Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganeshravi

Broken In
my budget for the board is at a max 9.5k... the msi board which he showed and also told me was a neo2 was 9.2k... i actually didnt notice the PCI slots on it.... ne way thanks for the tip on that.....
so now P5KC is out of the picture.... its either one of the neo's or the P5Q pro....

tkin

Back to school!!
my budget for the board is at a max 9.5k... the msi board which he showed and also told me was a neo2 was 9.2k... i actually didnt notice the PCI slots on it.... ne way thanks for the tip on that.....
so now P5KC is out of the picture.... its either one of the neo's or the P5Q pro....
Your best bet now is the Asus P5Q Pro, I use the P5Q and it rocks, very stable, EPU engine works great(You don't need to install it if you don't need it), bios has tons of features for overclockers and its easy to understand for even newbies too. Moreover the P5Q Pro supports crossfire and all Intel C2D/C2Q processor out there, also DDR2 1200MHz RAMs(Upto 16GB) are supported as well.

You can also get the P5QC which includes support for DDR3 RAMs as well.

About MSI, the brands good but support is not so good, no power saving features, also note that Speedstep does not work for my friend who owns a Q6600 and P35 Platinum Combo, so MSI is not recommended.

imgame2

Padawan

best bet would be Asus P5Q pro in that range ..don't worry too much about DDR3 too much right now leave that to nehalem ....and seriously i have heard many people facing problems with boards supports DDR2 and DDR3 ..(just google it ..)

since ur budget u can upto 9.5k it will be best choice ...its rock solid and no problems with support as well ...

and as "tkin" pointed out ..he owns the P5Q mobo ..and u can further queries about the board to him

my choice is ASUS P5Q pro in that range :)

acewin

Point Blanc
+1 for P5Q Pro its best DDR2 mobo for intel, has all required features.
Other than this is Biostar i45 as mentioned earlier.
Both are very very stable mobos.
Other than these two is the Asus P5QC, but has single Pcie 2 slot. Asus P5Q series are real good if you go for them.
if you think comparable MSI mobo then comes in MSI Platinum.

MSI P45 Neo series have same base except different version like Neo2 and Neo3 have a little differences in specs and what hey have in them. Neo-F does not has RAID support and Crossfire which comes in Neo3
Then comes Neo2 which has two Pcie 2 Express slots, hence supports crossfire.
so basically ranking of these mobos will be like in terms of specs

MSI P45 Neo-F < MSI P45 Neo3 = Asus P5Q = Asus P5QC < MSI P45 Neo2 < Asus P5Q Pro = MSI P45 Platinum = MSI P45 Zilient

But if you think of Crossfire keep the Neo2 out because you will consider fe more things and cooling options in that case Asus P5Q Pro is good but has no cooler provided in the package. MSI P45 Zilient has Zalman Cooler. The energy saving options in Asus are better than MSI. Just you need to buy a separate cooler if you wanna do crossfire usage.

Ei8t

Journeyman
hi guys... in the diwali edition of the digit mag i've come across a gpu zotac 9800gt amp, which has been awarded as the best performance, value, etc. now i m confused which one to buy... hd4850 or this zotzc 9800gt amp? i almost bought the hd4850 but have to wait till saturday...

acewin

Point Blanc
Considering DDR3 option then Asus P5QC for combo or MSI Platinum Combo.

Mobos with just DDR3 are little more costlier.

hi guys... in the diwali edition of the digit mag i've come across a gpu zotac 9800gt amp, which has been awarded as the best performance, value, etc. now i m confused which one to buy... hd4850 or this zotzc 9800gt amp? i almost bought the hd4850 but have to wait till saturday...

well whichever you buy you will have to think about their fans also(people who write reviews not always count in the fans provided in the package. Havent read much about 9800GT cards much so cannot suggest. Checking he specs first of the card and the package.

Last edited:

imgame2

Padawan

get palit HD4850 sonic ....that card is not available and not at that price ...

to show what palit sonic @11k can do check this out

*www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/palit_hd4850_sonic/

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

FOR THE HUNDREDTH TIME -> THE SHOOTOUT THIS TIME IS PRETTY MUCH ****ED UP SO DONT BE FOOLED BY IT. The Palit HD4850 beats the 9800GTX AMP!

imgame2

Padawan
MSI P45 Neo-F < MSI P45 Neo3 = Asus P5Q = Asus P5QC < MSI P45 Neo2 < Asus P5Q Pro = MSI P45 Platinum = MSI P45 Zilient

But if you think of Crossfire keep the Neo2 out because you will consider fe more things and cooling options in that case Asus P5Q Pro is good but has no cooler provided in the package. MSI P45 Zilient has Zalman Cooler. The energy saving options in Asus are better than MSI. Just you need to buy a separate cooler if you wanna do crossfire usage.

my friend i think MSI P45 platinum and MSI P45 zilient are best performing motherboards ..of P45 even better than Asus P5Q pro ..

check this review

*www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-p45-motherboard,2001-50.html

tkin

Back to school!!
my friend i think MSI P45 platinum and MSI P45 zilient are best performing motherboards ..of P45 even better than Asus P5Q pro ..

check this review

*www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-p45-motherboard,2001-50.html
I don't think P45 Zilent and Platinum are the competition for P5Q Pro, I think their competition should be P5Q Deluxe and its one hell of a mobo, and ASUS has better support in India.

No doubt MSI is good, but I have seen problems with those mobos, like one of my friend owns the P45 Platinum Combo with Q6600 and Speedstep doesnot work on his mobo, even with the latest Bios.

And don't forget the 16 phase power design, EPU and tons of overclocking features on the ASUS mobos, I think P5Q series is a better option.

imgame2

Padawan
I don't think P45 Zilent and Platinum are the competition for P5Q Pro, I think their competition should be P5Q Deluxe and its one hell of a mobo, and ASUS has better support in India.

No doubt MSI is good, but I have seen problems with those mobos, like one of my friend owns the P45 Platinum Combo with Q6600 and Speedstep doesnot work on his mobo, even with the latest Bios.

And don't forget the 16 phase power design, EPU and tons of overclocking features on the ASUS mobos, I think P5Q series is a better option.

yes but @ 10 k MSI P45 platinum is awesome performer ...while P5Q deluxe costs 12k ...support is always a great issue with MSI ...even at my place i don't get MSI mobo cos of its bad support ..but if support is good

again can't compare asus P5Q deluxe ..but sometomes in certain price range MSI steals the show ...there is no replacement for P45neo in 6k range ...in 8-9 k Asus P5Q is best ...

10k -P45 platinum is cool and

@12k is awesome ...

but again @ 13.8k X48 C platinum is simply the best ..i mean X48 chipset mobo @ such price is steal

hence i said MSI mobo ...are good ..if u get the support ...

tkin

Back to school!!
yes but @ 10 k MSI P45 platinum is awesome performer ...while P5Q deluxe costs 12k ...support is always a great issue with MSI ...even at my place i don't get MSI mobo cos of its bad support ..but if support is good

again can't compare asus P5Q deluxe ..but sometomes in certain price range MSI steals the show ...there is no replacement for P45neo in 6k range ...in 8-9 k Asus P5Q is best ...

10k -P45 platinum is cool and

@12k is awesome ...

but again @ 13.8k X48 C platinum is simply the best ..i mean X48 chipset mobo @ such price is steal

hence i said MSI mobo ...are good ..if u get the support ...
^^+1, yeah, at 6k P45 neo is a steal, no doubt.

Any news on Nehalem/X58 launch status?

ashray99923

Broken In
hello guys ...i am going to buy the new pc my budget is around Rs. 25000/-
i have list out some components...plzz make corrections if any...(i am frm mumbai)
mobo + procc= intel e7200+ palit n73v
ram = 2 gb transcend
hard disk 250gb
cabinet= (not decided)
keyboard + mouse
speakers
cd-rom
monitor(19" wide....with dvi...prefer samsung)
graphic card i am not going to buy now....later on if necessary...

also tell me prices also ... because in recent time prices gone up....also any chance tht prices may come down on the occasion of diwali?? thank you

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
hello guys ...i am going to buy the new pc my budget is around Rs. 25000/-
i have list out some components...plzz make corrections if any...(i am frm mumbai)
mobo + procc= intel e7200+ palit n73v
ram = 2 gb transcend
hard disk 250gb
cabinet= (not decided)
keyboard + mouse
speakers
cd-rom
monitor(19" wide....with dvi...prefer samsung)
graphic card i am not going to buy now....later on if necessary...

also tell me prices also ... because in recent time prices gone up....also any chance tht prices may come down on the occasion of diwali?? thank you

Intel C2D E7200
ASUS P5K PLVM
Transcend 2GB DDR2 800MHz
Seagate 250GB 7200RPM HDD
Zebronics Krish case + Antec 450W PSU
Logitech Multimedia Desktop kbd+mouse
Altec Lansing BXR1121 2.1 Speakers
Dell E198WFP 19" LCD

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY
Intel C2D E7200
ASUS P5K PLVM
Transcend 2GB DDR2 800MHz
Seagate 250GB 7200RPM HDD
Zebronics Krish case + Antec 450W PSU
Logitech Multimedia Desktop kbd+mouse
Altec Lansing BXR1121 2.1 Speakers
Dell E198WFP 19" LCD

i think it cost more than 30 k--------> he told his budget for 25k???:confused:

ganeshravi

Broken In
best bet would be Asus P5Q pro in that range ..don't worry too much about DDR3 too much right now leave that to nehalem ....and seriously i have heard many people facing problems with boards supports DDR2 and DDR3 ..(just google it ..)

since ur budget u can upto 9.5k it will be best choice ...its rock solid and no problems with support as well ...

and as "tkin" pointed out ..he owns the P5Q mobo ..and u can further queries about the board to him

my choice is ASUS P5Q pro in that range :)

i alas am goin with the p5q pro... its a bit above 9.5k.... but i think its worth for its price....:D

and about the processor.... shall i go with an E7200 or 8200 or 8400??

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
i alas am goin with the p5q pro... its a bit above 9.5k.... but i think its worth for its price....:D

and about the processor.... shall i go with an E7200 or 8200 or 8400??
Babu one final time lemme tell u,
P5Q-8k
P5Q Pro- 9K (anything above 9.2K is daylight mugging)
P5QC- 10K
P5Q Deluxe- 12K

AFA Processor is concerned, E7200 can match E8400 only in terms of Frequency that too after some OC not in performance as E8400 has 6MB L2 cache and moreover can be OCed a hell lot more than E7200. Go for E8400 without even thinking about it.
One more things if u r planning on a gaming rig then forget about quads as they aren't optimised for gaming, they r great for uber-high end HTPC.

ganeshravi

Broken In
Babu one final time lemme tell u,
P5Q Pro- 9K (anything above 9.2K is daylight mugging)

what do i do bro.... these dealers in chennai talk about stupid TN VAT.... so even if i get it shipped from some other state... it works the same price for me.... so 9550 is the best price i can get in chennai.... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom