Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
Do XFX 8800GTS 320MB and 8600GT 8600GT need a costly PSU or will the free 450W/400W PSU provided by assembler be enough. I am not worried about the wattage or amperage. I am worried about power connectors. My 7600GT doesn't need any connectors but the assembling guy told me that latest graphics cards ask for some 6pin or 8pin power connectors. My friend is planning to install a graphics card on a brand new
AMD x2 4000 4000+ and M2A-VM
2*1gb ddr2 667Mhz Kingston RAM
250GB SATA seagate hdd
LITE-ON 20A1P
Creative Audigy Value

All this takes only takes max 97 watts on load.
Will the graphics card fit on this motherboard?

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Well its always advisable to go for a good branded PSU because it has almost none chances to blow ur hardware.Although the cheap PSUs aren't that bad but there's always a risk.
Instead, these Branded PSUs are actually made for the the super hardwares.
So owing a Branded PSU is better!

And for the record....any graphics card will fit onto this system as the motherboard holds a PCI-E slot....so any PCI-E Card will do the job!

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@adithyagenius
yup, 8800GTS 320 need an extra power connector, but 8600GT dun need.
8600GTS needs one. So if u are goin gor nythin above 8600GT, then a gud PSU is recomented.

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
keith_j_snyder2 said:
Well its always advisable to go for a good branded PSU because it has almost none chances to blow ur hardware.Although the cheap PSUs aren't that bad but there's always a risk.
Instead, these Branded PSUs are actually made for the the super hardwares.
So owing a Branded PSU is better!

And for the record....any graphics card will fit onto this system as the motherboard holds a PCI-E slot....so any PCI-E Card will do the job!

Branded PSUs have extra power connectors for graphics cards. And PCI-E slot doesnt mean every card fits. Geforce MX 4000 card doesn't fit well because its slots doesnt reach the back of the cabinet. Also Geforce 8800GTX is a very long card with huge cooling system which might get obstructed by other components of the motherboard.

Doesnt anyone have M2A-VM with graphics card installed? I am worried about 8800GTS getting obstructed by RAM slots and onboard sound card and LAN outputs

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
when he meant any g-card . he meant any recent one released in the past 2 yrs( a pcie card he has mentioned it though ) .. .yes the GTX rises a question , it may not fit . but in most cases i hear the cabby being too small and not the problem with ram obstructing g-card , dunno very well . GTX is a huge power monger , if u're buying u'll need a really good psu which supplies atleast 30A on the 12 volt rails . even the GTS is a power monger but not as bad as the GTX . dont go by the wattage on the psu , its the amps on the 12 volt rail that counts .

sabret00the

Youngling
Prepared this config for my friend S!D,wat do guys think of it?
Athlon 64 X2 5200+ 2.6GHz 2MB L2 cache 6000

Asus M2AVM AMD 690G and SB600 Chipset 3900
OR
Biostar A690G AMD 690G and SB600 Chipset 3650
OR
Jetway M2A692-GDG AMD 690G and SB600 Chipset 3150

Transcend DDR 2 1 GB 800 Mhz 2350

Seagate Sata 2 250 GB(16 MB Buffer) 2950

Sony 18x (Sata OEM DVD RW) 1900

Zebronics Bijlee Cabinet (Without SMPS) 1500

Coolermaster RP-600-PCAR Extreme Power 600W 20+4 pin 3500

Viewsonic LCD 19" VA1912WB 9700

Creative Inspire T6060 4350

Logitech Multimedia – Wireless keyboard 1550

the bugger's getting a new flat waiting to find out how the creative sounds...bad news will have to part with the Logitech MX Revolution as soon as his PC is built...

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@sabret00the
if he dun need a gcard, then no need to go for 600W Cm PSU. Get some 400w rated PSU from powersafe for 1.5k or even the stock 400w wud work fine.

The onboard GFX of 690G is amazing. I play NFSMW on it with 1024*768 with low~med details with visual treats turned on and still no lags and can even play FEAR at 800*600 @ low~med settings. All cases AA & AF turned off.

Creative T6060 sux...Logitech X530 is a far better option. The only gud about T6060 is the wired remote with headphone jach and aux in[uses to connect my phone nd mp3 player to speakers]. The tweeter in front and R/L speakers are just for looks and they are actually silent and i think they dun have connection from behind really.

Get the 19" LCD with DVI connector. The ASUS M2A VM has onboard DVI as well as Dsub.

Get a 320 Gb HDD for 3.2k. They have 16MB buffer as well as are perpendicular recoding technology ones, so better perfomance.

sabret00the

Youngling
aravind_n20 said:
@sabret00the
if he dun need a gcard, then no need to go for 600W Cm PSU. Get some 400w rated PSU from powersafe for 1.5k or even the stock 400w wud work fine.

seems like a good idea..anyways he might as well go for a GPU in the future but I dont think that's gonna be a killer on the PSU....probably the Zeb Platinum 500W that I have been using wud be good enough for him...

The onboard GFX of 690G is amazing. I play NFSMW on it with 1024*768 with low~med details with visual treats turned on and still no lags and can even play FEAR at 800*600 @ low~med settings. All cases AA & AF turned off.

I think that's why I'm stressing on the 690G chipset

Creative T6060 sux...Logitech X530 is a far better option. The only gud about T6060 is the wired remote with headphone jach and aux in[uses to connect my phone nd mp3 player to speakers]. The tweeter in front and R/L speakers are just for looks and they are actually silent and i think they dun have connection from behind really.

So ur saying that Logi X530 is much better...wat's the price of that speaker...and btw I think we'd prefer one with wireless remote...

Get the 19" LCD with DVI connector. The ASUS M2A VM has onboard DVI as well as Dsub.

I think we'll go for a LCD with DVI/HDCP anyway...

Get a 320 Gb HDD for 3.2k. They have 16MB buffer as well as are perpendicular recoding technology ones, so better perfomance.

Well I convinced him to move up from a 160GB to 250GB....I think 320GB wont be permitted by the budget...

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@sabret00the
For him even the Zebronics Platinum 400W wu easily do. Even if he goes for a gcard it can easily withstand cards upto 8600GT or 7600GT.

X530 is for 5k. It has got dual neodimium drivers in each satellite, so very gud treble.
T6060 can only produce mids dn bass, not a bit of treble. But X530 has balanced low, mids nd highs.
A wireless remote ones are more costly. Philips has some basic models with IR remote, but the perfomances are pathetic.
X530 has the controls on front right speaker. There are volume control and a headphone jack. The bass control is on the rear of woofer and no auxilary in for X530.

S!D

Monster Truck
aravind_n20 said:
@sabret00the
I wud be gettin a good GFX card 3-4 months down the line. Hence wud need >500W PSU. The Cabby(Zeb Bijli) dont come wid stock PSU. But I guess I will finally go in for a Colorsit/Zeb Platinum 500W

Creative T6060 sux...Logitech X530 is a far better option.
Actually plan to adjust with the Sony Music System I have right now and later (when I can afford it) get a BOSE 2.1 [16k:-? ] when I move into my new flat.
Now thats good info...thanks bro. I dint even know perpendicular recording technology came that cheap:eek:.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
yup, of course....search for any review to belive. After my purchase of T6060, one of ma friend was also goin gor dat, and i made him buy X530 after some comparisons and review. Now I think X530 is twice as gud as T6060.[Now considering pure power..but the sound quality].

X530 has only 70w rms while T6060 is 73w. But power feels exactly same and sometimes more for X530 coz of realistic treble or highs.

sabret00the

Youngling
ok now which one of these is better:-
Asus M2AVM AMD 690G and SB600 Chipset 3900
OR
Biostar A690G AMD 690G and SB600 Chipset 3650
OR
Jetway M2A692-GDG AMD 690G and SB600 Chipset 3150

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Asus has better reliability and got better service.
But the cost u specified is incorrect. I bought ASUS M2A VM for 3.4k two weeks ago.
Now it may have fallen to some 3.2k or somethin.

S!D

Monster Truck
sabret00the said:
Well I convinced him to move up from a 160GB to 250GB....I think 320GB wont be permitted by the budget...
Well, my priority is speed and not space (as per my requirements, even 160GB is overkill on space).
If there is a 160GB SATA-II HDD with 16MB buffer and perpendicular recording; I'm game for saves a few bucks compared to the 320GB:D .

And I guess 3.2K is well within budget (considering the features it adds).

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
the lowest capacity perpendicular disk starts at 320 Gb, and goes whole way upto 1TB.
So if u need perpendicular, ull heve to go for atleast a 320.

sakumar79

Technomancer
^^ I believe perpendicular disks start at 80 GB itself... See *www.seagate.com/www/en-us/products/desktops/barracuda_hard_drives/barracuda_7200.10/ - but for 16 MB buffer, you start with 250 GB (but note that some modes of 250 GB have 8 MB buffer, so be careful when you purchase)...

Arun

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@sakumar79
maybe there are models like dat, but ive made sure from local dealers nd they said that perpendicular starts from 320.
One of da main reason than only people with high needs go for perpendicular and probably if one can afford perpendicular then he could go for at least a 320 or above. maybe due to that the Indian dealers have only 320 perpendicular at stock.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
guys now does this 8600GTS need an extra power connector from PSU ??

if do does the zebronics pure platinum 500 watts model support those GPU power connectors ?? or which PSU to buy if we use a 8600GTS Gfx card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom