Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^^

I have Edited the Post so U missed it :lol: anyway its 9932/- all incl but yeah U need to add another 1k either for the PCI Wifi Card or for the USB Wifi adapter !!!

niladrisde

Dhishum
Excellent!! I can't really thank you enough choto_cheetah!

In fact I already bought a system by following your advice from your first post in this thread (AMD X2 64 4000+/AMD M2A-VM/250GB Sata2/Kingston 1GB DDR2 800/LG DVD-RW/Colorsit 450 + Cabi/PCI Wireless Card/Logitech Wireless Kb-M/Local UPS), for 32.5k incl. Tax. Lots of thanks for your valuable advices.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Welcome...

and It would be helpful you if please break that config up with detailed pricing product by product here, *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45694

thnkx

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Hey,

Just today I got a PC assembled for my friend,
basic config, simple usage, and occasionally Oracle, 3D Max usage.

AMD X2 4000+ & Gigabyte GA-MA69VM-S2 (Specs) - Rs. 6350

512*2 Transcend 667 - 2100
Sony DVD Writer - 1500
Viewsonic 19" WideScreen - 9200
Hitachi 160SATA2
FDD, normal cabinet & powersupply
Logitech Combo - 680

My question is .. I had a option of MSI nvidia 6100 board and this Gigabyte AMD 690 board. . gigabyte 400rs expensive
and ASUS with nvidia chipset was more expensive.

I went for gigabyte bcoz it had 4 RAM slots not 2, (better in case of upgrade)
and shared video support upto 256mb.

> Was that correct decision? ya I have taken it, but want to know whats right.
> Which one has upper hand nvidia or AMD chipset?

Regards

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
well guys..i need to BUY a new display for my pc.

my config is:

c2d e6420
xfx 650i ultra
2gigs ddr2 667
xfx 8600gt 256
cm 500 extreme
300gb sata 2 +all other bla bla....

i am confused whether to buy a flat crt or an lcd(budget-max 10-12k)

i will be playing games,all the latest ones(with some eye candy on,of cous!:D).

now pushing my rig to 1280*1024(native resolution of 17'' lcd)gaming wud send the frame rates skyrocketting earthwards....well dats wat i think!

now what should i get? a 17'' crt or a 15''/17'' lcd??

can the 17'' lcd support 1024*768 gaming without compromise on visual quality?

now for an lcd,it must have 5ms response time and high contrast ratio(>500:1) EDIT::i need gud brightness too..>300cd/m^2 and low dot pitch....i think that will be good for gaming.

now tell me,wat shud i do?

Last edited:

go4saket

Just read in PC World that Intel Q6600 is now available for Rs.11000/-. Is that true... Moreover, there is a lot of gush about the new 45nm processors that are about to release by this year end. Is this going to be quite superior to the present 65nm on grounds of performance. I actually want to buy a PC but if the upcoming technology is going to be way better, I would better wait rather buying something that is about to die...

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
mukherjee said:
i am confused whether to buy a flat crt or an lcd(budget-max 10-12k)

My suggestion View Soniq VX1932WM available at Rs. 10050/- + TAX Kolkata....

go4saket said:
Just read in PC World that Intel Q6600 is now available for Rs.11000/-. Is that true...

They are available but not actually Rs. 11k here at Kolkata some 12.7k + TAX...

S!D

Monster Truck
Buddies,
I have sold off my old dinosaur a few months back and need ur assistance and guide on my next purchase.
I did do a bit of digging and with my limited knowledge came up with this list:

AMD X2 5200~2.6Ghz~2MB L2 Cache :: The Cheapest AMD with 2MB L2 Cache
Asus M2N-E (non SLI) :: Cheapest ASUS Mobo with a thermal pipe design+nforce 570 Ultra+8channel audio
Transcend 1GB DDR II 800Mhz :: Plan to add another one later for going dual channel
Seagate 160GB SATA II
ASUS DVD RW
Zeb Bijli+Zeb Platinum 400W PSU (or probably CoolerMaster Extreme 500W if I can afford it )
Viewsonic 19" Wide VA1912wb with DVI input.
Budget is 30k(+-3K)

:) Eagerly awaiting comments and suggessions:)

Last edited:

S!D

Monster Truck
Budget is around 30k +-3k as per need

Want to build a mid-range gaming rig.
I was into full time gaming at the time when Unreal Tournament 2004 was launched.
Doom3 was the last game I played and it run decently on my last system.
But I have been out of touch and out of station ever since..

And I guess today's games like FEAR, etc. wud be quite a handful.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
S!D said:
Budget is around 30k +-3k as per need

Want to build a mid-range gaming rig.
I was into full time gaming at the time when Unreal Tournament 2004 was launched.
Doom3 was the last game I played and it run decently on my last system.
But I have been out of touch and out of station ever since..

And I guess today's games like FEAR, etc. wud be quite a handful.

i will let saurav do the honours...:D

but sure man..u will need a grafix card...say an XFX 8600GT 256 MB...should suffice for ur needs if u dont put in much of eye candy...

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
mukherjee said:
i will let saurav do the honours...:D

but sure man..u will need a graix card...say an XFX 8600GT 256 MB...should suffice for ur needs if u dont put in much of eye candy...

Come on...

Post your views naa... :D

yes certainly i would try my one too, but you too please post your View...

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Choto Cheeta said:
My suggestion View Soniq VX1932WM available at Rs. 10050/- + TAX Kolkata....

Thanks..but tell me one thing..do these lcd displays support any resolution below their native ones?will there be any glitches or performance hits then? i have xfx geforce 8600gt..will dat suffice for my gaming needds at native resloutions or do i need to tone down the resoluition?

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
mukherjee said:
Thanks..but tell me one thing..do these lcd displays support any resolution below their native ones?will there be any glitches or performance hits then? i have xfx geforce 8600gt..will dat suffice for my gaming needds at native resloutions or do i need to tone down the resoluition?

Certainly they support !!! run under DVI Interface for better performance on Changing resolution... :D

@S!D

My personal Opinion...

New Intel Dual Core E2140 @ Rs. 2800/- TAX
ASUS P5N-E Sli (650i) Rs. 7000/- TAX
Kingstone / Transcend 2 x 1 GB DDR-II @ Rs. 3800/- TAX
DVD RW @ Rs. 1300/- TAX
160 GB SATA-II @ Rs. 2000/- TAX
XFX 8400 GS @ Rs. 2600/- TAX
Cabi + ColorSit 450 watts @ Rs. 1800/- TAX
View Sonic 19" @ Rs. 9000/- TAX
Keyboard Mouse Microsoft Combo 700 @ Rs. 750/- TAX

TAX @ 4% Rs. 1242

Total is 32292 incl TAX

Now lets annalys it...

The New Intel Dual Cores are really hell of a processors... :D Developed on came core acritecture.... :D basically I would say a strip down version of Core 2 Duo Processors but in some really eye cacthing price... it will on stock out performe up to 4000 X2 with ease... and reports suggests that its a hell of a Overclocker, people do 85 to 100 % oc on intel stock cooling and when that high it will take on any AMD range :p

but for ur needs even 15% OC will be enough to compete agaisnt 5200 :D... this is a really vaule for money processors from Intel...

Why P5N-E SLi over XFX 650i ?? simple because no support for 45mn :p though ever you may not buy a 45mn at present but when you feel (that too in distance future) u will have option to remove the E2140 and replace it with a really Cheaper C2D or a Low end 45 mn processor... :D

Well 2 GB will be good to run under Dual Channel...

now for grfx Card I chose 8400 as at present will allow u to run FEAR under 800x600 with some what high settings... !!! but u may not be able to play BioShock on that 800 with high settings, but that too should run under mid settings !!! :D

but this platform will allow to to add a better card when u can gather some more money for a better card, may be a 9xxx later on after 6 month !!!

I feel this is a platform which is very flexible on upgarding options so later on in future u will not face much problem adding stuff :D

Last edited:

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
hmm.i agree wid u sourav....the above config luks gud!real gud!
u type so fast...now dats y i left the config upto u bro...keep it comming!!8)

one question:::does the dvi port give better performance than analog input?and if I game at lower resolutions than native..will dat cause performance issues?

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
one question:::does the dvi port give better performance than analog input?and if the game at lower resolutions than native..will dat cause performance issues?

for ur information, DVI is better than Analog Inteface... !!! *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface

and games will peforme Better under lower resolution with Lower end GRFX Cards :D :lol: :lol:

@ S!D

Forgor to Write...

Here is a Quick Look at 8400 GS 256MB :D *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65606

Last edited:

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Choto Cheeta said:
for ur information, DVI is better than Analog Inteface... !!!
and games will peforme Better under lower resolution with Lower end GRFX Cards :D :lol: :lol:

well,choto..can i have the specs of your rig?:lol:

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Because of Cafe Chain, u may say i have quite a few, but which is my personal at my Room is,

E6600 @ 3.6 GHz (Will step down to 1.6 GHz)
ThermalRight Ultra 120 eXtreme with Panflo 120 mm ultra High speed fan
P5N-E SLi
ATi x1600 Pro (will shift to 8400 GS)
4 GB DDR-II 667 MHz @ 700 MHz
Pinnacle TV Tuner KIT
250 GB SATA-II 8 MB BUffer
250 GB SATA-II 16 mb buffer
80 GB SATA-I
80 GB PATA
Sony DVD RW
SAMSUNG DVD ROM
Large Mecury Cabinet (4 yrl old) (Highly Modified with Cooling FANs 2 120mm ext and few smaller cabinet fans)
ColorSit 500 Watts
Techcom 350 watts for the Cabi FANs
TVS Gold (10 yrl old)
Microsoft Mouse
5.1 Creative (will shift to 2.1 4 yrl old NEC SPk)
View Soniq vg1930wm (may Shift to vx1932wm)
APC 500 VA with 2 extra Rocket Battery for a 3 hours Backup onload

!!!

Thats it i suppose in my home PC now...

now why I will shift becasue to save power :lol: paying 500 etar on each bill because of these moster running that 1st !!! so as I a not a pro gamer will shift the ATi Card to any or the cafe servers :p and me will use 8400 GS !!! will run under clocked at 1.6 GHz to save power !!! so no more high stuff so no more heat, so can swicth of the techcom... LCD too saves a tons of power :D... but once again, when ever i need with a simple reboot and load of BIOS Profile will allow me to run at top performacne :D

but for 24x7 i prefer the power saving mode !!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom