ram's way over his budget(he's a cheapskate), so suggest one with DDR2 support @ 6k max. Proccy's OK, he will probably buy 9600GT due to limited budget.

BTW- he will buy a GPU, wanna play crysis @ 1024x768.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom