Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
I was getting 9200/- for P5Q Pro at Nehru Place, Delhi and in that price too I knew dealer was keeping his full cut 'cause the final quote he gave me was for 9150/- for ASUS P5Q Pro! I bought P5QC for 10K.

ironfreak

Journeyman
planning to chenge DVD writer

Shifting from IDE to sata. Shall I go for Lite-on Light scribe at 1500/- ???? Or any thing else ? is Lightscribe media available in India ? How much generally they cost ?

Waiting for reply:)

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
I too have Lightscribe capable DVD Writer from ASUS but the media isn't easily available so no use of going for one unless u get media bundled with the drive.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
I too have Lightscribe capable DVD Writer from ASUS but the media isn't easily available so no use of going for one unless u get media bundled with the drive.

It is available through a go in the following link. I have ordered CDs from him (but not lightscribe) and expecting delivery tomorrow.
*www.erodov.com/forums/verbatim-go-e-xclusive-ultimate-things-16gb-1840-shipped,12537/page4/

imgame2

Padawan
what do i do bro.... these dealers in chennai talk about stupid TN VAT.... so even if i get it shipped from some other state... it works the same price for me.... so 9550 is the best price i can get in chennai.... :(

actually it has more to do with the price increase ...u will get everything costly ..and plasma snake bought it ..it wasn't that costly ..since last week prices are soaring sky high

imgame2

Padawan
so wats the best bet i get...?? is it that if ur spending a 40k today it means that you could hav bought the same at 35k a week or 2 before..??:-(

yups something like that cos

most of processor prices have gone up by 600 to 1k
mobo prices have gone up by the same amount
RAM is almost the same ...
gfx card prices have also gone up by 500 rupees or more
same is with PSU ...

so u can add up those things ...i m talking in very approimate terms ..but still i think if u assemble a system it could well be atleast 3k costly today

acewin

Point Blanc
yes but @ 10 k MSI P45 platinum is awesome performer ...while P5Q deluxe costs 12k ...support is always a great issue with MSI ...even at my place i don't get MSI mobo cos of its bad support ..but if support is good

again can't compare asus P5Q deluxe ..but sometomes in certain price range MSI steals the show ...there is no replacement for P45neo in 6k range ...in 8-9 k Asus P5Q is best ...

10k -P45 platinum is cool and

@12k is awesome ...

but again @ 13.8k X48 C platinum is simply the best ..i mean X48 chipset mobo @ such price is steal

hence i said MSI mobo ...are good ..if u get the support ...

hey already had read the tomshardware review, thats what I added Zalman coolers they will keep system hell a lot cool, that is why Platinum is better in package. To get to that level the cooler + Asus P5Q Pro cost goes high. P5Q Pro is great performer but to keep it cool you will need a good cooler.
In long run all mobos get heaten up until and unless kept in constant cooling options.

ganeshravi

Broken In
PEOPLE.... ONE PROBLEM FOR ME... I JUST CALLED A COUPLE OF DEALERS IN CHENNAI....
the rates have drastically gone up...
the actual config that i had actually decided was...
intel C2D E8400 Rs. 8600
Asus P5Q Pro Rs. 9350
2GB transcend 800Mhz Rs. 1450
Palit HD4850 Rs. 10300
seagate 250GB Rs. 2350
wireless setup Rs. 3000
and accessories Rs. 4000(smps and cabinet)

but my processor rate and the motherboard rates have increased suddenly... i'm not willing to forego my proccy or my gfx..... so i think i have to let fo the P5Q pro... :-(...

so what other good board can i get so that my total budget woould remain within 35k....??

janitha

Wise Old Owl
PEOPLE.... ONE PROBLEM FOR ME... I JUST CALLED A COUPLE OF DEALERS IN CHENNAI....
intel C2D E8400 Rs. 8600
Asus P5Q Pro Rs. 9350
Palit HD4850 Rs. 10300
seagate 250GB Rs. 2350
wireless setup Rs. 3000

but my processor rate and the motherboard rates have increased suddenly... i'm not willing to forego my proccy or my gfx..... so i think i have to let fo the P5Q pro... :-(...

so what other good board can i get so that my total budget woould remain within 35k....??

The mobo is available at theitwares for Rs.8950/- ie Rs.400/- less than your budget and the processor for Rs.8650/- ie just Rs.50/- more than your budjet.
*www.theitwares.com/motherboards/motherboards.htm
*www.theitwares.com/processors/processors.htm

ganeshravi

Broken In
The mobo is available at theitwares for Rs.8950/- ie Rs.400/- less than your budget and the processor for Rs.8650/- ie just Rs.50/- more than your budjet.
*www.theitwares.com/motherboards/motherboards.htm
*www.theitwares.com/processors/processors.htm

bro, in chennai... a couple days earlier... E8400 was 7500..... today its 8600... and the mobo has remained unchanged.... also the HD4850 jumped from 9k to 10.3k.... so already i have a 2.5k decrease in my budget... tats my whole prob.....:(

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
intel C2D E8400 Rs. 8600
Asus P5Q Pro Rs. 9350
Palit HD4850 Rs. 10300
seagate 250GB Rs. 2350
wireless setup Rs. 3000

ANd I thought RAM 2GB was 2k, that's high?

imgame2

Padawan
bro, in chennai... a couple days earlier... E8400 was 7500..... today its 8600... and the mobo has remained unchanged.... also the HD4850 jumped from 9k to 10.3k.... so already i have a 2.5k decrease in my budget... tats my whole prob.....:(

why are u in hurry to buy ??? can't u hold on for some time ....sooner or later market will settle down ....atleast i hope so ....may be after diwali ..whats the point ...if u buy some low performing system now ..u will use it for 2 years minimum if i m not wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom