160 GB SATA-II @ Rs. 2000/- + TAX
1 GB DDR-II @ Rs. 3800/- + TAX
Cabinet + SMPS @ Rs. 1200/- + TAX
LG CRT 17" @ Rs. 4300/- + TAX
Keyboard Mouse Microsoft Desptop pro @ Rs. 750/- + TAX
UPS Local Brand @ Rs. 1400/- + TAX

TAX @ 4% Rs. 742

Total Rs. 19292/-

Now here I chose 2 GB RAM as I felt woulddd be good for running vista and stuff as u will stay onboard... but some would like to have a bigger HDD !!! so u may change the RAM to 1 GB to allow a 320 GB HDD !!!

for 30k PC config, already one is posted.... here *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=580288&postcount=336

mayanks_098

world is evil
Choto Cheeta said:
For 20k !!!

AMD X2 3600+ (1MB L2) @ Rs. 2700/- + TAX
MSI K9AGM2 @ Rs. 2400/- + TAX
160 GB SATA-II @ Rs. 2000/- + TAX
1 GB DDR-II @ Rs. 3800/- + TAX
Cabinet + SMPS @ Rs. 1200/- + TAX
LG CRT 17" @ Rs. 4300/- + TAX
Keyboard Mouse Microsoft Desptop pro @ Rs. 750/- + TAX
UPS Local Brand @ Rs. 1400/- + TAX

TAX @ 4% Rs. 742

Total Rs. 19292/-

Now here I chose 2 GB RAM as I felt woulddd be good for running vista and stuff as u will stay onboard... but some would like to have a bigger HDD !!! so u may change the RAM to 1 GB to allow a 320 GB HDD !!!

for 30k PC config, already one is posted.... here *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=580288&postcount=336

dude you quoted 3800 for 1gig ddr2 ram.
another thing is that he will want a dvd rw too.fit it sumwer.
and will that msi mobo have suffficient onboard grfx so as to support so so games?

and sata 2 is not sumthing very great i think.not much of performance diff afaik.you tell

EDIT:
and also suggest a mobo for athlon x2 4400+
and is that New Intel Dual Core E2140 @ Rs. 2800/- TAX really good.i mean not better if we get x2 4400+ and even drop that 8400gs?

Last edited:

S!D

Monster Truck
sagargv said:
even if u dont OC now , u'll have to do it eventually to get more juice. and remember that c2d's are very good OCers. u can get performance gains from 25% - 80% ( from wat i've read )so its better to opt for a board that allows OCing.
:arrow:Understood and agreed:)
If u still prefer to not OC , then take e6750 + d965RY or d33BU ( dunno which is better amongst them ) . asus board p5k - vm has onboard gfx and supports 1333mhz and ofcorse supports OCing but is terrible buy at 8k . much better to go4 xfx 650i + some cheap ( cheapest in ur case ) gfx card like 6200 .
the 650i is outta the question if it doesnt have integrated graphics. since, i am not compromising on the graphics card whenever i buy it:cool: ; and right now, considering the budget, i better wait:rolleyes: .
but i believe ASUS/MSI/XFX make better MOBOs than Intel(in the same price range) any day. so I am not compromising on the MOBO as well.
In short, I am more ready to wait and accumulate more budget, than buy a compromise.
1. u're having second thots abt new 45nm processors , so wats it going to be , e2140 or e6550?
He He!! not like I may be able to afford them, but as Choto Cheeta rightly stated, with them coming in, my caviare of a 6750 wud get cheaper:D.
Question is, can I really wait that long:rolleyes:.
And if I am going in for an Intel, its not going to be anything less than a C2D E6600. The budget, I guess, must be stretched. As this is my passion and I will never hugely compromise on power for a few k's. It just stretches the wait by a few more payslips:(.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
My Miss take its 2 GB RAM

and u wont find SATA-II now days !!! its all SATA-II any thing or above 160GB is SATA-II now days...

yes there 16mb ones and 8 mb ones in buffer size for u, 8 mb is good enough...

so I would suggest 1 GB (Rs. 1900/-) and then u can fit one DVD RW Liteon Rs. 1300 in that config... for 4400 still I wuld say K9AGM2 but if u can aford then M2A-VM (Rs. 3800/- + TAX) or ASUS M2NPV-VM :D (Rs. 4200/- + TAX)

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
S!D said:
:arrow:Understood and agreed:)

the 650i is outta the question if it doesnt have integrated graphics. since, i am not compromising on the graphics card whenever i buy it:cool: ; and right now, considering the budget, i better wait:rolleyes: .
but i believe ASUS/MSI/XFX make better MOBOs than Intel(in the same price range) any day. so I am not compromising on the MOBO as well.
In short, I am more ready to wait and accumulate more budget, than buy a compromise.

He He!! not like I may be able to afford them, but as Choto Cheeta rightly stated, with them coming in, my caviare of a 6750 wud get cheaper:D.
Question is, can I really wait that long:rolleyes:.
And if I am going in for an Intel, its not going to be anything less than a C2D E6600. The budget, I guess, must be stretched. As this is my passion and I will never hugely compromise on power for a few k's. It just stretches the wait by a few more payslips:(.

yes, its best to wait and extend ur budget in the meantime . and dont bother with e6600 , 1. i dont think its price reduced 2. 1066mhz FSB . e6750 is better and cheaper . keep an eye on the prices and in 2 months i think u'll get wat u wanted . and hey , i'm not asking u to compromise on the g-card. i just wanted u to buy a cheap g-card now and buy the fast buggy in ur budget in december or whenvever , thats all . now that u've decided to wait , keep coming to the forum and check out the latest happenings . i hope i didnt cause u unnecessary confusion . happy gaming and movie watching in advance.

S!D

Monster Truck
sagargv said:
yes, its best to wait and extend ur budget in the meantime . and dont bother with e6600 , 1. i dont think its price reduced 2. 1066mhz FSB . e6750 is better and cheaper . keep an eye on the prices and in 2 months i think u'll get wat u wanted.
Well, yes the wait sure seems worthwhile:oops:...but it would be very difficult for me to survive 2 months without a comp:cry:. I guess I wud be getting it somewhere in mid September and try n get a loan to pump the budget to 40k. That should put me in safe ground to get a descent rig.
..and hey , i'm not asking u to compromise on the g-card. i just wanted u to buy a cheap g-card now and buy the fast buggy in ur budget in december or whenvever , thats all .
I get wat u mean, I dont mind make-doin with a simple card now. But the problem is, the 2k spent on the graphics card will go down the drain come November when I get a good one:? . And I guess a 2k card wont have any resale value:p . and come to think of it, thats the price of a 1GB RAM:shock: .
now that u've decided to wait , keep coming to the forum and check out the latest happenings . i hope i didnt cause u unnecessary confusion . happy gaming and movie watching in advance.
:confused:confusion:confused:??
buddy, u helped me clear most of the confusions i had :).
its better to read more n make a more decided choice, than regret later when it is too late.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
@saurav
Finally got the second replacement for XFX 650i ULTRA and thank god it is working fine. I have all the 4 modules up and running (1gb*4).

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
ankushkool said:
is it better 2 get 2GB ram insted of 1GB or 256MB dedicated gpu inted of 128MB?????????
Its better to have 2 sticks of 1 GB ram in order to have dual channel configuration for maximum performance.Yes its better to have a 256MB video card rather than 128MB so that u can store more textures in video memory in texture intensive applications.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
ankushkool said:
is it better 2 get 2GB ram insted of 1GB or 256MB dedicated gpu inted of 128MB?????????

which gpu ? thats important . neway i wud prefer 2 gb of ram , generally speaking if u have a old gpu &/or old cpu.

go4saket

Ok, now tell me, which is the best motherboard that suits Intel Core 2 Quad 6600. Please recommend me one motherboard in which I can add a PCI-e graphics card and one in which there is already good enough integrated graphics so as to support most of the recent games.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
P5K-VM around Rs. 7500/- + TAX comes with Support to C2Q and onboard x3100 also allows you to upgrade to better PCI-E Card later on.... :)

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
^ its got a pcie 1.1 when will those mobo's based on x38 chipset supporting pcie 2.0 be launched . ofcorse , no point in waiting as current cards only max out pcie 1.1 bandwidth . but then again , i heard 9800 and upcoming gpu's will max out the pcie 2.0 bandwidth .wat do u suppose is best ?

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
there is no end of up coming techonology... !!! So buy the best Vaule for money product, and P5K-VM is one Value for money right now.... :D

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
but y kick urself IF u can wait for another month ? heard they're releasing new borads in sept. but yes, i completely agree with u . but wat do u say if u knew they're coming next month ?

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
quite honestlly i would have still bought P5K-VM, even X38 based ones with support for new gen 9xxx based cards comes out with next month still they would have been out of my budget :p

:lol:

There is no end of new Technology and no end of waiting, but certainly if the new Technology is suppose to be cheaper than old one, then its worth to wait :p

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
which brings us at last to the moment of truth , wherein the fundamental flaw is ultimately expressed and the anomaly revealed as the question whether the new mobo's are within my budget or not . As adequately put ,the problem is choice . But we already know wat u're going to say , dont we ?

< copied this from matrix reloaded subtitles , the part where Neo speaks with the architect of the matrix . just remembered it when re-reading ur and my posts and ur avataar . how do u like it ? >

Pathik

Google Bot
john_the_ultimate said:
@saurav
Finally got the second replacement for XFX 650i ULTRA and thank god it is working fine. I have all the 4 modules up and running (1gb*4).
hey john can u tell us the batch no or something like that of ur board... so we can know wwich ones arent faulty..

john_the_ultimate said:
@saurav
hey john can u tell us the batch no or something like that of ur board... so we can know wich ones arent faulty..

Last edited:

nil1982

Hi, I am new in this forum, from Kolkata. I need to purchase a new system for graphics and web designing (Photoshop CS3, Flash CS3, 3Ds Max 9, Dreamweaver and fireworks) and also will be doing some video encoding (and sometimes gaming too). Mine should be a system optimized for multi tasking, at least 3 of any aforesaid applications will run altogether. Please suggest me a configuration. Need a big screen monitor and enough memory. My budget is 45,000/- with taxes which can't be exceeded. I don't need any sound device right now sicnce I have my old one. I prefer Intel systems to AMD. Please consider quad core (Q6600 if it fits into my budget by any chance) if available in Kolkata with venue.
Thanks in advance.
Niladri

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom