Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

acewin

Point Blanc
Can u pls suggest me a mobo with igp ? (not Intel, I prefer ASUS) It will be good if the board have ddr3 slot,

mate you have made good choice so do no ruin it thinking of onboard gfx, new nVidia chipsets with 9300/9400 gfx card are still to come.

Considering thought of DDR3 upgrade later on get MSI P35 Neo-F Combo(not Neo-F) has 4 DIMMs 2 for DDR2 and 2 for DDR3.
The price of mobo is less than 5.5K so get a GPU like nVidia 8400/8500 would cost you less than 2K, better than any o the onboard gfx solution if any in 7K
or MSI 256MB DDR3 8600GT in 3K

get single stick 2GB RAM and not 2x 1GB RAM

all asus mobos costlier and not such VFM, but they are good.
According to you can think of Asus P5Q or P5Q Pro(has 2 pcie 2 slots) which are priced well according to the specs, and are strong mobos. But then again on IGP in them

Besides these other mobos which you can consider are Biostar TP35D2-A7 and Palit P35A in 4.2K and 4K respectively. So adding gpu to these P35 based mobos beats down any DG33 chipset based mobo. These also include Abit IP35E in 5.3K(which is overclockers delite):D

other than these abit mobos I-N73HD(630i chipset + 7100GPU + HDMI) and Fatal1ty F-I90HD(ATI Radeon™ Xpress 1250 chipset + HDMI) are true value mobos with onboard gfx

I cannot say about reviews for these mobos, but according to me they are very strong, they are using very stable chipset and have very good specs

Last edited:

ITTechPerson

Search for Adventure
^^ This is an awsome responce, thanks dude, I will take a look on the said boards & chose from them.

If there is any board with on board IGP, I may prefer tht cos I dont want to invest on gfx now - after 6 months I will.
I prefer ASUS cos there is no Intel service center at Kolkata, & have previous experience with Intel service.

About RAM I should go for 2GB single stick.

Thanks guys, keep posting....

acewin

Point Blanc
^^ This is an awsome responce, thanks dude, I will take a look on the said boards & chose from them.

If there is any board with on board IGP, I may prefer tht cos I dont want to invest on gfx now - after 6 months I will.
I prefer ASUS cos there is no Intel service center at Kolkata, & have previous experience with Intel service.

what about MSI and Gigabyte boards.
Gfx decent cards are cheap now so you would not get problem if you go with buying GPU than onboard IGP

also some of the boards or better say most of he DG31 based boards do not support more than 1GB RAM if they have 4 DIMMs and only boards with 2 DIMMs support 2GB RAM, hence max RAM support is 4 GB only, just to let you know how you have to manage RAM

Last edited:

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

Excluding the fact of Hybrid graphics & AMD boards, better boards doesn't comes with IGP.
But u still have options like getting non-IGP & buy a used graphics card & later upgrade to best possible graphics card.
In this case u can have best board & best graphics card & later on u can sell the older card but u will have best of the best.

thelordrrulzzz

The Burning Curse
Hello digitians,
Today i had gone to Prime ABGB to enquire and get some component quotes for my new PC upgrade. I have quite a lot of queries regarding the same.
1] In Western Digital drives which of the drives among WD5000AACS and WD5000AAkS is better?? This is coz there are no AAKS models available through out in da market there:( and i don't think it would available by Monday.

2] The shop didn't have Cooler Master 600 Extreme PSU but i was told by da shop guy that the Corsair VX 450W is highly efficient and its performance is equivalent to that of a Cooler Master 600W extreme.

3] They have G Skill 800Mhz RAM chips which come with a 5 yr replaceable warranty plus with heat sink on the chips. The shop guy says its the best of all the RAM chips available.

I have checked out some reviews for [2] and [3] on the net which states that these are really good and awesome products for anyone building a decent desktop or a moderate gaming rig.

But these are a few areas which i am stuck on so, some advice would be really helpful in buying the components.

P.S. - I have decided to go for the MSI P45 Platinum Neo chipset with XFX 8600GT DDR3 graphics soln.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
2] The shop didn't have Cooler Master 600 Extreme PSU but i was told by da shop guy that the Corsair VX 450W is highly efficient and its performance is equivalent to that of a Cooler Master 600W extreme.

ya corsair is very good...VX450W go 4 it

3] They have G Skill 800Mhz RAM chips which come with a 5 yr replaceable warranty plus with heat sink on the chips. The shop guy says its the best of all the RAM chips available.

if u have the budget then buy it...

P.S. - I have decided to go for the MSI P45 Platinum Neo chipset with XFX 8600GT DDR3 graphics soln.
Dont go 4 XFX 8600GT (4 reason read the siggy of nVidia)....get atleast 9600GT :D

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Guys suggest me a good Wireless Keyboard + Mouse Combo for < 1500 - 2000 Rs..

Only Microsoft or Logitech plz..

I have this thing in my mind: *www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=058

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Guys suggest me a good Wireless Keyboard + Mouse Combo for < 1500 - 2000 Rs..

Only Microsoft or Logitech plz..

I have this thing in my mind: *www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=058

Logitech Wireless Ex90 for 1.2k

I am using it and its awesome :D.

ITTechPerson

Search for Adventure
Don't go for Micrtosoft, Logitech is way better. I have used all wireless models of Microsoft & they r not up to the mark.

tkin

Back to school!!
Ok, ur right, I should go for min 2 gb. But what about if I dont put the gfx ? isn’t the board enough ?
Actually I want a c2d system with best mobo (not intel) & this config I find not bad.
These configs are in my mind, just unable to deside....
Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo E8200/E7200
Motherboard : MSI P45 Neo/P35 Neo-F/ASUS P5Q-Pro
This mobos don't have IGP, wait for G45 to launch(P45+IGP-X4500HD, good enough for even games).

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
tkin said:
This mobos don't have IGP, wait for G45 to launch(P45+IGP-X4500HD, good enough for even games).

@tkin
I juz look @ ur siggy,....
why u go for evga 9800gtx+.. the hd4850 is the best VFM as of now....
do u have any particular reason..

tkin

Back to school!!
@tkin
I juz look @ ur siggy,....
why u go for evga 9800gtx+.. the hd4850 is the best VFM as of now....
do u have any particular reason..
Been using ATI since god knows when (currently X1900XTX). Just switching to nVidia to see how they are doing these days(not good as it appears).:D

Anyway just wished to use nVidia to experiance the features they are offering(PhysX,CUDA etc).:p

Moreover, I made my buying decision a couple of months ago when HD48xx series hadn't been launched yet, chose the 8800GT then, just sticking to my buying decision.:rolleyes:

Just jumping the ships once in a while.;-)

P.S-No doubt, HD4850 is the best VFM, but again 9800GTX+ offers a 5%(although small) performance increase, also EVGA has the best customer support and warranty I've ever seen.

ITTechPerson

Search for Adventure

YA, I am going to wait for few months keeping in mind tht the market will fall in couple of months, but i think I will go for a gfx not for igp.

E84oo
MSI P35 Neo Combo F (DDR 3 support)/ P45 Neo F
Palit 8400GS 512
DDR 2 - 2 GB 800
WD 250 GB
Coolermaster Extreme 500
Coolermaster B2 Pro (non transparent) - may be

All arround approx 22+ k

Thanks to all digitians, who has helped me a lot to make me a good choice & save money;). I will ask for ur sugg. again before make the actual purchase - u guys r great for the novice like mine.

tkin

Back to school!!
YA, I am going to wait for few months keeping in mind tht the market will fall in couple of months, but i think I will go for a gfx not for igp.

E84oo
Palit 8400GS 512
DDR 2 - 2 GB 800
WD 250 GB
Coolermaster Extreme 500

All arround approx 22+ k

Thanks to all digitians, who has helped me a lot to make me a good choice & save money;). I will ask for ur sugg. again before make the actual purchase - u guys r great for the novice like mine.
Good Choice:):), anyway a Corsair VX450w P.S.U has more efficiency and reliebility than the CM 500w and its more VFM. The Corsair 450w P.S.U can output more power than the CM 500w one.:rolleyes:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

E84oo
Palit 8400GS 512
DDR 2 - 2 GB 800
WD 250 GB
Coolermaster Extreme 500

All arround approx 22+ k

8400GS... Dont go for that... instead go for atleast 8600GT from MSI,Mercury or even from Palit.... Which wouldn't cost mosre than 4k.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom