Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
i wanted a comp for this purposes !!

CAD Cam...for mechanical design and for M.tech student in Mechanical .
his study basically involves all high end CAD CAM Softwares !!

min 3 GB RAM is Recommended by the institute !! ( they did not mention anything abt gfx card but )

one of the question is shld he get 4 GB RAM with onboard

OR go for 2-3 GB RAM for Graphics card !! like an 8500 GT ?? here is a confusion !!

and will this 8500 GT work out with 2-3 GB RAM without hanging while running those memory heavy softwares ??
also the power supply is a confusion !! which PSU and how much ??

budget is 40k MAX everything but WITHOUT LCD MONITOR !! so its 50k with LCD..

for some info : one of my cousin works in as CAD CAM design tester for leading jet engines company !!
he told me that to rotate a aircraft engine in a comp with 2 GB RAM Would take time !! but it would happen instantly in a comp with 4 GM RAM !! but he does now know if those DELL comps had graphics card or not !

Last edited:
OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
nil1982 said:
Hi, I am new in this forum, from Kolkata. I need to purchase a new system for graphics and web designing (Photoshop CS3, Flash CS3, 3Ds Max 9, Dreamweaver and fireworks) and also will be doing some video encoding (and sometimes gaming too). Mine should be a system optimized for multi tasking, at least 3 of any aforesaid applications will run altogether. Please suggest me a configuration. Need a big screen monitor and enough memory. My budget is 45,000/- with taxes which can't be exceeded. I don't need any sound device right now sicnce I have my old one. I prefer Intel systems to AMD. Please consider quad core (Q6600 if it fits into my budget by any chance) if available in Kolkata with venue.
Thanks in advance.
Niladri

Welcome to the forum

Do you need just the CPU or whole PC Including Monitor + UPS all all !!!

Pathik

Google Bot
aks_win said:
i wanted a comp for this purposes !!

CAD Cam...for mechanical design and for M.tech student in Mechanical .
his study basically involves all high end CAD CAM Softwares !!

min 3 GB RAM is Recommended by the institute !! ( they did not mention anything abt gfx card but )

one of the question is shld he get 4 GB RAM with onboard

OR go for 2-3 GB RAM for Graphics card !! like an 8500 GT ?? here is a confusion !!

and will this 8500 GT work out with 2-3 GB RAM without hanging while running those memory heavy softwares ??
also the power supply is a confusion !! which PSU and how much ??

budget is 40k MAX everything but WITHOUT LCD MONITOR !! so its 50k with LCD..

for some info : one of my cousin works in as CAD CAM design tester for leading jet engines company !!
he told me that to rotate a aircraft engine in a comp with 2 GB RAM Would take time !! but it would happen instantly in a comp with 4 GM RAM !! but he does now know if those DELL comps had graphics card or not !
Get
a xfx 650i ultra
a c2d e6750..
4*1gb ddr 2 667mhz ram
a xfx 8600 gt 256 mb gddr3
a zebronics antibiotic + 500w psu (600w wd b better)
a sony dru 830 a

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
pathiks said:
Get
a xfx 650i ultra
a c2d e6750..
4*1gb ddr 2 667mhz ram
a xfx 8600 gt 256 mb gddr3
a zebronics antibiotic + 500w psu (600w wd b better)
a sony dru 830 a
interesting !! but what abt PSU ? can this handle this load of 4 gb ram and an 8600 GT ??
this system wont be over clocked in any way !!

one more question Will the 8600 GT also use the System RAM apart from its 256 MB VRAM ??
its better if it uses even that 4 GB RAM !

Last edited:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Choto Cheeta said:
even My ColorSit 500 Watts Can handle 4GB and 8600 GT 256MB with E6600 OC at 3.6 and 4 HDDs and DVD RWs and TV Tuner :lol: :p
cool will buy zeb 500 watts supply !!
will see if the xfx650i supports that e6750 then go for it...if the shop keeper provides bios upgrade facility or will get some intel mobo or try for asus .

nil1982

Choto Cheeta said:
Welcome to the forum

Do you need just the CPU or whole PC Including Monitor + UPS all all !!!
Thanks Saurav, I am looking for a full system only except sound system. Thanks again.

Last edited:
OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
OK... So as you preffer Quad Core... so, here is what I personally feel a computer for 45k...

Also do look in the suggestion given by others :D

Intel Q6600 @ Rs. 12900/- + TAX
ASUS P5N-E Sli @ Rs. 7200/- + TAX
(2x1) 2 GB DDR-800 Kingstone or Transcend @ Rs. 4600/- + TAX
XFX 8400 GS @ Rs. 2650/- + TAX
Segate 250 GB SATA-II 16mb Buffer @ Rs. 2650/- + TAX
View Sonic vx1932wm @ Rs. 10050/- + TAX
Cabinet + ColorSit 500 Watts @ Rs. 2200/- + TAX
UPS @ Rs. 1400/- + TAX
Keyboard mouse combo Microsoft @ Rs. 750/- + TAX

TAX Rs. 1776/- @ 4% (Kolkata VAT)

Total Rs. 46176 incl TAX

well you can do few thing on this config, get a LG CRT instade of LCD i mentioned so CRT will cost Rs. 4300 and then try and get 4 GB of RAM !!!

also 8400 GS is not a great card, but good enough to run most of the new resouce hungry game in Mediaum settinsg at 800x600 or 640x480 resolution... so if you can buy you may also think of 8600 GT which is Rs. 6700/- + TAX or if you are a pro gamer :p then think of drooping the idea of Quad core and buy a Low or mid range C2D with one XFX 8800 GTS 320 MB which is around Rs. 13700/- + TAX (Kolkata)

P.S. How did you know my name ?? and its Saurav :D

Last edited:

nil1982

Choto Cheeta said:
OK... So as you preffer Quad Core... so, here is what I personally feel a computer for 45k...

Also do look in the suggestion given by others :D

Intel Q6600 @ Rs. 12900/- + TAX
ASUS P5N-E Sli @ Rs. 7200/- + TAX
(2x1) 2 GB DDR-800 Kingstone or Transcend @ Rs. 4600/- + TAX
XFX 8400 GS @ Rs. 2650/- + TAX
Segate 250 GB SATA-II 16mb Buffer @ Rs. 2650/- + TAX
View Sonic vx1932wm @ Rs. 10050/- + TAX
Cabinet + ColorSit 500 Watts @ Rs. 2200/- + TAX
UPS @ Rs. 1400/- + TAX
Keyboard mouse combo Microsoft @ Rs. 750/- + TAX

TAX Rs. 1776/- @ 4% (Kolkata VAT)

Total Rs. 46176 incl TAX

well you can do few thing on this config, get a LG CRT instade of LCD i mentioned so CRT will cost Rs. 4300 and then try and get 4 GB of RAM !!!

also 8400 GS is not a great card, but good enough to run most of the new resouce hungry game in Mediaum settinsg at 800x600 or 640x480 resolution... so if you can buy you may also think of 8600 GT which is Rs. 6700/- + TAX or if you are a pro gamer :p then think of drooping the idea of Quad core and buy a Low or mid range C2D with one XFX 8800 GTS 320 MB which is around Rs. 13700/- + TAX (Kolkata)
That's fine, but is Q6600 available in Kolkata (If yes can it be said here?) ? I came across some people who looked for C2Q but failed. Is the LG CRT of 19" diagonal? The idea is better to get a higher memory than an LCD display. The RAM you mentioned is DDR-II I guess. BTW I'm not going to OC.

I have been reading the posts in this forum for a few days, as a reader I am not very new, but as a member I am new.

Last edited:
OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Nil said:
That's fine, but is Q6600 available in Kolkata (If yes can it be said here?) ? I came across some people who looked for C2Q but failed. Is the LG CRT of 19" diagonal? The idea is better to get a higher memory than an LCD display. The RAM you mentioned is DDR-II I guess. BTW I'm not going to OC.

as said here already, there are no Apps right now to use full resource of a C2Q :p

anyway yes C2Q is in Kolkata, I dont know where exactly u actually looked and found no C2Q :p tell you what, Supreem is not a place to be :lol:

19" LCD I mentioned is not diagonal, its Wide Screen TFT... *www.viewsonic.com/products/lcddisplays/xseries/vx1932wm/

The RAM you mentioned is DDR-II I guess.

the Ram mentioned is DDR-II....

BTW I'm not going to OC.

Even if you were, for your information Q6600 is not that Good Over Clocking Processors :lol:

Is the LG CRT of 19" diagonal

Once again its our personal choise for TFT or CRT as 17" CRT will mean a lot of power bill :lol:

nil1982

Choto Cheeta said:
as said here already, there are no Apps right now to use full resource of a C2Q :p

anyway yes C2Q is in Kolkata, I dont know where exactly u actually looked and found no C2Q :p tell you what, Supreem is not a place to be :lol:

19" LCD I mentioned is not diagonal, its Wide Screen TFT... *www.viewsonic.com/products/lcddisplays/xseries/vx1932wm/

the Ram mentioned is DDR-II....

Even if you were, for your information Q6600 is not that Good Over Clocking Processors :lol:

Once again its our personal choise for TFT or CRT as 17" CRT will mean a lot of power bill :lol:

Yes Supreme failed to supply Q6600. And I have zero idea about OCing:D. I wanted C2Q for running multiple programs at the same time. Is any C2D except E6850 good for that?

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
nil1982 said:
Yes Supreme failed to supply Q6600. And I have zero idea about OCing:D. I wanted C2Q for running multiple programs at the same time. Is any C2D except E6850 good for that?

Jah !!! :lol:

we are now Shifting from the Topic... once again it really depends on ur need... tell you what, maximum of the time, computer is one time buy for say about a year or so... also Multi Tasking, so stick to Q6600 if u are happy with 8400 GS tpe of low end cards :lol:

but as I said if you are a pro gamer then opt for low or Mid range C2D with better GRFX Card :p

also here are some small tips of OC :p *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64388

nil1982

Choto Cheeta said:
Jah !!! :lol:

we are now Shifting from the Topic... once again it really depends on ur need... tell you what, maximum of the time, computer is one time buy for say about a year or so... also Multi Tasking, so stick to Q6600 if u are happy with 8400 GS tpe of low end cards :lol:

but as I said if you are a pro gamer then opt for low or Mid range C2D with better GRFX Card :p

also here are some small tips of OC :p *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64388

Thanks a lot. May be I'll go for Q6600 and 4x1GB DDR-II-800 Kingston. Money is a constraint though.:p

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^

Now if you have to bag a Q6600 + 4GB DDR-II with above config, you may cut cost farther by opting for a onboard Video based Motherboard like, ASUS P5K-VM comes with G33 Chipset and x3100 its around Rs. 7500/- + TAX though would be a little search in Chandi :p

nil1982

Choto Cheeta said:
^^^

Now if you have to bag a Q6600 + 4GB DDR-II with above config, you may cut cost farther by opting for a onboard Video based Motherboard like, ASUS P5K-VM comes with G33 Chipset and x3100 its around Rs. 7500/- + TAX though would be a little search in Chandi :p
Yup, but now I'll try to go for the best, i.e. 8600 GT with the above C2Q and 4 GB RAM. :D trying to increase budget, hehe!!!!:wink:
(remind me if I'm going out of the topic BTW):p:p

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
nil1982 said:
Yup, but now I'll try to go for the best, i.e. 8600 GT with the above C2Q and 4 GB RAM. :D trying to increase budget, hehe!!!!:wink:

Try that !!!! would be better as seems that you are a Gamer :p rather than a Week end gamer like me :lol:

(remind me if I'm going out of the topic BTW):p:p

Naaa.... dont need to pull ur hair out for these issues :lol:

nil1982

Choto Cheeta said:
Try that !!!! would be better as seems that you are a Gamer :p rather than a Week end gamer like me :lol:

Naaa.... dont need to pull ur hair out for these issues :lol:

I'm not a gamer, I am into web and graphics designing, so need to get a multi tasking system.:p Gaming is just a time pass for me.:) Thanks for your suggestins, I'll be waiting for others opinions also, as you suggested. After purchase I'll post every detail in the relevant thread.

cynosure

UbuntuUser
At itwares there are two options of 7600GS 256MB and 512MB. What is the difference between the two?? Is 512MB = 256MB VRAM + 256MB shared RAM??

I am damn confused about video cards, some benchmarks state that 8600 is slower than 7600 and given the fact that there are no 100% DX10 games out now, should I buy 7600 (or if budget allows a 7900)?

If I buy a expensive card like 7900 then I might not be able to buy a new card (the G92s) till Q2 2008, will 7900 be able to pull it thru? I will add a phsyX card later in Dec when unreal 2K7 is released.:D

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
The support for DX9.0c cards not gonna stop whole of a sudden. Even now the geforce 6 series support all games releasing nowadays.

So a 7900 will easily make it to Q2 2008 and offers excellent value for money unlike 8600GTS. Even 7600GT at 5.5k has excellent value for money.
An 8600Gt is of no gud if u dun softmed it to GTS levels. A 7600GT outperforms it in most benchmarks.

cynosure

UbuntuUser
I dont trust itwares, can anybody tell me the price of 7900 GT. itwares has listed the price of 7950 as Rs. 500 :p

I will be buying my new PC this tuesday (Rakshabandhan) if Nehru Place shops are opened. Or else it will be delayed for another one week.

And anybody has the idea about the diffrence in the prices of h/w in Delhi and Dehradun??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom