Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
you mean to say PCI-e 2.0 doesn't make a graet performance differance and a PCI-e 2.0 standarded card can perform well on PCI-e 1.0 mobo if so why shouldn't I save a few bucks on mobo now and wait for some substentiol upgrade in nehallem era.But if gaming performance goes down dearly then I should approch it difrently and can go for best suited mobo now and stick with it if it last me for a year and half and no nehellems or bulldozers when available in near future.Please suggest which approch is good one save now and invest later or best mobo now along with HT4850 will serve me that far in gaming.Last but not the least don't forget you guys have to tell me the mobos of both approches along with prices.

No, PCI-eX16 2.0 wont have a HUGE performance increment and I suggest you do save a few bucks.

Go for the XFX 630i.

It has awesome connectibility features.

surinder

Tech addict
Price please and what about DG31 based mobos againset nvidia's 630i will they give me beter bang for my bucks as I own stand alone GFX card.

tkin

Back to school!!
Then what about G31 against 630i perpformace wise.Keep in mind my E8400+HT4850.
DG31 is good chipset, and I can promise that Intel mobo's are the most stable in the catagory (No overclocking though, with the awsome Wolfdale core you could go to 3.6GHz easily at stock cooler!!). :p

P.S:-

The best chipset is the P45, one MSI mobo *asia.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=proddesc&prod_no=1482&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=170 offers the chipset at ~6k:rolleyes:

So it's your choice, also guess what? Intel chipsets support Crossfire, so you can buy a HD4850(OR a HD4870, crossfire does'nt need similiar cards like SLI) later and go KABOOM:D:D

This the best board in the market now supporting Crossfire:- *in.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=709&l4=0&model=2269&modelmenu=1 at 8.5k

Conclusion:- DG31 is good(*www.intel.com/products/motherboard/DG31PR/configs.htm) :cool::cool:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
DG31 is good chipset, and I can promise that Intel mobo's are the most stable in the catagory (No overclocking though, with the awsome Wolfdale core you could go to 3.6GHz easily at stock cooler!!). :p

P.S:-

The best chipset is the P45, one MSI mobo *asia.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=proddesc&prod_no=1482&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=170 offers the chipset at ~6k:rolleyes:

So it's your choice, also guess what? Intel chipsets support Crossfire, so you can buy a HD4850(OR a HD4870, crossfire does'nt need similiar cards like SLI) later and go KABOOM:D:D

This the best board in the market now supporting Crossfire:- *in.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=709&l4=0&model=2269&modelmenu=1 at 8.5k

Conclusion:- DG31 is good(*www.intel.com/products/motherboard/DG31PR/configs.htm) :cool::cool:

Conclusion --- G31 is good, 630i is better and P45 is the best and X58 will be better. :|

And ya, you can get a ASUS P5Q Deluxe and a HD4850 and then buy a HD4870x2 when the prices drop :razz:.

But the P5Q Deluxe will be out of your budget I think.

imgame2

Padawan
agree intel boards are most stable board out there ...if anyone not looking for overclocking ...because here it has becomes a trend to suggest a mobo for overclocking but in india still not many people do it.

i would buy an intel mobo if i had to buy it for my family's use ...cos they will not use it for overclocking all they need is solid stable system ..which intel mobo provides!

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
agree intel boards are most stable board out there ...if anyone not looking for overclocking ...because here it has becomes a trend to suggest a mobo for overclocking but in india still not many people do it.

i would buy an intel mobo if i had to buy it for my family's use ...cos they will not use it for overclocking all they need is solid stable system ..which intel mobo provides!

Ya, just imagine your grandpa OC'ing his E8400 on a ASUS P5Q and then benchmarking it with Crysis...:D :))

imgame2

Padawan
Are there 16" LCDs available :confused:

If you mean 19" then Dell 198WFP

yes guys they are available and 16" LCD's are quite popular for small bussiness people ..i have seen LG flatron models ..they are decent enough

*www.in.lge.com/Product/Products-Details.aspx?cat=171&pid=6055&subcat=LCD

acewin

Point Blanc
why specifically 16 inch LCD,
LCD 15 to 17 are priced almost same and the difference with 19 inch would also not be much. So recheck your thoughts.
where do you live.
Check in local market for what they have and the price.
Samsung, LG, Viewsonic all are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom