Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

shantanu

Technomancer
Re: Help me with PC Configuration

@vineet : try to search before posting... creating new threads is easy, but you can contribute a lil bit by searching on topic.. you are a old member , with more then 1.6 years in this forum.

threads merged

Last edited:
OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting

vineetrocks2005 said:
I want to but a new PC mainly for using high end softwares such as 3ds MAX, Maya etc. My budget is around 30-35K & I want atleast 4GB of RAM & 250 GB HDD. Please help me ??

Thank You :)

Do you need a full config incl Monitor SKP and UPS of just the CPU (Procy + Mobo + RAM + GRFX + HDD + etc) ??

Pathik

Google Bot

@shantanu y did u merge the threads... its not a sticky anymore and also the title has changed to that of the 2nd one..

S!D

Monster Truck
Choto Cheeta said:
Now for 17,200

Here is what I can think of,

ColorSit 500 Watts @ Rs. 1600/- + TAX
160 GB SATA-II (8mb buffer) Rs. 2000/- + TAX
1GB DDR-II 800 MHz Rs. 2200/- + TAX

Lowest Mobo which makes sense would be XFX 650i Ultra Rs. 5000/- + TAX

That Left us Rs. 6400 ....

C2D Processors in that range would be E4400 !!!

Brilliant!!
Just edges the cut.

Just with the processor:rolleyes:, I heard from Sabre that the C2D 4series are not based on a Conroe Core against the 6series, and this makes quite a striking difference in performance.

Given the platform you stated above, do you think its better to stretch to a E6550, or would that be just overkill of power with no practical deliverance:confused:

Comment...

sagargv said:
if u intend on upgrading ur proccy when 45nm intel proccy's come out , then its better to take choto's old suggestion and buy E2140.
I only intend add on more components to upgrade, rather than scrapping off any :p .

if u dont intend on upgrading ur proccy next year , better to compromise on that TFT and buy a CRT and go4 e6750.
No can do there:D , crazy abt watchin movies on a 19" wide. I watched a cuple on Sabre's rig n they look pretty stunning.
...ur other components like the g-card wont bottleneck the 6750.
I hear u there. right now doin some serious calculations wid budget, between an E6550 and E6750:confused: . I wish I had a better salary:mad: .
since ur buying the g-card later , chances are more that the cpu bottlenecks the g-card and not the other way around . so no point in going for a lower powered amd now. .
Point taken..thinking on the lines of C2D now. Jai ho 'Intel Baba' ki. Hum firse ghar aa gaya (to intel base).

Last edited:

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
@s!d , i hope u have a pcie card at present . coz the xfx 650i doesnt have onboard gfx . i'm pretty certain u took that into consideration and u have a existing pcie / pci card to run ur rig . i'm sorry, i dont know the differences b/w 4 and 6 series in c2d . but i'm sure 6 series will perform better and thats wat matters now. and surely enough 6550 wont be a overkill. as per theitwares.com 6550 is priced at 7500 bucks which will slightly exceed ur budget , but its worth it . i wud prefer it over any 4 series c2d . i think its worth 1k stretch in ur budget. and i dont think e6750 will be much better than e6550 .so i vote for e6550 as u have budget constraint . u can OC e6550 beyond the level of stock 6750 easily . i'm pretty sure of this point , but i wud like some1 to second this thought .

Pathik

Google Bot
Get a e6750 + a xfx 650i Ultra..
Also yea the 4xxx s are Allendales not Conroe cores...
IF i was you i wd take a e2140 or 2160 for now and upgrade to a 45nm proccy later.. the 21x0s are awesome overclockers... So you can experiment with them too..

S!D

Monster Truck
sagargv said:
@s!d , i hope u have a pcie card at present . coz the xfx 650i doesnt have onboard gfx . i'm pretty certain u took that into consideration and u have a existing pcie / pci card to run ur rig.
Oopsie:eek:, wasnt aware of this detail. Dats gonna be a problem.
The reason I dont wanna get a grfx card right now, is that i want a descent dx10 card to come within range. N i dont plan to go SLI any time soon:D .. so a non-sli MOBO with onboard grfx is needed. any good one's u can suggest probably:rolleyes: ?
i dont think e6750 will be much better than e6550 .so i vote for e6550 as u have budget constraint . u can OC e6550 beyond the level of stock 6750 easily . i'm pretty sure of this point , but i wud like some1 to second this thought .
I am not into overclocking. at least I dont wanna do it on my own PC:D.

Pathik

Google Bot
If you dont wanna overclock then get an Intel original board.. they ll be cheap... Get a DG965RY or a DG33BU..

S!D

Monster Truck
pathiks said:
Get a e6750 + a xfx 650i Ultra..
Also yea the 4xxx s are Allendales not Conroe cores...
IF i was you i wd take a e2140 or 2160 for now and upgrade to a 45nm proccy later..
How long until the 45nm proccy's are launched(and more importantly, are affordable; ie, under 10k)?

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
S!D said:
How long until the 45nm proccy's are launched(and more importantly, are affordable; ie, under 10k)?
@Help is here said that they would be released somewhere around November.I m sure there will be some lower end models which will come under 10k.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Harvik780 said:
@Help is here said that they would be released somewhere around November.I m sure there will be some lower end models which will come under 10k.

well I feeel expect JAN 2008 in Indian Market to see 45mns... as before that we will have a huge sell of C2D 65nms.. thats what I am interested in, 6k for E6850 wont be a bad deal :lol:

but again may Be i am flying a high hope :lol:

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
S!D said:
Oopsie:eek:, wasnt aware of this detail. Dats gonna be a problem.
The reason I dont wanna get a grfx card right now, is that i want a descent dx10 card to come within range. N i dont plan to go SLI any time soon:D .. so a non-sli MOBO with onboard grfx is needed. any good one's u can suggest probably:rolleyes: ?

I am not into overclocking. at least I dont wanna do it on my own PC:D.

even if u dont OC now , u'll have to do it eventually to get more juice . and remember that c2d's are very good OCers . u can get performance gains from 25% - 80% ( from wat i've read ) . so its better to opt for a board that allows OCing . If u still prefer to not OC , then take e6750 + d965RY or d33BU ( dunno which is better amongst them ) . asus board p5k - vm has onboard gfx and supports 1333mhz and ofcorse supports OCing but is terrible buy at 8k . much better to go4 xfx 650i + some cheap ( cheapest in ur case ) gfx card like 6200 .

now ,
1. u're having second thots abt new 45nm processors , so wats it going to be , e2140 or e6550 ??

2. Are u very very sure abt OCing . the mobo issue gets resolved if u dont OC , but puts u at a significant disadvantage in performance ( its quite possible that u can OC ur e6550 to nearly 3.4 ghz or even more , so thats quite a big increase in speed , consider this well and ask others . ) and although there is some risk involved in OCing , its not very risky unless u do extreme OC . u can OC pretty easily with stock cooling to a safe level and still get recognizable performance increase . so , ask others and think about this again .

3.now u need to spend 2k for a cheap gfx card (i dont know if cheaper are there and this is ofcourse u stick with xfx 650i in wich case i have assumed u want to keep the option of OCing open)and +1k from ur budget already for e6550 . so can u increase ur budget by 3k ?

Last edited:

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Re: New DVD Writer

k people..i m on a buying spree...:D

now wat i need is a dvd-writer.

i have zeroed in on SONY-> DRU830A and LiteOn-> LH-20A1P. which one shud i go for and why? wat will be the approximate price?

do i need to get a lightscribe writer? in dat case we have the DRU-835A and the DH-20A3H?prices?choices?

so wats the final decision?wat do i do?

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
DVD RW ?? all comes with One year Warrenty so to me go for the cheaper ones :p no need to spend money on those Sony RW :p

Liteon Rs. 1300/- + TAX is my choise !!!

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
hey choto...comment about my vm prob in the vitualizers thread plz.

n..yes i think liteon. i hv got a tool which disables RPCII for liteon drives he ehe ..:D:D

mayanks_098

world is evil
my two friends are buying pc's.
one's budget is 20k and others is 30k.both can not go beyond the budget.

suggest a rig.mediocre gaming(not high level)

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
tell me, in both case do you need full config ?? i mean including Spk + UPS + Monitor or its just the CPU you are looking for ??

mayanks_098

world is evil
i want a complete pc.

but speakers are not to be included in rig.

and one more thing,i dont think if they opt for @least e6300 then they will get others hardware good enough.i mean if they get a e6300 then they need a good mobo to support it and that would cost them @least 15-20k i suppose,which will leave little for other things in 30k rig and nothing in case of 20k..

so in that case is suggesting p4-ht,athlons better then lower end c2d'd like e4400?

P.S.
and sorry for that thread again.that was irresponsible on part of mine.
actually i dont have my specs with me right now so dint care to look for the stickies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom