Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
^^heats less???!!!......lolz........am not talking abt old ATi cards, nd if u don't know, nVidia cards heats more nd can't handle much heat; for example take 8800GT........can u overclock it with its stock cooling???.....nd look at 9800X2, its cooling kit due to heating pushes air like in a jet plane:rolleyes:.

NB:hey guys, I don't want to start a fight club here:(........everyone hav right to select their own favorite products, so u guys choose wat u feel best. I just pointed out to u guys, ok? nd plz do some homework before blindly jumping to solutions; either read carefully throu professional benchmarking sites or do ur own benchmarking and take decisions....

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/28a.gifCorsair XMS for 22000!!!.for that much money i can buy a whole new PC *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/17a.gif
the same thing on newegg costs 240$ ..guess i now know where to order *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/4.gif

i think even Intel BOXDX38 is not available in india..or is it?

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@ajayashis

the comment was not ment for you...

I still stand by what I have recommended you to get...

E2140 + P5N32-E SLi + XFX 8800 GT 512 MB now about RAM, yes Crosier 1 GB module of 667 MHz would be fine for your RIG as 800 MHz without any heavy OC would be really a waste of money !!!

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
@choto

getting my Asus Maximus Formula + HD 3870x2 probably next Tuesday.
Total 13000 + 22500
Also ordered two games COD 4 and Gears Of War.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
@ajayashis

the comment was not ment for you...

I still stand by what I have recommended you to get...

E2140 + P5N32-E SLi + XFX 8800 GT 512 MB now about RAM, yes Crosier 1 GB module of 667 MHz would be fine for your RIG as 800 MHz without any heavy OC would be really a waste of money !!!

Can i do overclocking on this board as well... and what is the price difference between GT and GTS... and which is better... i was seeing the 2X2GB Corsiar 800MHz module on ITwares... and was planning to get that from them.... and where can i get cooler master cabinet in kolkata...

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
^^heats less???!!!......lolz........am not talking abt old ATi cards, nd if u don't know, nVidia cards heats more nd can't handle much heat; for example take 8800GT........can u overclock it with its stock cooling???.....nd look at 9800X2, its cooling kit due to heating pushes air like in a jet plane

See, that I know about the high end cards but I am talking about the mid-range cards. Judging by the benchmarks, a 9600GT gives more performance then Radeon 3650 but also heats a lot & is costly. Like I asked you, what is the approx cost of Radeon 3650? I am going to check how it works in 3ds Max etc, if there is no view port anomaly then I am buying a Radeon 3650

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
and what is the price difference between GT and GTS...

not much but the new GT is better value for money :)

i was seeing the 2X2GB Corsiar 800MHz module on ITwares...

TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX is what offered at 7k at ITwares :) ask Kolkata vendors if they have it or not...

and where can i get cooler master cabinet in kolkata

stores would have catalogue so as you select any, they can bring it for you :)

@choto

getting my Asus Maximus Formula + HD 3870x2 probably next Tuesday.
Total 13000 + 22500
Also ordered two games COD4 and Gears Of War

wish I could join u :lol:

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
@gx

me too ws talking abt mig-range card, d HD3850 nd u can get it for better price at IT Wares.

I haven't checked the reason price of HD3650 after d latest price cut from ATi.....it will be around 4-6k

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
any suggestions on how much power for the SMPS... and also did u see that site i posted abt the non compatibility of 860 boards with the new processors

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
@gx

me too ws talking abt mig-range card, d HD3850 nd u can get it for better price at IT Wares.

I haven't checked the reason price of HD3650 after d latest price cut from ATi.....it will be around 4-6k

Let's talk about this in the graphics card thread, shell we.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Yes man!
U are right about the HD 3850 that it generates less heat and requires less power but this is not same with the 3870X2. It does require helluva power!

We are talking about the better value for money and performance.

3850 is a good card and it also gives good frame rates, the the problem comes when AA is turned on!

I have come across many benchmarks and i noticed that nVidia is great with AA+AF "ON", whereas ATi S***s when it comes to AA+AF.

ATi cards aren't widely available in INDIA compared to ATi but if u are buying from newegg or something then its good to buy.

Besides ATi cards are expensive in INDIA due to lack of availability.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@ajayashish
get the corsair HD 620. Its very gud one and can handle tow mid~high end cards[8800GT,9600GT,HD 3850]in SLI.
if u are into SLI ing high end cards[8800GTS, 3870X2], then u shud get atleast an 800+w PSU which wud set u back 10k+

8800GT MSi is the cheapest one @ 12.5k
and 8800GTS 512 comes at 15~16k from MSI. GTS is better.
But if u are into SLI ing two 8800GT, then i wud suggest a single HD 3870 X2 @ 22k which consumes less power than 8800GT SLi, nd heats less nd has slightly better performance.
But 8800GTS SLi will be more powerful.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Well i will better go for 512MB 8800GTS XFX or MSI... can someone tell me the price of both and also if both the cards are available in Kolkata or not... and what is there in the BUNDLE

Also will go for Cooler Master 600Watts SMPS

go4saket

I need a basic computer for a 12 Yr old kid. I need an advice in the matter of which motherboard should I choose. The machine would be used for basic computing, Internet surfing, casual gaming (not high end games) and stuff. No over clocking features required. As I am not planning to use any GFX card, please recommend me a motherboard with decent onboard graphics, as many PCI slots possible & online Ethernet. Onboard WiFi if possible.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I need a basic computer for a 12 Yr old kid. I need an advice in the matter of which motherboard should I choose. The machine would be used for basic computing, Internet surfing, casual gaming (not high end games) and stuff. No over clocking features required. As I am not planning to use any GFX card, please recommend me a motherboard with decent onboard graphics, as many PCI slots possible & online Ethernet. Onboard WiFi if possible.

AMD ATHLON 64 X2 4000+ AM2 Dual Core Processor Rs. 2,750
Asus M2A VM HDMI : Rs.4k
2x1Gb Transcend DDR2 667MHz: Rs.1050 x2 = Rs. 2100
Seagate 250Gb Sata2 HDD: Rs. 2640
Samsung 19" LCD 940NM: Rs. 10400
or
Samsung 17" LCD 740NM: Rs. 9000
or
Viewsonic 17" LCD: Rs.7950
or
Samsung 17" flat CRT: Rs. 5800

Sony 20x DVD Writer: Rs.1480
APC 500va UPS: Rs. 2700
Microsoft optical desktop: Rs.750 (k/b + mouse)
Logitech X-230 2.1 speakers
or Logitech X-540 speakers

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Sorry, forgot to mention that I want to go for a Intel C2D only. So a mobo for the same would be required...

Whats the Budget ??

As GX already have given a good config,

E2140
XFX 630i 7150
2 GB DDR-II 667 MHz
160 GB SATA

but then again whats the budget ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom