Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

shantanu

Technomancer
@invisible_devil ;; oh i mean choto_devil oh i mean little_devil oh ho choto_cheetah : great config bro.. and everything double.. r u single ?:D:D:D

lolzz (sorry for a SPAM)

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^

yeah yeah... u see 1st off all Me tooo was like u jumping.... now when I see the bills and Family shouting beacasue of the Bill its cause :lol: I have to work double hard than making the config to take action to reduce the power bills :(

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Choto Cheeta said:
^^

yeah yeah... u see 1st off all Me tooo was like u jumping.... now when I see the bills and Family shouting beacasue of the Bill its cause :lol: I have to work double hard than making the config to take action to reduce the power bills :(

nice job den bro.native resolutions eh?
tell me,hw long will my 8600gt last on the 19'' wide viewsonic u suggested?can i be able to play at native 1440*900?

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^

well not many games go that high... :p 1280 would be limit for many games... those which will support that high may not allow you to run full settings turned on to high on that higher Resolutiuon...

Dont expect BioShock to run on ur highest resolition with high settings on 8600 !!!!

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Choto Cheeta said:
^^

well not many games go that high... :p 1280 would be limit for many games... those which will support that high may not allow you to run full settings turned on to high on that higher Resolutiuon...

Dont expect BioShock to run on ur highest resolition with high settings on 8600 !!!!

may be i shud do well to stick to a plain vanilla flat 17'' CRT..read a lot abt scaling issues in LCD...wen u are downsizing from native resolution...the loss of quality is quite unnacceptable they say...

S!D

Monster Truck
Well, i've been with intel for the past 6years:rolleyes: and really wanted to give AMD a shot on this one.:D (My first PC was a P4 1.8 and the next one a p4 2.4)
And I dont wanna go Intel unless I'm goin for a conroe C2D probably the E6750 :wink: (then again, thats waaay outta reach)
maybe sometime in future i might go in for a Quad core:rolleyes: once that is available(and most importantly affordable:D )
moreover, i am not int OCing, so that is out of the question.

Plus, fill me in; when compared to the output performance of a basic 3800, how much is the 5200 feasable on a cost-to-power ratio.
or given the bottlenecks of the RAM/MOBO, wud the 5200 really score big compared to the 3800 :confused: , if so then how much?

i wud add a grfx card later. waiting for more funds to come in, so i dont need to settle down for a budget card. wud probably get one in october.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
5200 is certainly far better procy than 3800 I would say till 4200 its better to buy 3800 over them... but even when buying 4400 i would still say 3800 is a better buy over that...

But 4800 or latter is certainly out performace the bellow ones a gr8 deal...

and for the config, I gave my best shot... !!! thought thats what Best in my opinion for Budget or 30/33k :)

S!D

Monster Truck
i already own a Logitech MX revolution.(currently flaunted by 'sabre' until i get my own rig;) ).

would u know what wud be a good wireless keyboard under 2k (thats apart from the aforestated budget)

@choto
yaar kuch comment to karo on my stated config..
if possib outline y each seperate component is good/bad (i am starting off from scrach here:( , and i really need help from u guys on understanding this game better:) ) it wud help me in making a more decided choice.

I did some digging on the config u gave, and boss i'm getting a big thumbs up:) . But i have heard so much about AMDs that I think my computing experience wud be incomplete without ever tryin one:D

Also, wud any non-C2D proccy (without overclocking) be able to give better perf than the AMD 5200:confused:

S!D

Monster Truck
:idea: Good point:idea:

I dont really wanna settle down for a compromise, but I wanna make sure that the amount of technology I buy can actually be utilised.

I mean, ur PC just runs just as fast as your slowest component.
So I want a fast processor, but I wanna make sure that the accompanying components at present (and the ones added later), actually utilise the delivered power.

So, let's start from scratch:eek: ,

:arrow: My budget is 30k.
Out of this I have set aside:
Rs 1,700 for Zeb Bijli Cabby
Rs 1,500 for DVD-RW
Rs 9,600 (Approx as per last pricing) for Viewsonic 19" LCD with DVI input
Already have Mouse+Keyboard+Speakers and will add the Grfx card later due to budget constraint.

So I am left with 17,200 to buy:

:!: A Good proccy
:!: A Good MOBO (non SLI)
:!: 1GB DDR II 800Mhz RAM
:!: 160GB SATA II HDD
:!: 500W PSU with comparably better true output
(I am excluding the vat, I have a 3k buffer for that)

Could U guys please suggest on this

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Now for 17,200

Here is what I can think of,

ColorSit 500 Watts @ Rs. 1600/- + TAX
160 GB SATA-II (8mb buffer) Rs. 2000/- + TAX
1GB DDR-II 800 MHz Rs. 2200/- + TAX

Lowest Mobo which makes sense would be XFX 650i Ultra Rs. 5000/- + TAX

That Left us Rs. 6400 ....

C2D Processors in that range would be E4400 !!!

Now tell me, if you compare that above with my previuoslly suggested Config, as overall which Looks Better ??

Me said:
@S!D

My personal Opinion...

New Intel Dual Core E2140 @ Rs. 2800/- TAX
ASUS P5N-E Sli (650i) Rs. 7000/- TAX
Kingstone / Transcend 2 x 1 GB DDR-II @ Rs. 3800/- TAX
DVD RW @ Rs. 1300/- TAX
160 GB SATA-II @ Rs. 2000/- TAX
XFX 8400 GS @ Rs. 2600/- TAX
Cabi + ColorSit 450 watts @ Rs. 1800/- TAX
View Sonic 19" @ Rs. 9000/- TAX
Keyboard Mouse Microsoft Combo 700 @ Rs. 750/- TAX

TAX @ 4% Rs. 1242

Total is 32292 incl TAX

vineetrocks2005

In the zone
Help me with PC Configuration

I want to but a new PC mainly for using high end softwares such as 3ds MAX, Maya etc. My budget is around 30-35K & I want atleast 4GB of RAM & 250 GB HDD. Please help me ??

Thank You :)

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
S!D said:
:idea: Good point:idea:

I dont really wanna settle down for a compromise, but I wanna make sure that the amount of technology I buy can actually be utilised.

I mean, ur PC just runs just as fast as your slowest component.
So I want a fast processor, but I wanna make sure that the accompanying components at present (and the ones added later), actually utilise the delivered power.

So, let's start from scratch:eek: ,

:arrow: My budget is 30k.
Out of this I have set aside:
Rs 1,700 for Zeb Bijli Cabby
Rs 1,500 for DVD-RW
Rs 9,600 (Approx as per last pricing) for Viewsonic 19" LCD with DVI input
Already have Mouse+Keyboard+Speakers and will add the Grfx card later due to budget constraint.

So I am left with 17,200 to buy:

:!: A Good proccy
:!: A Good MOBO (non SLI)
:!: 1GB DDR II 800Mhz RAM
:!: 160GB SATA II HDD
:!: 500W PSU with comparably better true output
(I am excluding the vat, I have a 3k buffer for that)

Could U guys please suggest on this

if u intend on upgrading ur proccy when 45nm intel proccy's come out , then its better to take choto's old suggestion and buy E2140 . if u dont intend on upgrading ur proccy next year , better to compromise on that TFT and buy a CRT and go4 e6750 . .ur other components like the g-card wont bottleneck the 6750 . besides that , even if a component is getting bottlenecked , it'll perform usually better than a lower priced model ( for example i have a p4 HT 3 Ghz i know its bottlenecking my 8600GT , but never the less i know that the 8500GT wont perform to the level of 8600GT on my rig , so although there is a bottleneck , its the better choice .) . since ur buying the g-card later , chances are more that the cpu bottlenecks the g-card and not the other way around . so no point in going for a lower powered amd now. .

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
Re: Help me with PC Configuration

dont u need a super costly quadro fx or fire GL for that purpose ? how will even the g-card fit in that budget ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom