Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITTechPerson

Search for Adventure
@tkin ..
Noted ur comments, will tht 450w will go for the 450w-corsair. Although coolermaster 600w is costing less than tht450w corsair.

@Rajkumar..
Thanks for the info - will change tht to 8600GT DDR3.

@Kpower...
If the Asus is @2.9 - then sure I will for tht one.

What about the motherboard - p45 or p35 combo ?? I like both, combo 1 has a ddr3 support.

tkin

Back to school!!
@tkin ..
Noted ur comments, will tht 450w will go for the 450w-corsair. Although coolermaster 600w is costing less than tht450w corsair.

@Rajkumar..
Thanks for the info - will change tht to 8600GT DDR3.

@Kpower...
If the Asus is @2.9 - then sure I will for tht one.

What about the motherboard - p45 or p35 combo ?? I like both, combo 1 has a ddr3 support.
DDR3 is better for future compatibility.(Still makes me wonder when I bought a 512MB DDR2 533MHz RAM for 3.5k):shock::shock:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I gonna change my rigs like below:

Rig1: p4+asus p5n-mx+7600gs+2gb+samsung17"crt
Rig2:e4600+Mobo+gpu+2gb+lcd19"viewsonic

I choose Palit N73V as my choice of mobo and for gpu my budget is around 5k only...(Down from 7k:D)... So i decide to go with MSI EN8600GT for 4.2k..
My ques.... could i play all new games @med wid that card....
or else i could wait for a month or two and go for HD4850...If so then suggest me a good mobo with good IGP... for around 3.5k...

Please clear me...

imgame2

Padawan
Thats wat i m thinking.... Anyway now i go with some XFX Mobo with good IGP and fit it to my second rig and wait for and get a HD4850.... Thats rocking....
yes do that ..since i can see u are an avid gamer ...there is no point going for a 8600gt newer games will come up and u need a decent card to run them ...right now just manage with some way or other ...but for u i think HD4850 is a must !

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Thats wat i m thinking.... Anyway now i go with some XFX Mobo with good IGP and fit it to my second rig and wait for and get a HD4850.... Thats rocking....

ya, that would be good.

But in 3.5k :|

You can get a XFX 630i for 3k which has a good IGP.

For 6k, you can get a Gigabyte GA-G33 which has a nice IGP.

thelordrrulzzz

The Burning Curse
Finally after weeks of deliberation I got this upgrade to my old computer-
1] Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 processor.
2] MSI P45 Neo-F mobo.
3] Nvidia GeForce XFX 8600GT DDR3 graphics soln.
4] GSkill 2Gb DDR2 RAM.
5] WD 500Gb (WD5000AACS) Sata HDD.
6] Corsair VX 450W SMPS.
7] Zebronics Bijli Cabinet.
8] Creative M2600 2.1 set of speakers.

Though had to chuck the TFT but may get it some time later.

A big thanks to KPower Mania, acewin, tkin, desiibond and other digitians for helping me in my quest to buy the best of components in my allocated budget.
A special thanks to KPower Mania for his constant advice and replies to my queries.

Regards,
thelordrrulzzz

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Finally after weeks of deliberation I got this upgrade to my old computer-
1] Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 processor.
2] MSI P45 Neo-F mobo.
3] Nvidia GeForce XFX 8600GT DDR3 graphics soln.
4] GSkill 2Gb DDR2 RAM.
5] WD 500Gb (WD5000AACS) Sata HDD.
6] Corsair VX 450W SMPS.
7] Zebronics Bijli Cabinet.
8] Creative M2600 2.1 set of speakers.

Though had to chuck the TFT but may get it some time later.

A big thanks to KPower Mania, acewin, tkin, desiibond and other digitians for helping me in my quest to buy the best of components in my allocated budget.
A special thanks to KPower Mania for his constant advice and replies to my queries.

Regards,
thelordrrulzzz

awesome purchase d00d....

thanks for your aprreciation. :).

surinder

Tech addict
Suggest me a motherboard for gaming under RS 4000/- for my proccesor is E8400,gfx card is 8600GT 256MB DDR3 and RAM is 2GB 667mhz DDR2.Mobo should also sport my next GFX card ATI HD4850 I mean to say the former one is PCIE1.0 and my upgrade card will be PCIE2.0.And would like to have suggesion on psu for 1k or so if it can handle this config including upcoming HD4850.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I don't think there is a good mobo under 4k.

Go for MSI P45 Neo-F. price is around 5.5k

this mobo has PCIe 2.0.

YOu need atleast a 500W PSU for HD4850. Go for Corsair or Coolermaster. May cost you 2.5k

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Suggest me a motherboard for gaming under RS 4000/- for my proccesor is E8400,gfx card is 8600GT 256MB DDR3 and RAM is 2GB 667mhz DDR2.Mobo should also sport my next GFX card ATI HD4850 I mean to say the former one is PCIE1.0 and my upgrade card will be PCIE2.0.And would like to have suggesion on psu for 1k or so if it can handle this config including upcoming HD4850.

I pretty much support desiibond's suggestion.

MSI P35 Neo-F will be an awesome buy d00d :).

If you just cant spend more, look at the XFX 630i albeit it dosent have PCI-e 2.0 but it will support your HD4850 well and good.

Go for CM600W or Antec Trio 650W PSU.

surinder

Tech addict
I pretty much support desiibond's suggestion.

MSI P35 Neo-F will be an awesome buy d00d :).

If you just cant spend more, look at the XFX 630i albeit it dosent have PCI-e 2.0 but it will support your HD4850 well and good.

Go for CM600W or Antec Trio 650W PSU.

you mean to say PCI-e 2.0 doesn't make a graet performance differance and a PCI-e 2.0 standarded card can perform well on PCI-e 1.0 mobo if so why shouldn't I save a few bucks on mobo now and wait for some substentiol upgrade in nehallem era.But if gaming performance goes down dearly then I should approch it difrently and can go for best suited mobo now and stick with it if it last me for a year and half and no nehellems or bulldozers when available in near future.Please suggest which approch is good one save now and invest later or best mobo now along with HT4850 will serve me that far in gaming.Last but not the least don't forget you guys have to tell me the mobos of both approches along with prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom