Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelordrrulzzz

The Burning Curse
Required help in selecting a config for a friend -

Usage - For AutoCAD and Adobe Photoshop CS3
Budget allocated - Rs 20k (maximum includes the cost of a 17" LCD)
Requirements - wants a good enuf processor and a HDD with less access time

Proposed config by me -
1] Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 processor
2] Intel P945G mobo
3] Kingston DDR2 667MHz RAM (2x1Gb)
4] Western Digital 160Gb HDD
5] Samsung Octa Edge DVD writer
6] Microsoft keyboard + mouse combo
7] Viewsonic 17" LCD (square shaped not the widescreen one)
8] Zebronics Bijli Cabinet with the default SMPS

Does anyone knows if Intel gives a Core 2 Duo E7200 processor and an Intel chipset combo for less price????

Some help in selecting the proper mobo and other components to optimize the budget would be highly appreciated.

P.S. - He is planning to go tommorow to buy the config so some urgent help would be good.

Last edited:

acewin

Point Blanc
E7200 + DG31 chipset based mobo + RAM as per the mobo

check this thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99982, can give you overall picture, but 20K is less. 17 LCD itself will cost more than 7K

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Intel Dual Core E4600
ASUS P5K PLVM
1x2GB DDR 667MHz Transcend/Kingston RAM
Seagate 250GB HDD
Zebronics Bijli cabinet w/ 400W PSU which will be enuff IMO
Dell 178WFP 17" LCD
Logitech Multimedia Desktop kbd/mouse
Altec Lansing BXR1121 2.1 speakers

thelordrrulzzz

The Burning Curse
@acewin
I agree with you but my friend is very much constrained on the budget part. He wants it for his dad's office usage.

I guess E7200 is a proper processor considering the fact that it can be overclocked without much hassles if the need be.

@KPower Mania
thanks for ur reply.
Btw the HDD capacity of 160Gb is also good enuf and no multimedia also required. So i guess i can cut down on around 2k over there. What say??

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY
"GUYS I FOUND THAT TWO PROCESSOR IN SINGLE MOTHERBOARD IS FINALLY AVAILABLE IN INDIA"

The Asus launches this mobo Asus L1N64-SLI(supporting phenom,athlon)

its unreal i cheaked out the performance its bit way too long than intel core2quad & even core2 extreme performance guys

the real shocking is the motherboard is available in INDIA for 23k

intel also announces the same tech but the intel board cost around 50-60k

ASUS made a difference in performance

lucifer_is_back

Journeyman
"GUYS I FOUND THAT TWO PROCESSOR IN SINGLE MOTHERBOARD IS FINALLY AVAILABLE IN INDIA"

The Asus launches this mobo Asus L1N64-SLI(supporting phenom,athlon)

its unreal i cheaked out the performance its bit way too long than intel core2quad & even core2 extreme performance guys

the real shocking is the motherboard is available in INDIA for 23k

intel also announces the same tech but the intel board cost around 50-60k

ASUS made a difference in performance
awesome great news
plz sumbody lend me the required amount *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif

thelordrrulzzz

The Burning Curse
After convincing my friend to extend his budget by 2.5k i have finalized the foll config for him-

2] Palit N73PV mobo
3] Kingston 2Gb DDR2 800 or 667MHz RAM
4] Zebronics Bijli Cabinet with default 400W SMPS
5] Western Digital (WD1600AABS) 160Gb SATA HDD
6] LiteON SATA DVD writer
7] Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Combo
8] ViewSonic 17" color TFT LCD VA703b

This config fits properly in his new budget. What do u guys feel bout this config??
Is it good enough for AutoCAD and Photoshop CS3 applications usage or does it require some further modifications??

acewin

Point Blanc
Price of Palit N73PV is 2.8K and same is DG31 chipset based Asus mobo ASUS P5K PLVM.
Rest is good, config suits the budget and is good.

ganeshravi

Broken In
i have a friend of mine whose friend works in one of the shops at ritchie street.. he told me that he could get me the items at its wholesale price.... i could'nt ask him for more details..... what do u think would be the rate difference between the wholesale price and the retail price...??

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
After convincing my friend to extend his budget by 2.5k i have finalized the foll config for him-

2] Palit N73PV mobo
3] Kingston 2Gb DDR2 800 or 667MHz RAM
4] Zebronics Bijli Cabinet with default 400W SMPS
5] Western Digital (WD1600AABS) 160Gb SATA HDD
6] LiteON SATA DVD writer
7] Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Combo
8] ViewSonic 17" color TFT LCD VA703b

This config fits properly in his new budget. What do u guys feel bout this config??
Is it good enough for AutoCAD and Photoshop CS3 applications usage or does it require some further modifications??

Its good enuff but I am still telling you to go with ASUS P5K PLVM mobo and 250GB drive. Its hardly 1k costlier than this but if he's fine with this small HDD then OK. Go for Dell 178WFP 17" LCD if possible. Otherwise, the config is good.

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY
Every one must see before getting a new gaming rig or video conversion process

the misunderstood performance

THE AMD PHENOM PROCESSOR : AMD phenom x4

*in.youtube.com/watch?v=nBPAjbSYoEM

kindly check out this before getting your processor

For every game the processor performance is changed

*www.anandtech.com/showdoc.aspx?i=3272&p=12

Last edited:

layzee

■■■■■■
Every one must see before getting a new gaming rig or video conversion process

the misunderstood performance

THE AMD PHENOM PROCESSOR : AMD phenom x4

kindly check out this before getting your processor

For every game the processor performance is changed

*www.anandtech.com/showdoc.aspx?i=3272&p=12

No matter what you want to prove about the Phenom X4s, an overclocked Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 will demolish them in most tests at almost a similar price tag.

imgame2

Padawan
i have a friend of mine whose friend works in one of the shops at ritchie street.. he told me that he could get me the items at its wholesale price.... i could'nt ask him for more details..... what do u think would be the rate difference between the wholesale price and the retail price...??

it might be lesser than that of shops ..but can't be always so ..if u buy a gfx card from rashi it will be more costly from what u buy from ur local shop :(..but point of price hikes are the dollar to rupee exchange rates ...

here is how it works..

all the computer hardware in India is imported from Taiwan,Thailand and Singapore..when a distributor buys anything from these places for suppose $100 ..and then he comes back to India and sell it for Indian rupees ..which for Indian distributor will cost 4900/- now instead of 4300/- few weeks back..the price goes up for Indian distributor (also higher price mean higher excise duty and other taxes) so indian distributor gets it higher price than before ..so the retailor gets a thing at higher price..hence the vendor gets it at higher ..so u get it higher price ..and offcourse at each level indian distributor,retailer,vendor all keep their profit share ..so u can understand prices will go high up ....

also since gfx cards,high end boards and stuff like are not great seller ...very few people buy them ...so they are always brought in limited numbers(even from indian retailors) ..for instance indian retailer might buy 200 cards in one go ..if they all sell out he orders 200 more ...and a vendor will try to buy only 5 HD4850 at a time ...and later on buy 5 more ...and thats why u get new stuff ever two weeks

one more thing thats troubling me this time is ..we all know prices have gone up ...but we don't exactly know how much ...so shopkeeper can sell it 200/- costly or 400/- costly ..i have no way to know if its really 400/- more ...shopkeeper are not moral being AFAIK and have seen them ..

u can get a good price but it would still be higher anyway ...if suppose u are getting something 3k more costly ..u can get it for 2k or 2.5k ...saving about 1k ..but not less than that ..cos even they got it for higher price why would they sell u at lower price ...

seeing all this i would hold on if u can for a month or two...unless ur life depends on it ..cos i guess ur life is worth more than 3k :)

thelordrrulzzz

The Burning Curse
My friend is just now purchasing the new PC for his dad's office and guess what he is highly tempted to buy Viewsonic 22" LCD monitor for himself. The remaining components are the same as mentioned before.

The shop attendant says that Dell LCD monitors are out of stock right now so he is goin ahead with Viewsonic.

Viewsonic 22" LCD price quoted is Rs 10950 inclusive all taxes.
I shall give you the exact prices of individual components later in the evening.

imgame2

Padawan
I shall give you the exact prices of individual components later in the evening.

my gosh prices for 22" are already coming down quite fast ...i m crossing my fingers for this ...have to buy a 22" LCD ..but i will wait till year end ..

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
My friend is just now purchasing the new PC for his dad's office and guess what he is highly tempted to buy Viewsonic 22" LCD monitor for himself. The remaining components are the same as mentioned before.

The shop attendant says that Dell LCD monitors are out of stock right now so he is goin ahead with Viewsonic.

Yipee!! I should consider a 24" and HD4870 1GB now.....:D

No matter what you want to prove about the Phenom X4s, an overclocked Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 will demolish them in most tests at almost a similar price tag.

Arguing with a fanboi is no good...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom